It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robertson kicked out of Galilee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This has religous and international politics.
I wasn't sure of which forum to put it in.

Pat Robertson said it was God's revenge that struck
Sharon down with a stroke. (The facts that Sharon
was obese and OLD (78) had nothing to do with it.
)
Galilee has decided that Robertson is just 'too much'
and they have kicked him OUT of Galilee.

home.hamptonroads.com...

excerpt

By STEVEN G. VEGH
The Virginian-Pilot
January 12, 2006

Angered by Pat Robertson’s suggestion that God punished Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon with a stroke, Israel has booted the religious broadcaster
from a group of American evangelicals it is working with to establish a
Christian tourism center in Galilee.

“The minister of tourism has decided that the center will go ahead, the
project will go ahead, but it will go ahead with other parties and not Mr.
Robertson,” Jonathan Pulik , a tourism ministry spokesman, said
Wednesday from Jerusalem in a telephone interview.

“It’s surprising when anyone makes such comments, but particularly when
someone of Mr. Robertson’s stature makes them,” Pulik said, adding that
the comments were “unacceptable” to Israel’s tourism minister, Avraham
Hirchson.

More at the site -
home.hamptonroads.com...

[edit on 1/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Pat robertson is my biggest religious challenge...

God says not to judge, but with a fruitloop like Pat, it is hard not to see what God thinks...

Well, If I was a friend of Pat, I wouldn't be standing too close to him during rainstorms...

I am so darn proud of those israelis...

Pat- dont know what to say, except it is time you found jesus... the sooner the better, and long overdue...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Pat Robertson...

He's such a tool. The guy is totally, and quite obviously, off his nut. I don't blame the Israelis at all. "God's special little man' isn't welcome in my house either, and I wouldn't do business with him for any reason.

They made a smart decision I think. Now he'll offer one of his trademarked insincere, half-baked apologies, and nobody will care. The fact that he garners such enormous support from middle America, well..frankly it makes we question the feasibility and good-sense of a participatory Democracy.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Pat Robertson...

He's such a tool. The fact that he garners such enormous support from middle America, well..frankly it makes we question the feasibility and good-sense of a participatory Democracy.

Don't worry, most of his followers can't get a day pass to make it to the polls...
and the other half, can't make it out of bed without help of an RN...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wonder if Robertson is more upset at not being allowed in part of the holy land, or at missing out on the CA$H from the Tourism Venture?

I bet its the cash.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here are some "pearls of wisdom" from Mr. Robertson:

• "Communism was the brain-child of German-Jewish intellectuals."

• "With all due respect to these people (Jews), the all-knowing God does not hear their prayers."

(source)

• Israel was to provide the land and infrastructure for Robertson's project - a Christian Heritage Center in Israel's northern Galilee region ( 35 acres [~14 hectares] near key Christian sites such as Capernaum, the Mount of the Beatitudes [Christian tradition says Jesus delivered the Sermon of the Mount] and Tabgha on the shores of the Sea of Galilee [Christians believe Jesus performed the miracle of the loaves and fish there] for free.

But Israel won't do business with him and those who back Robertsons statements "PM Sharon's massive stroke was divine punishment for Israel's withdrawal from the GazaStrip".

Israels door is still open for such an Christian Heritage Center project - but only those that publicly support Ariel Sharon's recovery are welcome to do business with Israel.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
    I wonder if Robertson is more upset at not being allowed in part of the holy land, or at missing out on the CA$H from the Tourism Venture?

I bet its the cash.
    I read somewhere else that they will let the christians have galilee as long as they are friendly to the jews and don't go along with robertson. If they can do that, they will have no problem allowing them to build a tourist site in galilee.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
    link   
    Hey Pat is a "Holy man" he can not get upset for money, can he?

After all the glory of the project was not about money but doing God's work, Right?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:20 PM
    link   
    update:

Pat Robertson has sent a letter dated January 11th, 2006 and marked for hand delivery to Omri Sharon (one of PM Sharon's sons) apologizing for Sharon stroke comment:

Robertson called Ariel Sharon a "kind, gracious and gentle man" who was "carrying an almost insurmountable burden of making decisions for his nation."

"My concern for the future safety of your nation led me to make remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness," said the letter.

"I ask your forgiveness and the forgiveness of the people of Israel," he wrote.

(Jerusalem Post)

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:37 PM
    link   
    Ok,
    So Pat is either a hothead, that shouldn't be in charge of a crosswalk, much less a large and influential church, or he is a Hypocrite, and waffles on his "god given judgements"

please Oh please lord, do something about Pat... just what that is, I leave to your capable hands...

Or maybe this is all gods work, and he has seen fit to "out" Pat as an ignorant fool...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:43 PM
    link   
    I don't understand why this guy can't just realize that the vast majority of the civilized world wants him to shut his mouth and sit down.

This man demonstrates daily how to be an ignorant fool. How to make stupid comments, how to unfairly judge other people, how to try to establish yourself as an authority over others without basis, and how to decide for the rest of mankind what is good and bad.

I applaud any organization in any country that distances themselves from this fool and kicks him out of whatever group they are.

See, kicking Pat Robertson out of your club is a good way to demonstrate that you're a high class outfit. "We don't associate with such trash".

I'm sure Pat's not crying though, in his next sermon he'll speak about how God will strike down upon those who kick him out of their clubs with a furious vengeance! Maybe cancer for everyone to make Pat smile?

Jerk.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:05 AM
    link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
    They made a smart decision ...

I absolutely agree. VERY smart decision. He can't
    be taken seriously in much of anything - be it religion
    or business. This Galilee enterprise requires
    seriousness in both areas.

Now he'll offer one of his trademarked insincere, half-baked apologies,

Boy did you nail it!! As was posted here, he came out with
    one. Only he and God know if it's sincere, or if he is just
    feeling the pinch of a loss of power/money/position.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    Robertson kicked out of Galilee

Is there any way we can kick this guy off the planet?

I think he is senile, this is the second time in recent months that he has opened mouth and inserted foot...Hmmm maybe his foot should stay there that way he can't utter any sound...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:05 AM
    link   
    www.azstarnet.com...

According to this article, Robertson is being rejected by many
    evangelist christians ... while at the same time he has a small
    hardcore following. People who actually think he is a prophet.

new topics

top topics

join