It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret.com is a professional "COINTELPRO" operation using secret black-operations funding to publish and promote disinformation as part of the U.S. Government's agenda to deflect and discredit conspiracy theorists.

At least, that seems to be the popular rumor that has circulated about us for some time, and has gained some recent traction.

These "AboveTopSecret.com COINTELPRO" rumors tend to center around only one piece of content, CatHerder's analysis of the 757 at the Pentagon: A Boeing 757 Struck the Pentagon. His post has evolved into our most popular piece of content, and very often is at the center of debate on this issue on conspiracy theory websites across the web.

Because that one post debunks a popular conspiracy theory, the knee-jerk reaction of many is that "AboveTopSecret.com must be COINTELPRO!"

The real issue here is the truth, and finding a path that leads us to it. No one ever discovers any truths by sticking to one side of an issue. Through a thoughtful, balanced, and sometimes critical analysis of "conspiracy theory" topics, we hope to be able to toss aside that which is not a conspiracy, so that energies can be spent on that which is.

However, it's generally more fun to criticize and create wild rumors. It takes less imagination to jump on a bandwagon and say "me too" than it does to actually contribute something. Tossing around words like COINTELPRO, disinformation, government agents, shill, and the like can indeed provide hours of entertainment for those who envy what we've accomplished.

Those envious who would criticize us, conveniently avoid some of our most stellar contributions to the collective knowledge base on our topics:

The script for the government's plan to attack the World Trade Center and Pentagon was writtin by the Joints Chief of Staff back in 1962:
Project Northwoods. America's plan to attack America.

A discussion/argument on the Pentagon impact being a missile of some sort or an airplane:
9/11: A Boeing 757 Struck the Pentagon

A discussion on how the Diebold voting machines have helped to lock up the Republican vote in Ohio:
The Diebold Factor

First-hand experience of FEMA "detainment camp" tactics:
I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

Recorded government conversations revealing an assassination conspiracy:
11/29/63 Conversation Between Johnson & Hoover (JFK Assassination)

A new analysis of the film showing the Kennedy assassination:
An Analysis of the Zapruder Film

A difficult but engrossing analysis of details and clues found in the Nick Berg beheading video:
English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

William One Sac started this thread to discuss the possibility that Nich Berg wasn't really executed by Insurgents:
Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

Your DNA will be required to obtain a job in Australia:
Give DNA or no job; A.F.P.

The third ATS research project is going to dig deep into the shadows of the world's past and discover the truth behind the Omega Agency.
The Omega Agency Research Project

A focus on the foreign share-holder aspects of our financial building blocks and the role they play in our stability
Who Really Owns the USA?

Is it justifiable to continually punish and blame the children of today when we are a direct influence on there actions – Why does there appear to be so much focus on the children and not on the parents?
A Conspiracy Against Children: Exactly who is out of control?

Examining the issues related to a planned demolition of the World Trade Center:
Bombs in the Building: World Trade Center 'Conspiracy Theory' is a Conspiracy Fact
Physics Prof Says Explosives, Not Fires Brought Down WTC Towers

Irregularities and fraud in the 2004 U.S. election:
2004 U.S. Election Results Overview & Discussion

Gazrok's Roswell Series:
The Case for Roswell: Part I.
The Case for Roswell: Part II
The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section A)
The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section B)

One of our highest-viewed threads is scathingly critical of the U.N.
U.N. Oil For Food Scandal Grows. Possibly the Largest in Human History.

Use this thread to post more of your favorite "hard core" conspiracy theory threads from AboveTopSecret.com.

To all of our members, thanking for helping to build the best resource on the Internet for these topics... not to mention, the best damn online community of any topic.

