It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you keep an ALPACA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok... we've all seen reports about birds and fish acting alarming. I wanted to mention to the board that alpacas (llama family) can have very heighted 'third eyes'. I was wondering if there was anyone here at ATS that breeds or keeps alpaca... and if they are noticing anything out of the ordinary with regard to behavior that is perhaps in some way indicative of climate change.

For more info on alpaca's check here:
bonny doon alpacas

Alpacas express themselves with a soft hum, with other vocalizations, and with body language, such as neck posturing, ear and tail positioning, and head tilt. They have excellent eyesight and hearing, and will alert the herd and their human keepers with a staccato alarm call of perceived danger.

Or just type 'alpaca' in google... for what it is worth they are among the oldest domesticated species... going back 5000 years. I have also heard that alpaca can hear through the use of their very fine and long hair to distances of up to 5 miles.

Just wanted to see that all are 'humming' along as should be in the kingdom.

Please report,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have (or at least had) a beautiful alpaca sweater...but I looked for it the other day and couldn't find it....

That's about as close to having an alpaca I could ever come to in NYC.

join