It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Solo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Anyone with any ideas? I spotted this and I was curious.

The structure to the south looks like some kind of bay doors. The marks on the dry lake bed north of it are quite unusual.

37 50' 24.90" N, 116 43' 40.03" W

Anyone with any ideas? Thanks for any replies.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
hey where do we look you didnt put down a link or a map

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here you go.

The co-ordinates were to type in Google Earth, but I managed to find the location on Google Local, as in the link above.

[edit on 12/1/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just north of the Tonopah Test Range Airbase, might have something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That looks more like some kind of antenna for something. Missile Silos aren't that obvious. They tend to only have an elevator building on the surface, with a fence around the location, but it's not this obvious where they are. And as far as I know all the missile silos are in the Midwest.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Very interesting. I am trying to determine, why there appears to be sand on two sides of the object in question, and barely any sand on the other triangular sides of it? You could say wind, but wind wouldnt put that much sand on the two sides, and not the others. If you look directly south of your coordinates, there appears to be an object, that just may be a silo. It appears to have the symbol in the center of it, which I believe was part of a missles treaty, that symbol is required on all silos, for satellite photography purposes, when say Russia wants to take satellite imagery, and determine, where and how many silos we have

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You are looking at Main Lake, about 2 miles south of the northern boundary of Tonopah Test Range.

The circular feature in the center of the dry lakebed is called Main Lake Target. It is marked on the clay lakebed surface with an oil-based black pigment.

The diamond-shaped target, called Rebel Target, is also marked on the lakebed in a similar fashion.

Just off the southern edge of the lakebed is Hard Target. It is made of 1-foot-thick concrete (rated to 4,000psi strength) and is 750 feet in diameter.

If you keep following this line of flight, you will find New Target, Mid Target, Pedro Lake Target, and Antelope Lake Target.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yeah, that makes alot of sense. Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks Shadowhawk, always great to know there's a wealth of knowledge here on ATS.com

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I doubt that this has anything to do with ICBM's. Silos are usually well hidden, this isn't! Also, Nellis isn't a missile base. No missile wings are assign anywhere in Nevada that I know of.

Here are some images of missile silos in Nebraska:

Above are some US Missile silos you can compare the image you uploaded to. I think you'll agree that the difference are quite obvious.

Tim

top topics

join