It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I know that this is not Big News on the Global Scale, since we are a small country and our current goverments contribution to Iraq will be just 4 Soldiers-Instructors, but it has Strongly Divided the Slovenian Public today.

RTV Slovenia

The decision to send Slovenian Soldiers to Iraq is not a Change of Foreign Politics, but only an extension of NATO politics of Training the ISF - for they have abandoned ISF training in other countries.

There are Slovenian solders in Afganistan, Kosovo, Bosnia and Hercegovina and Syria. They will be sent to traning center Al Rustamia close to Baghdad.

Slovenian Goverment does not think, that this decision would in any way further ENDANGER our security.

Well, thats one Stupid Decision.

70% of the Slovenian Public Opposes it and some poltiical parties call it Idiotic, without any Moral or Ethical sense and that it puts in danger our soldiers and the security of our country.

There is a big Debate going on right now on online forums, and we are expecting a Press conference somewhere within the Hour.

In my Opinion this is a very bad move by our goverment, which should keep its Neutral role even further, for with sending soldiers to Iraq, we quickly become a name on somebody's Hit list, just like other European countries.

Everybody wants to Get out of Iraq - but We wanna get in.

Yep - that's how our Right orientated Goverment works - Friggin' Lapdogs, thats what they are!

I don't think our Smart Politicans really know what they are getting into. They are just licking the Boots of Senior NATO officials and ofcourse sucking up to the President of the US (maybe he will give us cheaper oil prices then!).

Really Sickening.

STA

NATO Welcomes Slovenia's Decision to Send Troops to Iraq
Slovenia's decision to send four soldiers to Iraq to train Iraqi security forces is "good news", NATO representatives told STA on Thursday

President: Sending Slovenian Troops to Iraq the Right Move
In the current situation the decision to send Slovenian troops to Iraq is the right thing to do, President Janez Drnovsek told the press in Ljubljana on Thursday.

From me they receve BIG Thumbs Down!

[edit on 13/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ill second that

bunch of buttkissers, thats what slovenian politicians are, not to mention that our president is one of the biggest KNOWN weapons smugglers in this part of the world and a neocon at that.

The only "good" thing is they will not participate in military actions, only training. But i belive they are participating in Afganistan already.

ah sad, sad

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
The only "good" thing is they will not participate in military actions, only training. But i belive they are participating in Afganistan already.

Well, you know who are the Target of the Suicide Bomber Attacks?

Iraqi Security Forces.

All I can say to our Boys is GOOD LUCK, for they will need it.

Iraq IS a Warzone - especially if you have a Western Coalition Uniform and are driving around in Humvees.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
oh i am well aware of that

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've read the decision to send officers to Iraq was unanimously taken by the Slovenian cabinet at its session.

I must say that I am surprised, I always thought your government was opposed to sending troops to Iraq.

Since your country is not a member of the U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq and such a decision has always problably an influence the security oft your country and its citizens, one could assume that the citizens widly back the cabinet decision.

What do the Slovenian people on the street think /your local media reports about this decision?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Great news for freedom!

Slovenia should be proud that it will be helping those who need help in Iraq. More and more people in the world are starting to see that the war in Iraq is important to everyone; because a free world is important to everyone.

Go Slovenia!!

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i guess well se in the coming days Riwka, but i belive most people here will not be too happy about it.

PS: a political comic in todays newspaper shows a slovenian soldier carrying a backpack with a big peace sign on his way to Iraq and the next picture shows him in arriving to Iraq, but now the peace sign on his backpack has changed into a target.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by nukunuku]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm curious to know what these Slovenian "instructors" are going to be teaching the Iraqis? I mean, what type of military operations are the ex-Yugoslavians famous for..............

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow, seems like Slovenia is a much better country than one would believe just from knowing you Souljah...

Go Slovenia

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
when small countries offer their support, that should be enough. it is a sign of support and should be acceptable. taking 4 guys is sort of silly in my opinion. taking 4 guys and putting them right into the hottest of hotspots is even more inane.

hopefully they will do their time there without incident and return home as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
I've read the decision to send officers to Iraq was unanimously taken by the Slovenian cabinet at its session.

I must say that I am surprised, I always thought your government was opposed to sending troops to Iraq.

Well, I was Surprised too. Our Goverment Openly said, that they did NOT support the US led Liberation of Iraq, but I guess they changed their mind by sending troops over there. That is not exactly a sign of Opposition, like it is coming from the NATO Countries such as Germany, France and others. We are now like the rest of the Ex-East-European Block countries, such as Poland.

