It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
skippy,
It's possible they will bring back some knowledge, or intel, from participating
in Iraq..Which will aid their fellows back in the Balkans..

Thank you Slovienia..

I highly doubt these four boys will be gathering much intel. rather, they will assist in some capacity so Slovenia can say "we helped, now help us"

as I said, we should acknowledge the offer and add Slovenia to our short list of "nice"

Also, it might be noted that lines are being drawn and folks are going to need to pick a team if things aren't resolved quietly in Iran. This might be another means of ensuring you're on the right team when the defecation hits the rotating oscillator.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Also, it might be noted that lines are being drawn and folks are going to need to pick a team if things aren't resolved quietly in Iran. This might be another means of ensuring you're on the right team when the defecation hits the rotating oscillator.

Exactly, I agree 100%

Eorope all got on the same page fast on Iran didnt they? Good point, no suprise at all if that is what thier intentions are.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's nice to know that not all Slovenians are cowardly like soljah would hope for.

It's important to stand up for what is right. Even if you are fighting for others who are in need of help and not worrying about only yourself.

There will also be plenty of knowledge gained by these four men. They are sending these four men over to Iraq because it's believed that they are valuable enough to make a difference. There is no reason why they will not make a difference when they return home as well. Even one person can make a difference in this world. I wish others would believe in these soldiers. It's a shame that even some of their own countrymen don't believe in their being able to make a difference.

It's nice to know that Slovenia isn't going to hide from joining a side because it's a hard choice to make. Sometimes you have to choose sides when it involves making the world a better place.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They are going to aide and train Iraqi Troops, I though an independent Iraq what you wanted Souljah? So what’s the problem?

I for one thank Slovenia for its support.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well, well... So now the "soulja's" from Solvenia are going to train the "Iraqi puppets" into killing more "innocent" gun trotting civilians !!

Well, with the $300 million that Slovenia spends to defend its borders against the dangers from Austria, Italy and Croatia they should be able to spare a few "soulja's" for Iraq.
The number of people they sent is pityfull IMO. 4 people is like saying someone donating half a slice of bread !! Its a mockery !

If I was Slovenian I would feel ashamed that it was only 4 people to represent the whole of Sloveinia. I think they should have sent atleast 15+ people and if they could shouldnt have sent any at all instead of this sham.
Politically I think Slovenia is trying to score some points with the US and the West by merely carring out token service by sending 4 people there. Every nation however small can afford to send atleast 10+ people to contribute even marginally in a region that needs a lot of help like Iraq. I think now the Slovenians can say that they too are an active member of the WOT represented by 10 people in 12 countries.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I highly doubt these four boys will be gathering much intel. rather, they will assist in some capacity so Slovenia can say "we helped, now help us"

Agreed!

Actually there was a certain Talk around this Parts, that Slovenia was always a part of International Force, whos mission is to Train the IDF - and first plans were, that the IDF would be trained in European camps, but that Idea was then abandoned, since that could REALLY cause Terrorists attacks on these European countries that host IDF.

Slovenian Instructors will not be a part of the Coalition Forces in the Warzone and will not be in any Combat.

But still - entire Iraq is a COMBAT zone, and sooner or later they will have to leave the barracks and drive around in a humvee.

BUT, what I find interesting, that NATO never had ANYTHING to do with the Invasion of Iraq, because they never supported the Military Actions of US and UK. So my Questions is this:

Why is NATO Cleaning up behind them?

I guess everybody wants a Piece of Iraqi Pie!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well here we have it. Slovenia in Iraq. I must say I expected for this to happen in near future because we are already training police officers in Jordan and we donated Iraq light infantry weapons, equipement and mortars.

We also have legal grounds (UN resolution 1546) to sent our military instructors there and even new elected goverment of Iraq (with which we have diplomatic relations) formaly asked NATO and Slovenia for help in stabilization of this country.

But I am strongly divided by decision of our government to send our 4 Rambo's there and this are my reasons:

1. Our defense minister is trying to persuade us that this is a mission of peace. Well if this is a mission of peace then our boys should wear blue helmets and UN insignias and not camuflage uniforms and NATO insignias.

