It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

日本からのよい日そして挨拶 (Good Day and Greetings from Japan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hello to all - I've been browsing and reading some of the interesting forum topics throughout ATS and thought I should make myself known before I start contributing to the discussions.

I like the idea of being able to bring so many ideas, concerns, and personal knowledge to the table and sharing it with others that might not be so in tune with whats goin' on around them.

I'm currently stationed overseas in Japan (hence the subject line). Very beautiful country and deep in culture. My beautiful soon to be fiance' is also a member of ATS and she is the one that got me hooked. Glad she did

Hope to have the opportunity to communicate with you guys in the near future .... Until then !!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Greetings from New York City!!!

Members from Japan seem to be a rarity around here, glad to have you!

Hope you enjoy the site!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
About time baby!
lol
I know you've just got to settling in out there and can now relax and spend some of your free time here with us here on ATS, denying ignorance and all that

Enjoy it love

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you both for your warm greetings. It took a little while due to getting all situated with being in a new country and everything.

It's a very interesting experience full of ups and downs ---> believe me

:bnghd:

[edit on 12-1-2006 by TheDayAfter]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi TheDayAfter,

Welcome to ATS and Japan!

Hope things are going well for you since your move and you enjoy your time in this country as well as on the boards here at ATS

HMITD

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS friend.

Please remember that we only allow English on the board as the staff needs to be able to read everything that's being said here. Thanks ......

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Gotta admit, I'm a lil jealous as I've always loved Japan and wish to travel more abroad.

TheDayAfter
I'm currently stationed overseas in Japan

Stationed huh? Sounds like a military affiliation.

Feel free to keep us updated on any newly declassified tech,
, it's always nice to have an "insider's" point of view.

Well, I look forward to seeing you around and welcome again.

[edit on 1/12/06 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

redmage
Gotta admit, I'm a lil jealous as I've always loved Japan and wish to travel more abroad.

Hmmmmm ... that's only the tip of the iceberg actually. Where do I begin to list the countries I've been to for example:

Iceland
Portugal
Spain
Kenya
Diego Garcia
Korea
Singapore
Thailand
Phillippines
Australia

Guam
India

just to name a few.

Having the opportunity to visit so many countries makes me thankful for what I have. Not all of these countries are structured in ways that would have people flocking to live there if you know what I mean.

Makes me realize how big this world is.

But, yeah living and traveling abroad is exciting.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDayAfter

.....just to name a few.

Quite an impressive list.

So, aside from home, and the "land down under", which would be your next favorite, Japan?

How do you feel your reception has been abroad, more specifically "in uniform", with the current state of the U.S.'s global reputation?

I hope it's been "all well".

[edit on 1/13/06 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

redmage
So, aside from home, and the "land down under", which would be your next favorite, Japan?

How do you feel your reception has been abroad, more specifically "in uniform", with the current state of the U.S.'s global reputation?

Actually I'm still getting use to Japan. It takes awhile because their customs, and beliefs are very delicate. They may get ideas from Western civilization but they are still very much in touch with their past. I think right now my major obstacle is the language barrier which I'm workin' on slowly but surely.

Overall, most of these countries I've visited or lived in the people were very receptive and were for the most part curious. Granted you had a few that wanted to voice their discontent with us being there but for the most part we were accepted. Alot of people respect what we are doing in regards to our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan because they saw Saddam and Bin Laden as very big threats.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by TheDayAfter]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wlecome, TheDayAfter.

hope to see you around the day after THAT too.

Your aussie friend has been instrumental.
In helping a lot of us who may go MENTAL, in our efforts to quit smoking.
If you haven't been reading that thread, you should..!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Greetings

I was in Japan for vacation this summer. I travel a lot but always dreamed of going to Japan for some reason. Not ready to go live there but loved it while I was there. Welcome to ATS, knowledge thrives here.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, BTS, and PTS.

I hope you enjoy all the sweet postings!

--Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
おはようおよび歓迎! 私はあなたのポストに先に見る!
Good Morning, and welcome!
I look forward to your posts!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
WELCOME to ATS Thedayafter!

always GOOD to welcome yet another member to the site! This is a VERY international site, with members from all over the world and all ages!!

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you!

You should click the link in my signature, for this quick read is truly the cool school of ATS posting, and when your in the know, your good to go!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard.......................

coffee machine is down the hall on the left ... but you gotta make it there fast, cause these people are coffee addicts ! :shk:

top topics

join