It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OK I am some what confused
because here I am logging on and there is this huge flashing banner that reads Alert ATS is disinfo and all that jazz. So is this real or not because I really like being a disinfo agent if it is. Whoever posts after me please tell in an abriged form of uh what is going on

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you look at the first page, it will give you everything you need to know...
this isn't so much a "ATS is or isn't cointelpro" thread,
as much as a
People say we are disinfo, but if so, then how/why do we provide such good real info... that is researched and debunked... so as to be solid.
and then list the threads that you see as good researched conspiracy stuff...

And to the administrators...
could we get a cumulative "in case you are wondering, we are not cointelpro" statement so that we can all be satisfied that it isn't some sort of confusion scam...?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't post much here but I read, research and write a lot about 'conspiracy theories' and the alternative media/truth movement.

One thing which strikes me about this site is the lack of support it offers to others within the alt media/truth movement, unless it is directly connected to and benefits this site. A red flag.

Another thing is the level of censorship imposed on its members, and I'm not talking about swearing/abuse/insults. Another red flag.

If we stand back and analyze the site for what it is, we see a business. Great. Nothing wrong with that. Business is business. Does it care about the movement, apart from making money from it? I doubt it.

Maybe ATS isn't in touch with the rest of the movement(s), hence the lack of action/support they offer. Maybe those who run this site have become arrogant.

Granted there is a lot of valuable information here, but remember mixing fact and fiction is a fantastic tactic many shills use.

For what it's worth, it seems many of the major players and groups (real activists) within the alt media movement actually avoid ATS. Again, a red flag.

For ATS to bring this to our attention seems.. pointless. Why focus on this self-indulgent exercise while there are much, much more important issues you should/could be bringing to peoples attention?

Who else in the alt media movement do you see crying about being called names? None of the respected members/groups - because there is a job to do which is far more important than ego or making money.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Who knows what this site is all about, but one thing for sure, it's the place too many people come to for their news. And a 757 didn't hit the pentagon.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am sorry it had to go down this way, but it is now time to move.

Red Pill take station 109b and 110

BAMFGipsie you will make all phone calls

Magestica will be in charge of media

Phil Jayhan will start broadcasting at 9 pm

xkp 325 will run interception

Parakeet Man will keep posting here so under many, many different names so you think everything is alright, maybe Parakeet man has already started and its too late...hmmm

I said good day sir!

-One Man Short

And now for todays coded message:

The pie is all yellow and her feet are still growing
I cant really hear you but The James Quayle Message Board is still going.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Red Flag Waiver

Originally posted by horusthechorus
For what it's worth, it seems many of the major players and groups (real activists) within the alt media movement actually avoid ATS. Again, a red flag.

Speaking of red flags, calling for orthodoxy in a “movement” and making vague, unsubstantiated claims are also Big Red Flags.

The credibility of ATS is being challenged. In the same post you hand-wave about ATS “censorship” then go on to criticize ATS for not “censoring” this very discussion.

How does that make sense?

Your post is at least appropriately titled, because it is indeed fishy.

If you are willing to back up your sweeping generalizations with some facts that can be examined, I'm interested. I'm sure others would be too.

I've also started a podthread for those who want to sound off on this issue vocally in any manner they please: ATS.C: Class In Session. You can even cuss if you want to if you make a podcast and use the “explicit” tag. Written posts to that thread are also welcome.

As a member of ATS you are free to express any opinion you want and present any facts you want within the reasonable limitations of the T&C. You are free to criticize those too, but bear in mind that you've agreed to them by being here.

I know for a fact that many of our fellow members are keenly interested in reasonable criticism of ATS. The staff ain't perfect, the members ain't perfect and the site ain't perfect.

But the key word there is reasonable criticism. That means it has to make sense and have a basis in reality.

Please share your reasons. Cite facts. Show us the truth.

I'm waiting, and I'm listening.

Don't be shy.

OPSECSTAT: OMSoM to STN-9D. CR: King in yellow, queen in red.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
CNN and Fox News are disinformation operations. This is just a place for a bunch a people to bicker and fight about things that most have little understanding of.

