It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
if this sight was designed as a cointelpro government intelligence forum it has actually worked to help others who can read between the lines put together conspiracy facts for themselves.

the only thing i wonder is if ATS just promoted certain Moderators who had certain characateristics that they were looking for, such as people who are overly skeptical, and always official facts only, and then they would not have to have disinfo agents all over the place, (only when some real secrets that weren't already de-classified) were being uncovered, because the moderators being overly skeptical would use there 100,000 points (which is authority enough) or the "subject matter expert) tag to persuade those contemplating the thread and eventually curb the enthusiasm.

the other thing is the double meaning of the board's motto "deny ignorance" which seems to imply deny ignorance refuse to admit you are ignorant

something that resembles Albert pike's views on deception

but either way, i guess if you think the truth movement is gonna be growing in the u.s and europe, if you can't ban speech, at least you should own the forum and direct the information.

either way great job, you give me somewhere to post, have some intelligent interaction, as well as learn, and at least raise people's awareness

thank you for creating such a forum where criticisim is allowed

you guys are great

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Everywhere I go someone is accusing a website of being "Cointelpro". My god, is everyone in with the US Government.?
It gets very old to hear this repeated over and over again.
I am sure the Uncle Sam keeps his eyes on these websites, that is what they pay certain people to do.
We can still have fun and share thoughts and not let the G-Men ruin everything.
Television sucks. This is way better.
I agree with Mr. Site Owner, Sir, you have a top notch website. Lets share ideas and keep open minds.
Or, we could turn on FOX news and vomit as we watch Bill O'Rielly.
Mr. Orielly should change his last name to Mr. Rude Dininfo.
How about Shawn Hannity, is that guy too much.?
Folks, that is what is known as "rude television". Fox News.
Its HORRIBLE.
They have to put women in mini skirts to get any kind of audience.
I saw one this morning, she was dressed like a 1960's go-go dancer and she is a morning anchor with blonde hair.
These Women would strip nude to get somebody to watch the FOX channel.
It is fun to look at, and pathetic.
So, this is a good thing, this website.
Thank you to whoever for putting this website up.
Its great.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

i have to say look at your face...is it yours? looks menacing from my angle & readers remember that "EVERYONE IS A COP UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE" !!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by malpaso

ive said before, likely in this thread, that if ATS is disinfo then WE the MEMBERS are the disinfo agents because while the admins set policy and mods enforce policy it is US the members that contribute the content.

of all of the posts made in a day just how many are from the amigo's/mods?

no, if ats is/was cointelpro its we the members that are the agents here.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Of course Abovetopsecret.com is part of a disinformation campaign. Any website

that is as big as ATS is only here on the web because it is permitted to be here from

the guys at the top. Although I will say this, every now and then I do find little nuggets

of gold on this site. In the long run though I think this website does more harm than good

in considering what seem to be the most popular subjects, such as aliens and reptilians.

Aliens and reptilians are are popular subjects because there is a real aura of mystery

surrounding them, also the fact that there is no evidence of there existence. The sad

truth is reality is stranger than fiction and if you start delving into it you will be amazed at

what you find.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how many people say that ATS does more harm than good, and how it's a gov't site, but yet they are still here when all is said and done. If it's such a bad place, or run by the gov't then why hang around?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You know that scene in "The Princess Bride" where Vasily(sp?) is "using his superior mind" to outwit the masked man... "Did you put the deadly Lidocaine in MY cup...or YOUR cup??!"

That's how I feel when I read things like this. At least it's entertaining, even if it IS disinfo. And how am I supposed to be able to tell if it is, or isn't?

At least NOW I know what 'disinfo' and 'COINTELPRO' are.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Because I am kinda new here, I am really only aware of the most recent controversies on ATS. My first hint that something may be a miss was the Secret Societies forum. IMO is was badly managed and overrun by gang mentality postings. I have watched as Skeptic Overlord first pointed out the problem, then warned, then took action by assigning more Mod's and little tolerance of violators. Though only recently implemented, the forum is already obviously improving!

My second hint was the John Lear controversy. Though I am unsatisfied with the end result, ATS had to do what they felt was best for the site. A tough decision no doubt... but one that had to be made nonetheless. That's what a leader does... he/she makes the tough decisions, then tries to make them as painless as possible. I still do not like the decision, but I respect and admire the leadership that has been shown.

I started to look into the DISINFO threads... and honestly, only a minor amount of research on each claim returns negative results, or that the claim was untrue to begin with. The whole Simon Gray/Lincoln Group was so easy to debunk, I'm amazed it has gotten the mileage it has.

If I see anything possibly wrong at all with the management of this site, it is that they sometimes are too quick and too severe in their concern to protect their creation... and who can blame them for that? As a parent I can tell you that there is nothing that gets my attention quicker and will provoke a quick stern response from me, than when someone messes with one of my kids! lol If I take that attitude and apply it to the 3 Amigos and their desire to protect and help ATS grow... I understand more where they are coming from.

So basically, based on my own research... I DO NOT believe that ATS is "knowingly" a Gov. Patsy or DISINFO site.