2. Some politicians of a slovenian governing coalition are saying that we are just executing our obligation as NATO members. But there are none document existant that oblige us in participating in any kind of mission on Iraqi soil. (personaly I think a politician is something between ameba and a little green stuff I found yesterday under my armpit)

3. There were not any national consensus, no debate in our parliament and our govenment did not ask our National Security Council for oppinion inspite of strong peoples aversion toward war in Iraq.

Oh well, I guess that on this penal colony called Earth yanchek will have to bend over for big Bubba. And I'm always glad when I receive love from my hommies.

But hey, we have to be optimistic. Maybe our Fantastic Four will clean up the mess that Coallition forces made and accomplish what the mighty war machine didn't:

To winn hearts and minds of Iraqi people.

Ps. To my new war buddies.
This doesn't mean we will now hold hands, swap spit and take long showers. See ya on ATS battlefield.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by yanchek]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101 4 people is like saying someone donating half a slice of bread !! Its a mockery !

you give what you can afford.
you give enough to show support

the point isn't the small number of men they are offering, it's the offer.

I forget which nation it was but I recall one nation sending a guy for the initial invasion. one soldier. did he make a difference? nope. however, in this current global climate, where the world is dividing up over who's helping and who's not, that one guy spoke volumes to the administration.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101 4 people is like saying someone donating half a slice of bread !! Its a mockery !

the point isn't the small number of men they are offering, it's the offer.

I forget which nation it was but I recall one nation sending a guy for the initial invasion. one soldier. did he make a difference?

Thats what I am talking about, these nations are getting credit for such lame token support which is rediclulos.
Do you mean to say that the State of Sloveina is so poverty stricken that it can afford only 4 soldiers ? Is it not a deception by slovenia to get credit and be in the good books of NATO and America that such a facade was carried out ? I mean even a police department in my city could commit more people that the whole of Slovenia! I know Slovenia is small but this seems rediculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
IAF, in a time when the world is divided and the anti-us sentiment around the world is being vocalized loud and clear, 4 soldiers from slovenia is a needed show of support. Who this is needed for, besides the administration itself, I don't know but you can be sure there will be a big thank you down the road in the form of low interest loans, debt forgivness, tariff reductions, military aid etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

BUT, what I find interesting, that NATO never had ANYTHING to do with the Invasion of Iraq, because they never supported the Military Actions of US and UK. So my Questions is this:

Souljah, key word here is Invasion, not rebuilding. You may be against the invasion but I fail to see any reason why anyone would object to helping Iraq form a stable Government and Military.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23Souljah, key word here is Invasion, not rebuilding. You may be against the invasion but I fail to see any reason why anyone would object to helping Iraq form a stable Government and Military.

other than the Iraqi's themselves, of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Of course having a stable democratic government and military helps the people in no way whatsoever, right?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
just making light of the fact that the Iraqi's don't seem to want it.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

IAF, in a time when the world is divided and the anti-us sentiment around the world is being vocalized loud and clear, 4 soldiers from slovenia is a needed show of support.

So your saying if a nation contribute 10,000 soldiers or 4 soldiers as in this case it is the same in merit ? IF it was then why would any nation want to contribute more than 10 all 250 countries can contribute 10 guys each and then we may have a truly global participation !
As for the rewards the Slovenians reap I think you are right but that is what i have a problem with, if the numbers are not good enough I think the Colation should not accept instead maybe they should open a fun and let these reluctant members contribute financially or with material instead of this farce.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

just making light of the fact that the Iraqi's don't seem to want it.

The ones who don’t seem to want it are the minority first and foremost, but they are also the ones that enjoyed power under the dictatorship, I would hardly categorize that as “the Iraqi’s don’t seem to want it.”

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
IAF I wasn't saying it was logical or made sense, merely giving the reasoning behind the small numbers.

westpoint, it was a joke. please put your guns away. I've found that I'm often arguing the same points as you when it comes to Iraq.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't have guns, only water pistols

Anyway, it just irks me when a certain group are categorized as the whole country, but no harm done, ok?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I don't have guns, only water pistols

Anyway, it just irks me when a certain group are categorized as the whole country, but no harm done, ok?

no harm at all. I'm always willing to call a truce with a card carrying member of the nwpa (national water pistol association). you are a member right?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Certified! Carry the members card with me at all times

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join