HUGE difference.

But if you get the majority of your input from CNN and Fox, well .... Sort of makes you part of the conspiracy, now doesn't it?

Especially if you bicker and fight, and arm yourself with thier(Major News Organizations) Truth, instead of your own.

Funny you left out NBC, and MSNBC, a company owned by another company that gets over 50% of it's revenue from GOVERNMENT Contracts.

Now, who can you trust?

I'll take my chances here on ATS, and their (yours) opinion.

I'm told "IT" roles down hil. Gravity being what gravity is, its easy to determine where "IT origniated from.

-Governemt disinformation agent,
SSgt John P., USAF

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I knew it all alone, ATS is a government controlled side.

What else can they allowed so much political bashing.

The site is run by the NWO directly from offices of the Homeland security.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
AboveTopSecret.com is a professional "COINTELPRO" operation using secret black-operations funding to publish and promote disinformation as part of the U.S. Government's agenda to deflect and discredit conspiracy theorists.

At least, that seems to be the popular rumor that has circulated about us for some time, and has gained some recent traction.

What...what..what ?

I knew it...you guys are just here to just confuse us and to spread disinfo

But anyway this accusation is a hoot
, I mean I've been here a while and I've seen the Admin's and Mods' post conspiracies against the US gov before...

My first impression of this site when I joined was no...not agents, but people just wanting to get at the truth, but it has somewhat changed since then, from getting at the truth to promoting an agenda...

But alas...to some people the truth actually does hurt and they resort to name calling and insults...

Looks like the ire is in the debunking of the no plane/missile hits the pentagon, hence the name calling of the COINTELPRO

But anyway thanks SO I truely got a good belly laugh out of this one

Oh and BTW you disinfo agents that are not getting paid for your services, consult a good lawer, remember the lawsuit against Walmart, you could get some $$$ ?

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
And to the administrators...
could we get a cumulative "in case you are wondering, we are not cointelpro" statement so that we can all be satisfied that it isn't some sort of confusion scam...?

In case you are indeed wondering...

Simon Gray is just a guy who made a cool website about military tech and secret projects because of a personal interest back in 2001.

SkepticOverlord is a long time online community advocate since 1986 with a keen interest in unusual topics... and some experience with programming.

Springer is my HERO and the man I wish I could be... But alas I will never measure up to his altruistc virtue and natural good looks.

And none of us have any desire to be, nor have we been, nor will be be, nor are we now connected in any way shape or form either directly, remotely, indirectly, or through osmosis any organized program by groups within any government to shape opinion, disseminate disinformation, cause confusion, or engage in COINTELPRO of any kind, anytime, anywhere.

Howzat?

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes so US has never truely built Terminator to entry service

In China we says "I have never put my golden under my garden's ground" Who cares?!

[edit on 12-1-2006 by emile]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In The Realm Known as Cyberspace:

If you do something the best. Jealous haters will hate for it is in their nature to hate what they can never become.

And this too shall pass.

*looks at watch ahhh yes 14:59.*

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I imagine that so much attention to this side because of the conflicting articles feature in these boards will only fuel the minds of the people that live by conspiracies.

I don't know if that is good or bad, because it can also attract a few that will do anything to bring this side down.

Perhaps because of Jealousy or just because agendas.

I always wonder if ATS has been under surveillance by any government agency and if the administration has ever been question by them also.

But I guess it will stay in my conspirators mind the answer to that.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I can understand why ATS would take legal action against those who would misappropriate ATS content, but I am surprised that this would create such a stir here. ATS is what it is and it doesn't take very long to hit enough threads to get the drift, even if that drift changes direction from time to time.

I don't know why we should dignify inane allegations with any sort of discussion, at all. Let the lawyers work it out. That's what they get paid for.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gray Zone

Simon Gray is just a guy who made a cool website about military tech and secret projects because of a personal interest back in 2001.

Ahh, but wasn't ATS originally founded in 1997? What accounts for those missing four years? And how do we know his real name isn't “Chris”?

Overlord Skeptic

SkepticOverlord is a long time online community advocate since 1986 with a keen interest in unusual topics... and some experience with programming.