Just my .02

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I will not go so far as to claim that this site has been bought out by the government (although that is my belief). I will only say that if these conspiracy theories are true, then government agents will post obvious BS on here to turn off newbies. So, be careful not to post in stupid topics just to state that you disagree, as this will increase chances that that particular topic will end up on the main page.
Another thing that government agents might try to do would be to make posts that simply cloud the issue. For instance, when I first visited this site, the first thing I saw was Something about the "Anti-Conspiracy Theory", which is the theory that the Illuminati are our friends, and that the New World Order will be a utopia, so it's perfectly safe to let your guard down, even for a second. I'm not suggesting that you leave the site and never return, but just that you take whatever you read here with a grain of salt.
And, no, I am not a government agent, and if anyone says otherwise, we have a nice cell for you in Guantanamo Bay.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorminay

Welcome to ATS, Dorminay.
Glad to have you onboard.

Conspiracies, you say? Yeah. They abound here. Odd, that.

If ever a question or concern please don't hesitate to ask.

Also:
Would you mind checking the gun and badge at the door?

You? You'll fit right in.

*teasing*

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by curme

Amen mia companjero! Fight on against mass fallacy!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
that is a very neat thing to think about but i didnt completely understand it

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I can neither prove nor disprove Government affiliations of this website, so I will not speculate as to the level of involvement, and or cooperation, and or selling out to the intelligence communities.

I will say this however, I know who to watch, when to watch them, and why to watch them.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It' difficult to know what to believe.
There are far more articles/threads/posts out there saying that ATS is a disinfo/cointelpro operation, than saying good things.

They can't all be banned, disgruntled ex members?
I mean it would make sense(for ats to be disinfo), but the level of conspiracies almost becomes paradoxical!!!

The main rebuttal has to be the user-generated content, but we don't know every member is who they say they are, or that it isn't ATS staff or paid disinfo peeps behind the scenes writing alot of this stuff?

I wouldn't be here if i truly believed this, but i think we should all be on our toes a little more, and research into this yourselves.
You'll be suprised at how much info is out there.

[edit on 23/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
They can't all be banned, disgruntled ex members?

Unfortunately, in about 98% of the cases, that is indeed the situation. And a good percentage of those are simply people for whom ATS is "not a good fit" -- they were unable to understand/tolerate the environment of expected decorum we're attempting to maintain.

One known case of a person "flying off the handle" is a befuddling misunderstanding when we simply asked them to follow our content usage guidelines (link to us and give credit when you use the material of our members)... in fact, most of the core material out there has been inspired by this event, combined with interpreting a clearly labeled April Fools' joke (on April first) as factual.

There are many ways to "take action" if these people believe ATS is something other that what we represent. As a registered LLC, the U.S. SEC would certainly want to know about any fraud related to our business. As a U.S. operated website, any and every state Attorney General would want to know about privacy policy violations. As a member of the Internet Advertising Bureau, that group would want to know about any fraudulent or improper/unethical advertising techniques (and privacy violations). So far, to the best of our knowledge, no one has taken any such logical and appropriate steps if they truly believe there are problems at ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good points, well made there.
As i said it's just difficult to know what to believe as there are always two sides to every story.

I don't think if there is anything of that nature going on at ATS,You guys are "in on it" or anything sinister as some have seemed to suggest, but to rule out the possibility of any "agents or alike" being on here or putting out known dis-info, altogether, seems rather strange.

Not saying you have said that, just saying in the general sense.
I think the concerns that many have raised are quite valid, although it's extremely difficult to prove these claims.

I think it's best (in the kind of stuff we're dealing in) to err on the side of caution

Thanks,

Blup

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are so many agents here in this site disguised as a typical theorist, it's unbelievable

All they do is discredit/debunk every legit piece of evidence that's been posted here

No one should post any legit evidence here

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
There are so many agents here in this site disguised as a typical theorist, it's unbelievable

All they do is discredit/debunk every legit piece of evidence that's been posted here

No one should post any legit evidence here.

This is just silly. Legit evidence being WHAT in your opinion? Some of us just like to see all sides to the issue and when we do, we are accused of trying to destroy credible evidence. What makes evidence credible to some doesn't necessarily make it credible to all.

If someone REALLY has legit evidence of something, by all means, post it. Are you so scared of "evil" men that you would hide the truth from ppl?

There is a difference between subjective and objective proof though. You can push your subjective view on ppl all day long, but they would be foolish if they bought into it simply based on your word; and just because they don't buy into doesn't make them a gov't agent, lizard ppl, or evil. Makes them intelligent!!

Objective proof for some of the topics here is a rare thing. In fact, I have yet to come across anything that would prove to me 100% that, say UFO's are here, although it is not something I necessarily doubt completely either.

Summary: Your statement was silly and sounds more like a gov't agent than anyone else's.
(And I don't give a crap if you are or aren't.....)

[edit on 31-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've always had this thought of ATS/COINTELPRO: what if it is?

That meaning, it's like the news, one person says "dont' believe that news outlet", another says the same about another and so on and so on. What I do is take ALL the news offered, and piece together what "I believe" to be the most credible of a particular story.

For all I know, SkepticOverlord is the head of British Intelligence (excuse me if you are not UK, SO, it's been a while), Springer the CIA Chief, Simon could be G.Bush having a laugh, and so on. Does that mean that ALL the info at this site is bunk if ATS is COINTELPRO? I just don't think so.

It's up to the user to digest and filter.

And with all that said, there are probably readers now thinking that I TOO am a super classified top secret double triple agent sleuth trying to debunk COINTELPRO debunking counter-agents with bogus credibal dis-info info .............. oh gawd my head hurts now!!

Peace,

Misfit

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join