It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Weapon Boat on its Way to Gaza Caught

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The Gaza Strip is on its way to becoming a new terrorist capital. A ship full of weapons has been intercepted by the Lebanese army on its way to the Gaza Strip.

www.jpost.com
According to military sources who confirmed the report, the boat was on its way to Gaza from Lebanon and planned to drop off canisters filled with weapons, explosives and rockets off the coast where they were to be collected by Palestinian fishermen.

Government officials speculated that the boat was funded by Iran or Syria and that the weapons were meant to reach either the Hamas or the Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip.

According to Lebanese media reports, the boat - together with four passengers - was caught off the southern port of Tripoli. The boat's point of origin was a dock at Naher Al Bard - a nearby Palestinian refugee camp.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The four Palestinians arrested by the Lebanese Army Saturday in northern Lebanon as they attempt to leave the country in a ferryboat packed with weapons and explosives, confessed they belonged to Asbat al-Ansar, an Islamist armed group considered a branch of El-Qaeda and were planning to carry out military attacks against Israeli targets along the Gaza coast ( hebrew source: maariv )

In 2002, the Karine A ship with 50 tons of advanced weaponry including Katyusha rockets, rifles, mortar shells, mines and a variety of anti-tank missiles, intended for the Palestinian Authority, was captured in the Red Sea by special IDF forces.

According to a Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) report, Palestinians have smuggled three anti-aircraft missiles into Gaza since Israels pullout compared to none before disengagement and close to 200 RPGs and tons of explosives were also smuggled into Gaza on a monthly basis.

Related News Links:
The Daily Star Lebanon: Palestinians planned coastal attack

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arab trained terrorists in Gaza? No!

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I voted yes on this because it just emphasizes the point that giving in to the palestinians, or even compromising with them will not bring peace to the area. It is he same as dealing with a blackmailer - pay them off and they don't leave you alone. They keep coming back for more.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
voted no because i dont trust the source
since it looks biased

any other source reporting this?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Which source do you think looks biased?

• Jerusalem Post (Israeli media)

or

• The Daily Star (Lebanon media) ?

• posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:17 AM
    link   
    Beautiful, simply beautiful and expected. The source isn't CNN or Fox so it is not trusted.
    It seems that both Hebrew and Arabic news sources are provided, how much more fair and balanced can it get?

It seems maybe that the bias views are not the provider....

How about this one: Lebanese army confiscates boat full of weapons (DPA)
    It is my opinion that the concept of members voting in an unbiased manner is not possible.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
    link   
    Gee, it seems this is a non-issue, huh? Why is that? Is it because they are held to a different standard than Israel or the U.S.?
    Maybe it is because there are some people who prefer to ignore this information, and hope that others do the same?
    Maybe when Israel is forced to respond to attacks, some will want to make it appear that the poor little attackers had to fabricate weapons out of sand and spit, or that they are only throwing rocks?
    Sorry, but this is here, and it is record, and it will be brought up on many occasions, as necessary.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
    link   
    The international community really needs to put more pressure on abbas to eradicate these militant groups. Its increasingly obvious that there are elements in palestine that are never going to stop attacking israel, and elements that are willing to work for peace. Abbas can't keep sitting on the fence and saying that he doesn't want to provoke a palestinian civil war, or that all palestinians are united in some way. He has to make a move to stop the attacks.
    The lebanese government also needs to come under similar pressure to route hizbollah and other terrorist elements from their country, and this of course will require some confrontation with the syrian intelligence units that are still there.
    But, for the people interested in international peace, far better to put pressure on abbas and lebanon than to sit hamstrung over too broad a concern over the definition of terrorism and clearly create a situation where those 'crazy cowboys', the americans under the leadership of neo-conservative republicans, will step in.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:33 AM
    link   
    as an outspoken opponent of the WOT y'all may expect me to come down on the opposite side.... but the single biggest political gaffe in my mind in the last twenty years.... was israel letting the Pali's back in. irregardless of your opinion on the balfour decision all they have done by honoring the already negatable sections due to wars they didn't start was weaken their claim. at this point I can't say I pity them but I wonder seriously what stays their hand at this point... as in pure throw weight they are undisputed champs even minus bio weapons.... israel must be either remarkably forebearant or have a shockingly good long game stratetgy in the works,,,, either wayI wouldn't count them out just yet and any that do are fools.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:03 AM
    link   
    I think it's laughable to consider this story biased considering that it appears in numerous media outlets both Israeli and Arabic. But that's ok. Not a shock.

As for the story itself, simply put it goes to show that there are still people around that want to derail the peace process and that's a real shame.

By the way, voting "No-Bias" on a story because you don't like it is an abuse of the voting system.

top topics

join