It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
supposedly at the end of 2005 the earth will be destroyed. but i dont know why its supposedly i think in the incan,mayan or aztec calendar when the end of the world is. does any one know anything else about this?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
you're thinking of the Mayan calendar, which runs out in 2012

this doesnt necessarily mean the world will be destroyed physically, but a change will take place.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i heard some info that it meant the world was going to be finished by that specific day or invasion or something

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that this world will be destroyed. Though that date will be several million (or billion) years from now when the sun goes red giant/supernova and either bakes the earth or destroys it completely.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If you search previous threads you will find a lot more info on this topic re the Mayan calendar etc..

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally, I think you'd better plan on being here in 2012 and 2022 and 2032 and so on and so forth. The world will end, but not for another billion years or so, as Heelstone said.

In the meantime, expect prophets of Disaster N Doom R Us to be showing up every year with a new END OF THE WORLD prediction. Christian prophets have been doing it every year since the death of Jesus and there's no sign that they're going to quit doing it.

This year we were supposed to have been swept up in the Apocalypse and Planet X in May was supposed to have trashed the Earth and... oh yes... two or three killer comets were going to wipe out most of the Earth (and we haven't even gotten into the holiday season.)

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Moving on...
The Aztec's predicted the world would end in 1520.
Cortez showed up in 1519.
If you live in the Americas or Europe, you know the story...
Same for the Incas, they're gone too.

The Mayans may be right, they may be wrong.
However, I remain skeptical with Byrd on this issue...
If you recall, the last major "End of the World" date was 2000, well, i'm still here!
It's up to you what you believe,
Look around in the lost civilization forum...
Cheers,
- Tass

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I personally do not feel that "the end of the world" as prophicised (sp) will take place. I do believe however that a "way of life" will be extinquished and a new one will replace it. I feel that this will definately feel like the end of the world for some because the change will be drastic. I also feel that there will be a substancial loss of human life in the process however, this will be caused by natural disasters as well as man made disasters, which have to come about in order for new life to begin.

Anyway thats just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is the time which all of these calendars refer to,the end of the world could very well occur by that time or on that time.
These calendars generally just end,several have been researched and it has been determined that they end around the same time too,but these determinations are made after all the lost or unaccounted for years are taken into account which makes you wonder if the ones doing the tally missed a long lost 100 years or not.
The end of the age is when everyone realises the error of their ways and fixes the problems they have been causing,it will be a brutal time,the only survivors will be those who were hiding from the massive war.
Or maybe the governments will just annihilate one another in a final blaze of stupidity.
Political affiliations and parties are generally not ones last dying thought,too many people don't even think about what life is until they lose their life for something pointless like loyalty to a government.
Loyalty is best aimed much closer to yourself,do some good that you can actually see and appreciate,don't waste your time with governments,they are fictions,they don't truly exist at all.
The Grand Illusion.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i think it'll be the end of humanity as we know it, a recedance into a dark age again, and now people's skills are so specialized that the few which may remain will not know how to bring back our technology like it was

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think that the Myan calander runs out in 2012 because the calendar maker died, or got tired, or was told by his superior not to waste any more company time on making a calendar several hundred years in the future. I'm sure they thought there would be time to extend it.......

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
did it have an end of times instead of just stopping abbruptly?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Speaking of the Mayan

Yes, the calander pointed to this being the end of the grand cycle. The cycles were split into 4 minor cycles of 75,000 years. These minor cycles were split into 3 subminor cycles of 25,000 years. We are at the end of the (mayan) planetary grand cycle of 300,000 years (approx). This was (according to mayans) the point where the planet would raise in vibration and enter the next level of density. Thus the "end of the world" as we know it in 3rd density.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
so we all gonna get down in 4d then?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
From everything I hear not many will make it. "They" say most will have to repeat another subminor cycle of 25,000 until the next "harvest". Who knows? I'm guessing "They" are the same ones the Mayans talked to.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by uIVIa]

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Once again, this story.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah we are approaching an end of a major cycle.

All you have to remember is that the soul is indestructible, that is if you have one.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Earth will be at the center of the galaxy in 2012.

John Major Jenkins, in his seminal work Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 , deciphered the ultimate meaning of the Mayan end-date of December 21, 2012, used by the Maya in their long count calendrical system. What Jenkins discovered was that all of the Mayan priests knew of this end date as the renewal and rebirth of a new world age resulting from the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy. Everything the ancients were doing in their civilizations was involved in recognizing the significance of the galactic center. The wealth of ancient architecture left on earth, which mirrored the heavens and had encoded in their stone monuments the direction to galactic center, indicating the ascent to a new spiritual world age, is the hallmark contribution Jenkins brings to the readers of hisGalactic Alignment.
www.earthportals.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The end of the mayan calendar symbolises the end of the golden age.
It is a form of measuring precession.
The end of one cycle and the start of a new one.

a begginning as well as an end.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i think if im correct, somebody already solved this in another post. it isnt the end of the world just of the mayan calender. i think its supposed to reset or something like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join