Since your country is not a member of the U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq and such a decision has always problably an influence the security oft your country and its citizens, one could assume that the citizens widly back the cabinet decision.

The Citizens widley OPPOSE the Decision - over 70%!

Originally posted Boatphone
Slovenia should be proud that it will be helping those who need help in Iraq. More and more people in the world are starting to see that the war in Iraq is important to everyone; because a free world is important to everyone.

YaY!
Put us on the Map for Future Terrorist Bombings!

YAY!

It is easy for you to talk about that from the Comfort of your chair, stationed across the Atlantic Ocean. Here on the Doorstep to Balkans, things get a little more Complicated...

Originally posted Pyros
I'm curious to know what these Slovenian "instructors" are going to be teaching the Iraqis? I mean, what type of military operations are the ex-Yugoslavians famous for..............

Sorry to Disspoint you, but Slovenia was never a REAL part of Yugoslav-Civil-War - and we currently have soldiers on Peacekeeping missions in Kosovo, Bosnia, Afganistan, Syria and Jordan - and now also Iraq.

So I guess you can say, we follow Uncle Sam very closely.

Originally posted djohnsto77
Wow, seems like Slovenia is a much better country than one would believe just from knowing you Souljah...

Go Slovenia

You will be Happy to know, that our country is currently being ruled by the Xtreme Right also!

Yay!

You know whats Funny?

Drnovsek Calls for Peace Conference to End Darfur Crisis

"The crisis in Darfur is worsening, therefore I believe an international peace conference needs to be held to put an end to it," President Janez Drnovsek told the press on Thursday as he presented in more detail his recent appeal to stop the humanitarian crisis in this western Sudanese region.

That the Presidents in also Lanuchning for an International Peace Conference about an AFRICAN Crisis in Dafur, where People actually are Dying right now;

Meanwhile other Countries Rather Pursue War with Rouge Nations of so-called Axis of Evil and has been forcing other countries under the Table to join them. They say Jump, you say how High - if you know what I mean.

You're Either With us, or you're with the Terrorists.

You know like France and Germany Backstabbers.

Originally posted Crakeur
ttaking 4 guys and putting them right into the hottest of hotspots is even more inane.

Tell me about it!

Right now everybody is Laughing here, we really do not know the Real Effect of this at the Moment.

LDS Claims Slovenia Becoming Part of Coalition Forces in Iraq

By deciding to send troops to Iraq, Slovenia has formally become a part of the US-led coalition forces in the country, opposition Liberal Democrats (LDS) leader Jelko Kacin told STA on Thursday.

Great.

We are Formally a part of US-led Coalition Forces in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
welcome to the dark side souljah.
now that you are here, please enjoy the unlimited evil prosperity.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Anyhow,
I sincerely hope that they stay safe and are able to return home quickly!
See Souljah, I even support your troops

[edit on 13-1-2006 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
*LMAO* how ironic is this? the guy who most openly denounces the war, his country has joined the coalition.

Well, pass old souljah there a cigar, looks like we are allies now!

"YaY!
Put us on the Map for Future Terrorist Bombings!

YAY!

It is easy for you to talk about that from the Comfort of your chair, stationed across the Atlantic Ocean. Here on the Doorstep to Balkans, things get a little more Complicated... "

seriously though, thats a pretty cowardly statement, your telling me you oppose the war because you fear Islamofacism? none of the other reasons you posted for the last, hell who knows how long?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
welcome to the dark side souljah.
now that you are here, please enjoy the unlimited evil prosperity.

*Unacceptable image removed*

“The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.”

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Slovenian Goverment does not think, that this decision would in any way further ENDANGER our security.

....So its better to stay quiet and not voice against attacks by insurgnets as well as americans?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The situation takes me back to a scene in Full Metal Jacket.

Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Private Joker: Yes, sir.

Some quotes on this link are a little salty

www.imdb.com...

Victory is yours.

Dismissed.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am very proud of Slovenia. They aren't merely a bunch of folks with the runs of the mouth, but have some backbone. They not only wish the best for the Iraqis, but are willing to stand in the line of fire so that the Iraqis will have a better chance of being a free and self-governing people.
I am very proud of them! (Well, most of them
)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"Slovenia to send Troops to Iraq"

This is terrible news indeed, with the growing Balkan area Al Qaeda strongholds I think they would be better used at home.

But at least they are contributing to the war on terror like they should.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
skippy,
It's possible they will bring back some knowledge, or intel, from participating
in Iraq..Which will aid their fellows back in the Balkans..

Thank you Slovienia..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join