(more links added)

[edit on 12-1-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would humbly submit a thread that I started up a few months ago.
To Arms! To Arms A Call for all Americans! Time to overthrow the Goverment!
An analysis of how the Legislative as well as the Judicial arms of our goverment are no longer for the people of the US but is a goverment for the powerful by the powerful.
It is also a reminder to the US citizen that our Constituion calls for citizens to throw off such goverments and to replace it with one that does protect the citizen.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here are a few of mine:
ATS: Project Northwoods. America's plan to attack America.
What is the City of London? and;
ATS: Catholic Church Challenged to Prove Jesus's Existence

I think that those are some quality threads, which make for an interesting discussion especailly the second one.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
With the preface of "the only non-semitic related disscussion of who was behind 9-11 (there are many threads that are worthless, due to obvious anti semite statments, but not this one)

The headline is somewhat misleading though, as it is a theory of the powerplayers, many of whom weren't israeli/jewish, but some were.
evidence that Israel was behind 9-11

a very good and honest discussion that dispenses with the obvious hoaxs, and focuses on some true "coincidences" that need answers.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
NASA Is Not Altering Mars Colors. - Putting to rest the idea that NASA is altering Mars images.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!
Fierce debate and much proof that the USA did, in fact, send men to the Moon.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Too bad we can't link to lilblam's work in RATS about the connectivity of various corporations. Remember, the thread where thelibra eventually insinuated he/she was threatened in some way and made the mysterious statement along the lines of "I won't be looking into this issue anymore." But then wouldn't tell any of us what happened or why he/she was dropping the research?

Maybe we should bring that one out of RATS!

P.S. the reason i think you should bring it out of RATS is it is a fine example of how the members of this board were trying to encourage research work but thelibra refused to continue. the impetus to stop came from OUTSIDE this board. Maybe thelibra will now tells us the truth.

EDIT: Corrected member name with help from MemoryShock.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Got it for you Val.....took me a second to realize that you weren't talking about liliblam....rather thelibra, who by the way has decided to let go of his participation in this thread for valid reasons...assumedly.

The link works for me.....I say if people really want to see it, they should pay the points for it......it is RATS worthy material and should stay in RATS....

Hard Evidence: Tip of the Pyramid, Gov. Contrator Conspiracies
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a good one.....A basic principle. Follow the money and highlight what it does.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here here. Above Top Secret is the best discussion site Ive come across yet. Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've known this for a long time, but what no one realizes is that me, and other members like me, are taking down the system from within! We post on these government servers, all the time sowing the seeds of discontent. Discontent for the falsehoods that governments promote! My only hope is that the CIA IT guys at Langely will read one of my posts, and wake up! Start the revolution! If I can only reach one of you guys, I will feel my mission is complete. This ATS that you created will be your undoing! It has grown out of government control! People are really starting to 'Deny Ignorance'!

Oh the irony! A site created for disinformation, has become a site that promotes enlightenment!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
AboveTopSecret.com is a professional "COINTELPRO" operation using secret black-operations funding to publish and promote disinformation as part of the U.S. Government's agenda to deflect and discredit conspiracy theorists.

At least, that seems to be the popular rumor that has circulated about us for some time, and has gained some recent traction.

We would be lying to ourselves if we were to believe some were not here as observers, and some as obstructors, and still others as .. .

Teachers/students

I'm convinced some are here trying to derail certain ventures into our quest for truth. I'm convinced if we want the truth bad enough, we can overcome the obsticles they through in our path.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How much does COINTELPRO Disinformation Agent pay, and how come I haven't seen a paycheck yet?
Even if I disagree with a lot posted here, this is the best site I've seen yet, and I've had a great time discussing and debating here.

[edit on 1/12/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Exhibit "A-Z"

Please allow me to submit the entire freakin' War on Terrorism forum.

That's right, all 10,411+ threads.

Anyone who even so much as casually browses through that forum and concludes that ATS is somehow a U.S. government front either needs glasses or reading lessons.

While I credit U.S. information warriors with being quite devious -- I suspect that much "anti-U.S." propaganda actually originates form the U.S. government, for example -- I am incapable of imagining how the all-out free-for-all in the War on Terrorism forum could be rationally associated with any form of COINTELPRO operation.

Then again, the critics of ATS have been quite creative, and I'm sure they'll find a way.

And the ironic part: I'm actually curious about that -- to a point.

I must admit that in a certain blog related to this whole drama-fest I have found someone who's more than a match for me in terms of shear volume.

I pray that the critics of ATS will find more concise and credible ways to promote their theories.

P.S. And yes, I think it's wise to assume that there are possibly agents of certain governments pushing agendas on ATS. I suspect, however that they are *not* who we would suspect. Let's assume they aren't stupid, and be mindful of those who would seek to manipulate us.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Got it for you Val.....took me a second to realize that you weren't talking about liliblam....rather thelibra, who by the way has decided to let go of his participation in this thread for valid reasons...assumedly.

