It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throw the Bums OUT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
AMENDMENT XVII
Passed by Congress May 13, 1912. Ratified April 8, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 3, of the Constitution was modified by the 17th amendment.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.

"

www.archives.gov...

This amendment has allowed the 100 kindoms within the US Senate to be established. The date this amendment was passed is suspect along with several other such amendments during this time.

I am asking for a procedure to recend this amendment.

The senate should go back to being appointed by the state governors.

The actions of the recent hearings on the appointment of judge Alito indicate the bums should all be thrown out...........

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Senate should NOT be elected by State governors! Senators are representatives of thepeople of an area. If a governor -executive branch- chose the senators -legislative branch-, what would be the point of having separate branches?

On the conspiracy side of things... What is it that's suspect about the date of the amendment, and which other amendments do you find suspect, and why?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I came to this thread to let you know the bums are already gone from DC, they left back in 2001, unfortunately one the bums settled in New York and thinks she can be a leader, when she is really only another bum.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Elections, that is one way we as a people can throw bums out.

All you have to do is get out and vote, and encourage others to vote as well.

Governors selecting instead of us electing in my opinion is NOT a good thing!

- One Man Short

[edit on 12-1-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hm, that does bother me, why don't we vote for tthe senators?
And supreme court justices, how come we dont vote for them either?

new topics

top topics

join