It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Here is a bit of irony Skeptic, the link you posted for COINTELPRO at Wilkipedia has already been infiltrated with the disinformation of the person that is defaming ATS.

According to the IP recorded by Wiki, member tex_604 made the change as he's on the same subnet.

He may not have, but I dislike coincidences.

I removed it.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Glad you able to get to the bottom of it!

- One Man Short

PS I really do love this place!

[edit on 12-1-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok, now I am getting REALLY pissed!

I have heard these rumors for several years, now, but figured that they cannot be at all true as I have been around the board for a good long while. They made me a mod fairly quickly, and it seems it was no time bewfore I was made an administrator for the board.

Now, here is where I am mad. If this board is a government operation, then I should be getting a government salary and have a retirement building, as well as I should have some really kick-butt government health insurance!

I want my shop steward and I want him right the Hell NOW!!!

Seriously, let's think about this. As this board is member driven, that means that every darned one of you are government agents. Gee, the conspiracy deepens!

Trust no one; not even yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey Skeptic,

Do you think Tex_604 really did it...or someone is settign this member up?

Hmmmm...it's getting a bit twisted now.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So Thomas...if I were a goverment INTEL / OP and posted too much REAL information on this site would I have to arrest myself?

Or if I told myself too much NEED to know stuff, would I have to off myself?

You know, I really used to trust me...man...this sucks.

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Why is this incident being handled in an open ATS public manner when every other issue is handled behind closed doors.

Attributes of the copyright issues were discussed in the open by myself and other staff, while members speculate on the possible legal action. Staff will not comment on our direction in dealing with this.

Something as simple as a member banning is forever a non-subject, and don't ask where the member went, or you may get it too.
Unwanted threads are locked away in the trash bin, never a word is mentioned of them.

These are local events, not having any external influence on ATS. There have been very public banning events where we disclosed the reasons... is there someone specific you have a question about?

A huge Television contract is upcoming and we are not even told which network it is on.

Becasue we cannot say until all paperwork is complete and actual filming begins... this is standard.

Yet, some crack pot says ATS is a goverment site , and we the general population of ATS is told everything except the name of the lawyer representing ATS in legal action.

We're not going to comment on anything that is related to the potential of any legal action.

However, there appears to be an effort to "Google Bomb" ATS related to the "COINTELPRO" term (as we've seen by the Wiki entry as an example), and some of the accusatory content. With over 1 million unique pages of material, we can counter that better than anyone. We will never engage in anything that purposefully slings derogatory arrows in the direction of another site (we'd be devastating)... outside of singular posts that are based on research of course.

Our kung-fu is strong.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Skeptic...thanks for responding to my post, I actually took that post down because after I read it, it sounded like I was not in the corner of ATS.

After I read it I thought I played advocate too well and didn't want to come off as a INTEL / stooge.

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Becasue we cannot say until all paperwork is complete and actual filming begins... this is standard.

I was actually a writer / tech consultant on the the first (and a few others)episode of NOWHERE MAN (1995) on UPN (episode Absolute Zero)

And UPN was running advertisments a full month before we even had Bruce Greenwood under contract, or before half the writers even knew they were going to be writing for the show.

Sorry, I thought every network was run this way.

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

After I read it I thought I played advocate too well and didn't want to come off as a INTEL / stooge.

Almost blew your cover?

I'd guess I probably appreciate this site nearly as much as any member, and hope Admin goes to whatever lengths necessary to maintain its integrity. The whole situation is very unfortunate. I can't help but having a mental picture of Dr Evil sitting in a secret lair somewhere wringing his hands, "Bwahahahah we've got them fighting each other!!!"

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The 'whether or not ATS is a CointelPro operation' is irrelevant.

Think about it this way....

We have here a collection of people who go out of their way to collect information and present it, along with their own impressions. Many threads have the benefit of logical, critical analysis that is completely lacking in any other news media. We're interactive here.....

Seriously......disinformation is just there to distract you. If you know what you're looking for, noone can dissuade you from that.

This thread was created to highlight excellent examples of ATS collaboration.....let's not get distracted and turn it into another speculative excercise on the motivations of a website that is in actuality a composite of each and every one of us.........

right on, man.

here's three countercointelpro techniques for defeating the delphi technique

from external source-american holistic health association

There are ways to diffuse the technique when you see it being used by Delphi "facilitators". Lynn Sunter gives the following three simple steps.

1.Always be charming, courteous, and pleasant. Smile. Moderate your voice so as not to come across as belligerent or aggressive.

2.Stay focused. If possible, jot down your thoughts or questions. When facilitators are asked questions they don't want to answer, they often digress from the issue that was raised and try instead to put the questioner on the defensive. Do not fall for this tactic. Courteously bring the facilitator back to your original question. If he rephrases it so that it becomes an accusatory statement (a popular tactic), simply say, "That is not what I asked. What I asked was..." and repeat your question.

