It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Most nations are too cowardly to send troops to Iraq, even though it be for training. It shows 'courage and bravery' to send that 'huge' number to Iraq. I mean, didn't most eastern countries simply tuck their tails in and roll over on their backs when Russia rolled in? I've known of school girls like that.

On the other hand, the will of the people should be taken seriously. If the majority of the people don't want to send a token contingent to Iraq, then maybe they should be given the opportunity to withdraw from their obligations to and protections from NATO.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karantania
thats not true!!! There was a "show" on TV where the politics were fighting about that, and 30.000 Slovenians voted(of 2 milion slovenians). The result: 52% vs. 48% for 'yes to this decision, and the results from this TV show are mostly the same as on elections,...

Yeah I saw that Show Too.

Our Representatives really looked Childish and totally Immature when they would not allow each other to speak and talk at the same time.

I was surprised of the Result - on RTV Slovenia internet news portal, more then 70% war against sending Slovenian soldiers of ANY kind to Iraq. And I agree with that. It is just another Example of Slovenian SLAVES which are licking the Boots of Foreign Military Super War Lards, so that they would not forget their Good Deeds that they made with sending Soldiers to Iraq.

I was also against the Decision of joining the NATO.

So you think we are INDEPENDANT and FREE? Well you are Wrong! Nothing has changed, it is all the same as 100 years ago, only the Times changed. Once Slovenian used to send their young men to Austro-Hungarian army, but now the Global Empire of Neo-Liberal-Corporate Elite is making the Decisions behind the Curtians of NATO and US Armed Forces.

So, it has nothing to do with making Iraqi people Free and Secure - it just has to do, with the following Statement:

THEY SAY JUMP - AND YOU SAY HOW HIGH!

Period.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Sorry, but the answer to Iraqi peoples (which one?) call for freedom was I think 5th or 6th reason for invasion and occupation of this country. Well excusse actually.

There wasnt a list of points to attack Iraq !!
All the reasons were reason enough.

Economical reward from US or other Western countries? Can you elaborate on that?

Yes, the economic and political mileage that participation would give to any nation that helped out in the WOT. How do you think Slovenia made it to NATO so easily ???

[edit on 25-1-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Once Slovenian used to send their young men to Austro-Hungarian army, but now the Global Empire of Neo-Liberal-Corporate Elite is making the Decisions behind the Curtians of NATO and US Armed Forces.

So, it has nothing to do with making Iraqi people Free and Secure - it just has to do, with the following Statement:

Just when I thought that the rhetoric had finally taken the back seat.......

Oh, well the fact of the matter doesnt change, everybody has a choice it is upto the person to make that decision. The same is the case with Slovenia, they can refuse to co-operate and be forgoten as another one of the " Yougoslav states " or they can stand up and make their presence felt on the international stage, make new alliances and contribute to a cause.

As Neo would say;
" THE PROBLEM IS CHOICE "

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

on RTV Slovenia internet news portal, more then 70% war against sending Slovenian soldiers of ANY kind to Iraq.

yeah...and how many people voted there? about 100
...Our soldiers will go there on free will...and they will get a lot of money, they won't be in any combat..And Slovenia is NATO member so, there is nothing wrong with the decision...I i would be the prime minister, i would send 50 soldiers there!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
thankfully you are not

like i said, the country is now run by one of the biggest weapon smugglers on the balkans in recent history. This fact however does not bother slovenian nationalists, which are mainly something like rednecks in the USA, and are responsible for voting him in.
People in the "big" cities know better, they vote liberal mostly, which is really not much better, but at least they still know that if you put your hand in fire, you will get burned.
But well, it is what it is, theres no turning back now and i must say, i dont care really, its just NWO in the making, not a significant thing on any global scale.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So your trying to say that NATO, the entire world, every corporation and every thing NOT owned by the public (which would make it etheir government or military since corporations are run by civilians who suprisngly enough are part of the public) are run by neocon-liberal-american parties-GWB-Tony blair-spong bob square pants (I knew he was up to something!)- the monster raving looney party?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

yeah...and how many people voted there? about 100
...Our soldiers will go there on free will...and they will get a lot of money, they won't be in any combat..And Slovenia is NATO member so, there is nothing wrong with the decision...I i would be the prime minister, i would send 50 soldiers there!

Wrong - Soldiers will go there because they will be ORDERED to, not on their Free Will, as you said. And it does not matter if they will be involved in any kind of combat or not - what matters is, that this Decision has put Slovenia on the Map for Iraqi People, because the News travels fast, and almost everybody in downtown Baghdad knows, that Slovenia is sending soldiers to help arm and train the IDF - I mean the SHIA Majority Military Forces.

IF you watched the TV Discussion a Week ago, our former Prime Miniter said that there were OTHER Choices to Fulfill our Duties and Obligations as members of NATO (to which I oppose). There were Other Options, which the current Slovenian Goverment did NOT consider and did NOT look into at all. They just made a Decision, to suck up the the Global Elite, who made this War in Iraq what it is Today. This is not some Police Duties, like in Kosovo or Bosnia, where the Conflict is supposed to be Over.

