It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
IAF 101.

I don't know what your problem is with small number of our military instructors to be sent in Iraq.

You know, this is a mission of peace and stabilization. Those soldiers are not the part of Coalition's occuping force.

The NATO mission in Iraq is made out of instructors from Bolgarija, Checz Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Italy, Lithuania, Hungary, Netherland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, UK, USA and Slovenia and counts a little less than 200 soldiers. We are also donating 5,2 million Euros for weapons and equipment for Iraqi Army, 100.000 Euros for education of their officers anf 172.000 Euros for transportation of 77 Hungarian tanks. I think this is not so small donation for a country of 2 million people like Slovenia.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
IAF 101.

I don't know what your problem is with small number of our military instructors to be sent in Iraq.

You know, this is a mission of peace and stabilization. Those soldiers are not the part of Coalition's occuping force.

You know yanchek, this isnt only about Slovenia that i am talking about. It is more about the misrepresentation of the value of contribution by nations that sends 1 or 2 soldiers. They get to say that they "participated" when infact their participation was mere formality. IMO these nations would be better off just sending money or supplies instead of 1 or 2 soldiers as token service. Otherwise nations that have sent hundreds would feel that their contribution is not as appreciated as they would like it to be. Also it would appear to be a facade. Their should be a minimum number that nations should fulfil if they want to send so that the representation is firstly, meaningfull and capable of a significant contribution and secondly, be more just in the credit of work done to all the nations involved.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I find it Extremly Funny to Observe the Statements of our Politicians, who are Supporting the Decision to send Soldiers to Iraq.

One Year ago, their Words were speaking a completly Different Story:

"We DON'T think about sending our Troops to Iraq and it is Pointless to Talk about that."

Current Foreign Minister Dimitrij Rupel January 2005

"I say, that Slovenia does not have Soldiers in Iraq for Known Reasons: because this Attack on Iraq was in My opinion Not Neccessary, and the International Community, alongside with NATO and UN did NOT Support this Operation. Therefore I Tell you ALL here, Today: Slovenia WILL NOT Send Soldiers to Iraq, as long as I am the Defence Minister!"

Current Defence Minister Karel Erjavec September 2005

Ofcourse, their Words today could not be different then in 2005.

What a BUNCH of LIARS!

[edit on 17/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
"I say, that Slovenia does not have Soldiers in Iraq for Known Reasons: because this Attack on Iraq was in My opinion Not Neccessary, and the International Community, alongside with NATO and UN did NOT Support this Operation. Therefore I Tell you ALL here, Today: Slovenia WILL NOT Send Soldiers to Iraq, until I am the Defence Minister!"

Current Defence Minister Karel Erjavec September 2005

Ofcourse, their Words today could not be different then in 2005.

What a BUNCH of LIARS!

How is he lying? He said Slovenia won't send troops until he's Defense Minister, and you said he's the current Defense Minister. How's that lying?

[edit on 1/17/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
How is he lying? He said Slovenia won't sent troops until he's Defense Minister, and you said he's the current Defense Minister. How's that lying?

A Translation Mistake.

Thank You!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

What a BUNCH of LIARS!

Is that so suprising ??

After all politicians are politicians and no matter where they are from they are equally "political" in their statements. Matters of the state are such.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Is that so suprising ??

After all politicians are politicians and no matter where they are from they are equally "political" in their statements. Matters of the state are such.

Actually I am NOT Surprised at the Fact that they Lied;

I wonder what made them change their Minds to Send troops to Iraq, despite the things that they said about Iraq Invasion and what it means.

This issue has really Split our Goverment in Half.

The Public OPPOSES the Decision by a Strong 70% Majority.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ok, I may be short sighted but who cares if slovenia sends troops to iraq, and isnt that like 3? that isnt even a drop in the bucket.....

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A friend in need is a friend indeed

The NATO contingent is not a police or operational force but highly trained, educated and able military instructors that will train the new Iraqi professional army. They are bringing brain power and not brute military force of Coalition. The subtile approach. And they are deployed there on apeal of UN, consensus of US Security Council and personal plea for help from president of Iraq.

Members of this contingent are going to put their lives at risk because these training facilities are high profile targets for insurgent and terrorist groups so their work there won't be a picnic.

I must also stress that Slovenian part of this contingent is fully funded from our government. We are not only sending personel but also monetary funds to Iraqi goverment and logistical support for this enterprise as I posted earlier.

What I cannot understand is why would be any other foreign country offended by a hight of contribution from another country? The only one who should be offended or even want to refuse help is Iraqi government or people. But we all know that they need all the help they can get. And that also goes for the Coalition forces.
When someone is in need, you give what you can. And when you help someone it is more appreciated when you do it in person. It shows respect.

I must say IAF101 that I'm a little baffeled by your fuzzy logic.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea. Slovenia will get tonnes of $$$ just for sending (lol!!!) 4 soldiers (who won't even be in combat)! Do the same, the foreign aid will be of help hehehe...

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

A friend in need is a friend indeed

BUT Friend who BLEEDS is BETTER!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I hope Souljah gets drafted and is forced to fight in Iraq. Ohhhhh the irony!!!