3.persistent. If putting you on the defensive doesn't work, facilitators often resort to long monologues that drag on for several minutes. During that time, the group usually forgets the question that was asked, which is the intent. Let the facilitator finish. Then with polite persistence state: "But you didn't answer my question. My question was..." and repeat your question.

of course, that is for a live group of people in a meeting situation, but i think it translates nicely to the web, personally.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What Thomas Crowne is saying is correct, it is virtually impossible for the forum portion of ATS to be government driven because this is a member powered site. That would mean that EVERYONE(all 3000-4000 something odd members) would have to be under a government payroll for purposely misleading the internet public, and if so, where's our money?

So that right that disproves any insignificant people that make such accusations against the institution OF Abovetopsecret.com.

I have been here for over 2 years and I have enjoyed all of my time here, I have picked up and learned alot that I would normally not have learned if I have never joined ATS. Now, in my honest opinion, ATS can't be a COINTELPRO organization.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Although I am not sure of the purpose of this thread, I have made many posts on this topic confirming ATS is in the pockets of the evil FBI. Here are some of them with real graphical evidence.

In this thread, is this exclusive pic of the Trash can...

In this thread are exclusive pics of the ATS RATS forum with unrefutable evidence!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lol Netchicken, that cracked me up

Seriously though, anyone who thinks this place is COINTELPRO, has to have a screw loose.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Great thread that resurfaces from time to time:

First posted back on 6/14/04 Its one of the first threads looked at here on ATS:

U.S. Concentration Camps

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I do wonder at the administrations decision to have a thread with this headline...

GOOGLE will forever taint us now....

I guess you were ready to go from ""rumors and speculation"
to all out "is it a conspiracy or not?" talk...

I understand spin, and I understand sometimes battles are best fought head on... but was this such a case?

Address it... discuss it... but to have a trick headline, that can later be veiwed by the paranoids as required disclosure for use in later entrapment is dangerous...

Maybe a little "beat yourselves up, so that others dont" action is required now to prevent such a backlash...

With Bushes latest announcement that critics of the War will be punished, and his annoyance law going into effect, ATS'ers warning system is on full alert as it is...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I do wonder at the administrations decision to have a thread with this headline...
GOOGLE will forever taint us now....

Google has been, and always will be, very good to us. With over 1 million unique content pages, and growing, we will always be the best place for our members to post their thoughts if they want them noticed.

I understand spin, and I understand sometimes battles are best fought head on... but was this such a case?

In my mind, this is not so much a "battle" as it is a defense mechanism... "shields on full" if you will.

but to have a trick headline

The tactic of a Google Bomb is all about tricks and deception. A typical case would be to populate as many blogs and sites as you can with text links and descriptive linking to a site using a certain word. So if I am able to create hundreds of links to your site using the word "fool", sooner or later a Google search on "fool" will link to your site. Search engines consider the text of a link to describe the page being linked to.

In this case, it appears as though certain derogatory terms are being used to "Google Bomb" our site. Since we will never engage in a counter attack of any type, we're simply developing our own page that is highly likely to appear above any of these malicious pages in a Google or Yahoo search.

ATS'ers warning system is on full alert as it is...

They should be on alert all the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So now ATS is being Google bombed?

If these losers put half the effort into developing unique content for their own site(s) as they're spending ripping off/defaming this one, they'd have a hell of a thing going....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Another recent one dealing with the disturbing revelations that the NSA is spying in the US:

Bush Allowed NSA to Spy on U.S. International Calls

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There was a funny thing. The day after I statred to post on this site my boss showed up in my office and said don't lose your nice job over some dumb site
Then it hit me
I just said "What" ??
I am just a mushroom here! You just keep Me in the dark and feed me BS, what could I know

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So now ATS is being Google bombed?

If these losers put half the effort into developing unique content for their own site(s) as they're spending ripping off/defaming this one, they'd have a hell of a thing going....

Well that the deal IMHO.

Why spend the time to develop a forum of superior quality (all that effort and time) when you can rip off one already established. No other conspiracy site comes close to ATS in terms of topics, interests etc.

But here IMO is the biggest facet that other sites are simply unable to duplicate: The quality of the discussions and the debates that go on here. If I want unfounded speculation or ooohing and aweing over grandiose statements ATS is not the place. If you want unique content and rigorous intellegtual debate ATS is the place. This is what attracted most of us in the first place and this is what keeps most of us here and comming back for more.

The members of ATS simply have set a higher bar, a higher standard for discussion of these issues and topics. THAT you cannot duplicate even if you pirate all of the material here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join