Thank God you are not our PM, to send 50 or more soldiers down there, for I belive that not ALL would have Returned. But HEY!, as long as they are Payed Good and that their Families back home would have receive a Fat Check with lots of Zeros, instead of their Son/Husband/Brother.

OH, and the Poll that was on RTV Slovenia had Exactly 4886 voters - and the Result was 69% AGAINST!

I guess the Ruling Right can not BUY themselves all the Poll Results after all, ey?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
So your trying to say that NATO,......... are run by neocon-liberal-american parties-GWB-Tony blair-spong bob square pants (I knew he was up to something!)- the monster raving looney party?

Too Funny !!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Wrong - Soldiers will go there because they will be ORDERED to, not on their Free Will, as you said.

OK, where did you get that information...surley there will be many soldiers who will be lucky to go there, Ok it's not the same, but my relatave was in Bosnia, Afghanistan when he didn't have a girlfrend or child as now, he was pleased to go, like he told me, a lot of money and NO danger. Boys like him will be pleased to go too. I belive that the center in Iraq where our instructors will work will be safe enough.

And it does not matter if they will be involved in any kind of combat or not - what matters is, that this Decision has put Slovenia on the Map for Iraqi People, because the News travels fast, and almost everybody in downtown Baghdad knows, that Slovenia is sending soldiers to help arm and train the IDF - I mean the SHIA Majority Military Forces.

we are doing in good to Iraqi people, if the arab terrorist will attack us, we won't s let them win, 'coz we are not doing nothing wrong, and we are NOT ocupator!

IF you watched the TV Discussion a Week ago, our former Prime Miniter said that there were OTHER Choices to Fulfill our Duties and Obligations as members of NATO (to which I oppose). There were Other Options, which the current Slovenian Goverment did NOT consider and did NOT look into at all. They just made a Decision, to suck up the the Global Elite, who made this War in Iraq what it is Today. This is not some Police Duties, like in Kosovo or Bosnia, where the Conflict is supposed to be Over.

Other Options? Money isn't needed in Iraq. Nato said that there will be no training in 3rd countries.

Thank God you are not our PM, to send 50 or more soldiers down there, for I belive that not ALL would have Returned. But HEY!, as long as they are Payed Good and that their Families back home would have receive a Fat Check with lots of Zeros, instead of their Son/Husband/Brother.

They are soldiers not Barbies. If anyone would be killed there, he would fall for the good of Iraq, for Democracy.

OH, and the Poll that was on RTV Slovenia had Exactly 4886 voters - and the Result was 69% AGAINST!

yeah, the number isn't high but tells something. But the Poll was ended BEFORE the government "comment" the decision, after that the results were totaly diffrent.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
yeeeey, well when you grow up you get to go too, how cool is that

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
yeeeey, well when you grow up you get to go too, how cool is that

I see myself in the army...but in Slovenia is not neccesary to go to army...

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Karantania]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

OK, where did you get that information...surley there will be many soldiers who will be lucky to go there, Ok it's not the same, but my relatave was in Bosnia, Afghanistan when he didn't have a girlfrend or child as now, he was pleased to go, like he told me, a lot of money and NO danger. Boys like him will be pleased to go too. I belive that the center in Iraq where our instructors will work will be safe enough.

Where did I get this Information? If you did not know, Soldiers and other Military Personell have to FOLLOW ORDERS - and they will do so, if Ordered by the Goverment.

Well I am happy to see your Relatives live a Good and Great life as soldiers - hey it's a Crappy job, but somebody has to do it! As far as NO danger is concerned - well, we shall see about Iraq.

Anyway, please, Join the Army and Join your Relatives and Mates in numerous Military Mission abroad, where the Mighty NATO, the Lapdog of even more Mightier American Empire will send you. Please, be my Guest!

we are doing in good to Iraqi people, if the arab terrorist will attack us, we won't s let them win, 'coz we are not doing nothing wrong, and we are NOT ocupator!

Sure.

Ofcourse.

Just like the Bush Administration is doing Good in Afganistan and Iraq right? Nothing wrong there! They have come to Liberate and to Free the Iraqi People and have created a Mess of a Situation, and now they call up the NATO to help them solve this.

Let me Remind you, that the Slovenian Goverment NEVER supported the Invasion of Iraq - and now they look pretty Funny by sending Slovenian boys to Iraq, directly to the Warzone.

Good Job Guys!

Other Options? Money isn't needed in Iraq. Nato said that there will be no training in 3rd countries.

Ey? Say what?

They are soldiers not Barbies. If anyone would be killed there, he would fall for the good of Iraq, for Democracy.

For Democracy? Are you serious? There is NOTHING Democratic about Invading foreign countries. There is nothing Democratic about Killing a bunch of innocent Civilans. Is that Democracy for you?