In any case, it's nice to see them contributing to Iraq. They, unlike many many others, are now pulling thier fair share to better the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You know yanchek, this isnt only about Slovenia that i am talking about. It is more about the misrepresentation of the value of contribution by nations that sends 1 or 2 soldiers. They get to say that they "participated" when infact their participation was mere formality. IMO these nations would be better off just sending money or supplies instead of 1 or 2 soldiers as token service. Otherwise nations that have sent hundreds would feel that their contribution is not as appreciated as they would like it to be. Also it would appear to be a facade. Their should be a minimum number that nations should fulfil if they want to send so that the representation is firstly, meaningfull and capable of a significant contribution and secondly, be more just in the credit of work done to all the nations involved.

I completely dissagree.

Any kind of help is welcome. Slovenia is a small, yet flurishing nation. If they offer help of an kind, GOOD FOR THEM!

Going into this, the US knew it would shoulder the majority of burden. Any help of any kind is welcomed as far as I am concerned.

Understand, they are spending political capital doing this.

Slovenia, I salute you.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I hope Souljah gets drafted and is forced to fight in Iraq. Ohhhhh the irony!!!

Sorry to Inform you, but I already SERVED my Country when we had the Mandatory Draft for the 7 Month Service. But that Draft was Abandoned and now the Army in Professional.

So these for Guys are just going on a Business Trip to Middle East.

And I sure am not joining the Army on my Free Will!

I ain't Crazy!

Damn - I forgot you have me on ignore; I remembered just now, when I read your signature. I guess you won't see this post then.

[edit on 18/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Actually, for some reason I do see your reply!

Honestly, it's not so much that I mind you personally - you seem like a nice enough person - it's just that your rabid anti-US anti-Bush crusade gets a bit taxing for me. It becomes a bit much seeing 12 "the US is evil" threads a day.

I might even take you off ignore after my nice Souljah time out, if only I knew how.

In any case, I really am not surprised you wouldn't join the military again, even after your short stint. You don't have what it takes, if I may say so.

Regardless, I thank your nation for their contribution. Yes, this may make your nation a slightly higher terror target. But frankly, I doubt any major plot is going to take place in your nation with such high profile nations close by. Just be proud that - despite your personal political views on the war it's self - your nation is going to help IRAQI's. The sooner they get on their own two feet the better.

I think we can agree that a self governing Iraq is a worthy cause.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What I cannot understand is why would be any other foreign country offended by a hight of contribution from another country? The only one who should be offended or even want to refuse help is Iraqi government or people. But we all know that they need all the help they can get. And that also goes for the Coalition forces.

It is not about taking offence but losing interest !!
The coalition is built up of members that have large contingents in Iraq already and share portions of the responsibility equally. For this they are rewarded both politically and economically by the US and other Western nations. Now if a country were to merely extend token service to this coalition and be rewarded equally then it would demotivate the rest of the nations that have made much more significant contributions. They would feel let down and would see their contribution as marginalized by the US despite the deference in contributions. They wont be offended towards Slovenia but rather at their own extravagence.

When someone is in need, you give what you can. And when you help someone it is more appreciated when you do it in person. It shows respect.

Well, I didnt hear that tune from you when the USA answered the Iraqi peoples call for Freedom ??
In fact all I heard was vehment castigation from your side of the fence !

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Well, I didnt hear that tune from you when the USA answered the Iraqi peoples call for Freedom ??
In fact all I heard was vehment castigation from your side of the fence !

Sorry, but the answer to Iraqi peoples (which one?) call for freedom was I think 5th or 6th reason for invasion and occupation of this country. Well excusse actually.

Economical reward from US or other Western countries? Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

nukunuku - a political comic in todays newspaper shows a slovenian soldier carrying a backpack with a big peace sign on his way to Iraq and the next picture shows him in arriving to Iraq, but now the peace sign on his backpack has changed into a target.

Of course. Anyone who support the illigal, immoral and based on lie occupation of Iraq by just supporting silence just become legal target. These, who sending troops are prime targets.

These guys are, of course, legitimate targets for Iraq resistance.

And Slovenia? Well, same as Czech republic - just another example of ex-commies country, where the politics won't listen to their people at all. But hey, most US citizens did not support Bush war as well, as still it goes on, so... No wonder. Our Czech republic prime minister recently decided to send troops to Afghanistan again.
Why?
Money.
We actually did not need to pay them when they are in Afghanistan, so let's send them there...

In online voting, over 85% of Czechs vote NOT send them, yet who cares. The goverment? Certainly now.

So, a ironic congratulation to Slovenia - we all just become legitimate targets to those, who opose US of A attempts of neo-colonialism...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

yanchek - little less than 200 soldiers. We are also donating 5,2 million Euros for weapons and equipment for Iraqi Army, 100.000 Euros for education of their officers anf 172.000 Euros for transportation of 77 Hungarian tanks.

And how much goes to the Iraq resistance to help them kill the teroristic illegal occupants from US of A?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hello from Slovenia!

70% of the Slovenian Public Opposes it

thats not true!!! There was a "show" on TV where the politics were fighting about that, and 30.000 Slovenians voted(of 2 milion slovenians). The result: 52% vs. 48% for 'yes to this decision, and the results from this TV show are mostly the same as on elections,...

and some poltiical parties call it Idiotic, without any Moral or Ethical sense and that it puts in danger our soldiers and the security of our country.

Those are former comunist parties which also Opposed the decision about our own contry, those are parties who still want as in Yugoslavia, and those are the parties which were bothering us for last 12 years, but now the times has changed....

Im sorry about my English, i that u understood what i wrote..

P.S.

death to comunism!

mod edit : language

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join