It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Prez Make Spoil System Obvious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Check out the Halaburten Co. and our wonderfull vice's contract for the U.S.
Dick has been a good employee of Halaburten Co. So he decided that they would get the government contract to rebuild Iraq...
I have never seen the spoil system this bad and this obvious. Funny thing is that there was no other Companies were bidding when it came down to who was going to get the contract. How rigged can that be? That is quite a meaty contract...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You miss some obvious issues here in your glee to slag the right.

First of all Dick is not currently an employee of Haliburton.

Two he may never be an employee again.

Three, unless I am unawares he is not a big shareholder and unlikely to personally profit from this (someone correct me here if I am wrong).

and lastly Haliburton is one of the few American companies that can do this job, no in fact one of the few companies in the world.

In the end there is some patronage going on here but it is more legit than what you normally see with politicians out there IMHO.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
how right and wrong can you be at the same time.
No longer an employee, true
Can't make money, false... he still has lots of stock and ties to the company
When this first came out, it was along with the knowledge that he owned lots of interest in grey tape manufacturers also. convienant since the only suggestion from any government source is to "grey tape a room shut" in case of bio or chem weapons attack.
Haliburton company is only one who can do the job. false.
if we are talking about the contract to extinguish oil well fires, haliburton only charged millions to do what average servicemen were already doing.
The army had already put out several fires before haliburton had landed. All of a sudden they didn't want servicemen to extinguish the rest of the fires anymore. then haliburton wouldn't have anything to do.
Yes extinguishing a oil well fire is tough, but ya know what will blow one out. A large explosion. amazing but true. The army is quite talented with such "fire fighting". I remember reading about the contract when they announced that fires had been started at the oil fields. Then the next news report (CNN) said the army was extinguishing them and expected to have the operation completed within the week. Then someone reminded the generals that wasn't there job. Ol' Dick just thinks we are stupid. He has been living among the elite for so long that he forgot the sheeple still had brains.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Also, just a little fuel for the conspiracy fire. Haliburton was doing terrible before the war. It was basically a third rate domestic oil company. They had just layed off a bunch of people in Oklahoma. Everyone who i know that worked there said it was almost out of business. (when you work at a place, you can tell when there is no life left).
Bet they are doing great now.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
How do we know that there isn't a big fat wad of cash in an envelope going in some peoples pockets? Who say that it all has to be from stocks or interests in a company, why not just plain cold hard cash in the form of a payoff oops I menat to say gift.

top topics

join