Oh really, and how do we we know this is true, Mr. SkepticOverlord – if that's your real name!

And just who exactly watches over the Overlord?

Silent Springer

Springer is a money-grubbing lunatic with delusions of grandeur who would like nothing more than for ATS to line his pockets with gold.

Ha! An obvious cover story.

Everyone knows that Springer is a modest, church-going teetotaler who gives the pittance he makes shining shoes away to feed starving nuns and orphans.

Tight Slacks

And none of us have any desire to be, nor have we been, nor will be be, nor are we now connected in any way shape or form either directly, remotely, indirectly, or through osmosis any organized program by groups within any government to shape opinion, disseminate disinformation, cause confusion, or engage in COINTELPRO of any kind, anytime, anywhere.

Nice weasel words. You could drive a Mack truck through the loopholes in that statement.

(Um yes, this could be considered satire, or perhaps even a derivative work, But hey, somebody's gotta do it.)

(Also, I don't offer my questions as substitutes (or “red herrings”) for other, less frivolous questions. And I really am always curious about the early days of ATS.)

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah, but look at all the fun they're missing.

[edit on 2006/1/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

AboveTopSecret.com is a professional "COINTELPRO" operation using secret black-operations funding to publish and promote disinformation as part of the U.S. Government's agenda to deflect and discredit conspiracy theorists.

NO it isn't.

...heh, that'll fix 'em

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

One thing which strikes me about this site is the lack of support it offers to others within the alt media/truth movement,

Uh... please elaborate. I can't find any reference to that usnet group.

Another thing is the level of censorship imposed on its members

There is no censorship on ideas, but we do moderate attitude. If you present your ideas with a belligerent attitude, we will take action against that attitude. Some less mature members often confuse that with censorship.

Does it care about the movement, apart from making money from it?

Where's my check? If you review the history of this site, there is a verifiable pattern of continued proactive investment in the services and support needed to encourage and maintain growth. At some point in the future, our efforts may result in some profit that matters, but for now, it isn't (and we have give profits to charity).

Maybe ATS isn't in touch with the rest of the movement(s), hence the lack of action/support they offer.

Help me understand the "movement" you're referring to. Overall, we've always made it clear that we will rarely, if ever, take an official stand of any type. We desire to facilitate an objective environment where an exchange of all ideas are encouraged. Supporting causes and movements would breakdown that objective environment.

For what it's worth, it seems many of the major players and groups (real activists) within the alt media movement actually avoid ATS. Again, a red flag

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet.
There are roughly 1.5 million people per month that to find us and learn more here. If our "kinder gentler" environment helps people to transition from unawares to questioning what is going on around them, how could that be bad. Not every community is for everyone, and I'm sure alt.media.truth is service the members of theirs.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well this is a peculiar thread.
People will either believe that ATS is a Disinfo site.... or they won’t, simple as.
There will always be people in the conspiracy community who will see shadowy goings on where there are none.
Sometimes I think the Mods actions seem a bit strange, but hey I study conspiracies and im a bit paranoid

I don’t think this site is government run or that the mods and admin are spooks.
In my experience SO, Springer and Simon have been honest and upfront with the membership here and all have worked very hard to make this site what it is now, hell even the political sniping has calmed down ( something I thought would be impossible )
That’s not to say they haven’t had offers tho eh? But I feel comfortable that they have enough integrity and honesty to turn down any offers to sell the site down the river.
I’m not and probably will never be a major player on this site but SO and the rest of the Amigos will have my support and confidence until they give me a reason not to, and I can’t see that being any time soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Those envious who would criticize us, conveniently avoid some of our most stellar contributions to the collective knowledge base on our topics:

A focus on the foreign share-holder aspects of our financial building blocks and the role they play in our stability
Who Really Owns the USA?

SkepticOverlord,
It's an honor to have a thread of mine on that list.
I guess that means I'm in on it, eh?

Since I've been accused by some around here of pushing an agenda, I'll just come straight out and say it: My agenda here is to find the truth - wherever it leads.

There's nothing more important than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join