[edit on 25/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Where did I get this Information? If you did not know, Soldiers and other Military Personell have to FOLLOW ORDERS - and they will do so, if Ordered by the Goverment.

man...soldiers who want to go there will be tested, and if they are the right one to go there, they'll go....one more time, this 4 soldiers will go on Free will!! You'll see them on TV before they'll go...

Let me Remind you, that the Slovenian Goverment NEVER supported the Invasion of Iraq - and now they look pretty Funny by sending Slovenian boys to Iraq, directly to the Warzone.

wrong! We signed "Vilnuška izjava" please translate, 'coz i don't know the English word fo that...

For Democracy? Are you serious? There is NOTHING Democratic about Invading foreign countries. There is nothing Democratic about Killing a bunch of innocent Civilans. Is that Democracy for you?

In every war Civilians are killed, but in Iraq most of them has been killed by Iraqi terrorist who claim that they are fighting for own nation

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Karantania]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Anyway, please, Join the Army and Join your Relatives and Mates in numerous Military Mission abroad, where the Mighty NATO, the Lapdog of even more Mightier American Empire will send you. Please, be my Guest!

You mean the weak NATO with its mighty army that does not exist until one of the NATO members asks for help or until they decide to go play soldier for a few days/weeks?
You mean the weak NATO with its very american and long serving ex RNAF officer from Amsterdam secretary general?

This WARMONGER was not only an officer but also served in the secretive spokesmen’s service of the Foreign Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs! How could you trust the man? He's obviosly a liar since he worked at the Amsterdam Nyenrode Law School, my god trusted a solicitor?
And the clincher ladies and gents, SIS has also discovered the most horrible truth....he likes french films!

He enjoys singing and is fond of...as well as French films

Source: www.nato.int...

Could you trust this man?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

man...soldiers who want to go there will be tested, and if they are the right one to go there, they'll go....one more time, this 4 soldiers will go on Free will!! You'll see them on TV before they'll go...

ERrr... have you been to the Army? I think not. You know, it goes like this: Soldiers are trained to follow orders, and if they follow orders Correctly, they are promoted to a higher rank, which means that they will not only follow orders but also GIVE those orders. So you think this poor 4 instructors will follow orders of the Supreme commanders of Military or will they just raise they hand and yell across the Class - "Me! Me! Take Me!"

THERE IS NO FREE WILL IN THE ARMY!

wrong! We signed "Vilnuška izjava" please translate, 'coz i don't know the English word fo that...

And where does it say, that Slovenia has to Send troops in downtown Baghdad? It only says, that we should be joining the Training of the IDF Officers, like the Germans and the French and the rest of members of NATO - it does not say anywhere, we should send them to Iraq. The Germans have a Camp established in Qatar I think - but our boys MUST go to Iraq! They must be a Part of this Liberation, so that our Proud Goverment would say, that We Send Soldiers to Iraq!

What a DUMB Thing to do - everybody wants to GET OUT, we are Going IN!

LICK THOSE BOOTS! LICK THEM!

In every war Civilians are killed, but in Iraq most of them has been killed by Iraqi terrorist who claim that they are fighting for own nation

And ofcourse, when the US airplanes drop 1000 pound boms, full of Depleted Uranium on houses full of Civilans, that is NOT Terrorism, but Counter-Terrorism. Yeah, go ahead, bomb Mommies and Daddies and little Children in their Jammies while they are going to bed, and see if the Number of Insurgent Attacks in Iraq DE-creases.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ERrr... have you been to the Army? I think not. You know, it goes like this: Soldiers are trained to follow orders, and if they follow orders Correctly, they are promoted to a higher rank, which means that they will not only follow orders but also GIVE those orders. So you think this poor 4 instructors will follow orders of the Supreme commanders of Military or will they just raise they hand and yell across the Class - "Me! Me! Take Me!"

i know that they have to follow orders, but(BUT!) they won't send there a solider, eho does't want to go, u can be sure about that, we have enough good soldiers who would like to go there, so why would we send there soldiers who don't?

And when we signed "vilnuška izjava" we appoved U.S. invasion in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

THERE IS NO FREE WILL IN THE ARMY!

Eh the better question is have you.
I have seen 0 evidence of your "time" with your armed forces, even though you claim to have served in them.

The armed forces dont just promote you because of your ability to give and take orders, if they did that they would have robots.
Armed forces dont want robots, a robot cant be trusted with a rifle, a soldier can.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Soldiers have to follow orders, BUT they can get out of certain duties if it goes against their religion, or conscience, or are illegal orders.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The armed forces dont just promote you because of your ability to give and take orders, if they did that they would have robots.
Armed forces dont want robots, a robot cant be trusted with a rifle, a soldier can.

I think that the Army really WANTS Robots, not Humans with Guns, because Humans have feelings, feelings they really do not want to be apart of a Military Operation. And Robots follow orders to every single point, they will not turn their back and run away, or refuse the order because of their way of thinking.

So, if you ask me, does the Army want Robots or Men as soldiers, I will say Robots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join