It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i think DRONES is even a better word.

Do the masters dirty work and do not question the authorita.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Or maybe Army of CLONES could do it?

You are Under Arrest mister Terrorist! Put your Hands on Your Head!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I think that the Army really WANTS Robots, not Humans with Guns, because Humans have feelings, feelings they really do not want to be apart of a Military Operation.

Feelings can be used very effectively in war, hence why training is usually made to be agresive. Anger = strength, anger = lack of fear.

Fear is not a useful emotion, and if they didnt want humans then pray tell us why troops are allowed to disobey orders if they violate regulations?

And Robots follow orders to every single point, they will not turn their back and run away, or refuse the order because of their way of thinking.

A robot does not show compasion to a fallen comrade, a robot does not risk his life to save a friend, an inocent or an enemy POW.

So, if you ask me, does the Army want Robots or Men as soldiers, I will say Robots.

Then you dont now what the armed forces wants.

Originally posted by nukunuku
i think DRONES is even a better word.

Do the masters dirty work and do not question the authorita.

Does a drone stop another soldier from breaking regulations and insulting the local towns people?

Colonel Tim Collins did and look what the so called "free" or "independant" press did to him... "MURDERER!" I believe was the name spread around.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
oh i respect a soldier with strong morals, however i dont think this is desireable on the battlefield...you need not to think if you want to react as fast as possible, so emotions and empathy get in the way of killing

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
oh i respect a soldier with strong morals, however i dont think this is desireable on the battlefield...you need not to think if you want to react as fast as possible, so emotions and empathy get in the way of killing

Well some cultures think that a warrior must be without morals or hesitation and IMO that is needed but emotions like anger, hate, compasion, even a mild form of love is needed on the battlefield in some situations...mind you I have never been on a battlefield before and so this is just from what I have learned through varios sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join