It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore to deliver scathing speech Monday on 'constitutional crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Gore to deliver scathing speech Monday on 'constitutional crisis' in Washington

Former Vice President Al Gore will deliver a scathing speech Monday at Constitution Hall in Washington -- just blocks from the White House -- at which he will declare America is faced with a constitutional crisis, RAW STORY has learned.

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Day speech is set to take place at noon at the Daughters of the American Revolution's Constitution Hall. Gore will be introduced by onetime Georgia Republican congressman Bob Barr.

A source close to the erstwhile vice president related details of Gore's expected speech to RAW STORY Thursday. The source noted that Gore prepares the final editions of his speeches just before he delivers them, but that the tenor of the speech would focus on what the Tennessee Democrat has described as a President acting above the law.

It will be interesting to hear how he intends to approach the issue. It will also be interesting to see what the public response will be...

Anyone get the sense that Gore may be positioning himself for another run?

Stay tuned...

[edit on 13-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Anyone get the sense that Gore may be positioning himself for another run?

Perhaps, but he's got about as much chance as Kerry...reruns aren't popular in U.S. presidential politics in general, and even less so in the Democratic party than with the Republicans.

It'll be Hillary in 2008 perhaps given a run for her money by some more conservative, popular governor-type for the Dem nomination.

[edit on 1/13/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I promise you bush will win a 3rd election somehow someway. Hes just too evil and too power hungry to give it up. Something will happen, constitution change, nuke attack, alien invasion..who knows but bush wants to stay on top forever.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
I promise you bush will win a 3rd election somehow someway. Hes just too evil and too power hungry to give it up. Something will happen, constitution change, nuke attack, alien invasion..who knows but bush wants to stay on top forever.

I wouldnt doubt that a person with the surname Bush will likely become president in the future. But there is no way it will be this G.W.B. No one would stand for such a thing--blatantly breaking the constitution. You are far too paranoid, you better keep that in check unless you want to drive yourself insane.

- Attero

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Why do you say he is too evil and power hungary? You speak as if you know the man. Which I doubt you know him or have even ever met him at all. I met him once in Charlotte. Very nice man, polite and all of that. Yet you suspect him of being evil, that is madness. These same feelings have come of many presidents in the past and your position holds no ground.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is all very interesting, but where is the conspiracy here?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

You must be joking. What makes you think this??

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
First of all, this belongs in PTS, not ATS as there is no conspiracy in Algore's purported bloviating. Secondly, this blathering nincompoop marginalized himself when he stated that he invented the internet, ergo nothing this man says holds any water. Finally, why does anyone care what this uber minority of a dolt thinks anyway? Does he really even deserve the press that he receives? Probably not! I guess that's why ridiculous websites like "Rawstory" carry this junk!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Some see the watering down of our constitution as a conspiracy to slowly erode the rights of the American citizenry...but...hey...maybe it isn't.

And, AL GORE didn't say he invented the internet. That statement has been spun out of control and used to attack his creditability. When such an obvious attack is launched that makes me want to hear what the person has to say even more. There has to be something there when folk bring up such foolish blather.

Biden in 08, though because, I'm really not loving the Hillary idea as much as I first thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
First of all, this belongs in PTS, not ATS as there is no conspiracy in Algore's purported bloviating.

I don't much care where it is placed. But when a national political figure asserts a 'constitutional crisis' under our noses....I think it's a pretty close call.

new topics

top topics

join