The link works for me.....I say if people really want to see it, they should pay the points for it......it is RATS worthy material and should stay in RATS....

Hard Evidence: Tip of the Pyramid, Gov. Contrator Conspiracies
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a good one.....A basic principle. Follow the money and highlight what it does.

THANK YOU! Both for finding the link as well as correcting me on the member it was. I really enjoyed that thread. And you are right also, that members who would like to see some fine research and encouragement from the member body should pay for a month's access (I think it is 250 points to get access) to RATS and view that thread.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
CNN and Fox News are disinformation operations. This is just a place for a bunch a people to bicker and fight about things that most have little understanding of.

HUGE difference.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
CNN and Fox News are disinformation operations. This is just a place for a bunch a people to bicker and fight about things that most have little understanding of.

HUGE difference.

Wait a minute the bicker and fight statement is a HUGE difference, the having little understanding of - well, CNN and FOX are pretty solidly covered there, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is a bit of irony Skeptic, the link you posted for COINTELPRO at Wilkipedia has already been infiltrated with the disinformation of the person that is defaming ATS.

The very link you used to describe what COINTELPRO is has been used against ATS.

You should sue more people! ( Like Wilkipedia )

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
great thread, skeptic! *applause*

cointelpro, the real and since renamed office, was set up to splinter groups which opposed the government. they would mostly do this by infiltration.

that is, a guy would join, say, the black panthers, and then, through well-known techniques(like the delphi technique. another technique is for agents to gain the trust of members of the group, once 'in', they would go to work polarising some internal issue, and causing dissent within, until eventually, the group would splinter into smaller groups or simply dissolve.

here's another good reference to a modern 'cointelpro' operation, and a good thing to know, 'death by medicine'.

i would be remiss if i didn't post a link to my most frustrating ats experience, Scott Ritter Says Iran Attack in June, Iraq Elections "Cooked" .

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I really enjoy ATS. I spend nearly my whole day here. This is a great place for me to show off the things I do with PhotoShop. I get to talk about my favorite medium, Comics. I get to talk about really interesting things such as space exploration and the paranormal. What I really like is that my words are read by thousands of people. Where else can I get that attention with out being arrested

That being said I'd like to play devil's advocate.

If I was an oppressive person with power within the government, NWO, Reptilian race, or whoever you believe the real bad guys are, I think I would make an "ATS" website.

What better way to control the paranoid and the conspiracy minded?

If I needed a medium to push disinformation on those who would spot it otherwise I would create a giant forum for people to feel like they have a more open mind than the normal population. I would allow them to talk about anything they wanted, even my group of oppressors. I would pay close attention to what they have to say. Then when a few of them are on to something I would use a sock puppet to throw them off the trail.
30 or so years ago governments would try their best to prevent information leaks. If information did leak out their damage control would be so terrible that the press would be all over it and the news would find out what dirty things the government has done.
Today the strategy could be that when information gets out you simply go on the big 'ol net and feed misinformation to the public. There are so many people online and they believe in online news more than they do the news they see on cable television.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just saying what I would do if I was the evil guy taking over the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Let me first say that I love this place, but I want to play devil's advocate here for a minute.

1) Wouldn't an accusation like this actually help ATS? Looks to me like free advertising.

2) If ATS really was a "Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation" what better was to deflect further scrutiny than by publicizing this accusation on the ATS website. It's called reverse psychology.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The 'whether or not ATS is a CointelPro operation' is irrelevant.

Think about it this way....

We have here a collection of people who go out of their way to collect information and present it, along with their own impressions. Many threads have the benefit of logical, critical analysis that is completely lacking in any other news media. We're interactive here.....

So, if you're here crunching numbers and truly taking an as objective as possible eye to the information you ingest, then the fact that you run into disinformation is irrelevant. You should be able to recognize it and respond in kind....'in kind' being the state of tossing in your own valid, cool-headed response to offset that which is irrelevant.

Seriously......disinformation is just there to distract you. If you know what you're looking for, noone can dissuade you from that.

This thread was created to highlight excellent examples of ATS collaboration.....let's not get distracted and turn it into another speculative excercise on the motivations of a website that is in actuality a composite of each and every one of us.........

<<   2  3  4 >>

join