It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient artifacts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hi. This is my first post, so I am not sure if relevant to this forum.

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about meteorites and the ancient world? I guess I mean metals and ancient swords and all that. For example, did some ancient egyptian warrior have a sword made from steel that was extracted from a rock from heaven? I remember reading a vague report on that once. Also, does anyone know if the Mayans or Aztecs possesed such a meteorite that they worshipped? I know that I do not have any references or anything, but I was hoping that someone out there might. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
as for the Incan/Mayan part, im not sure about the meteroites, but South America is full of huge stone balls that must have fallen from the sky. Left over strange artifacts from the "sons of the sun" days.

There is a gigantic hole under the Atlantic in the Bimini area that is a perfect circle and so far divers have been down 2800 ft and no bottom but this whole appears man made.

meteors must have been here but i really don't know to much about them.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi Mosca,

found this on the stone balls:

GIANT GRANITE SPHERES OF COSTA RICA. These monolithic near-perfect spheres were discovered in the Diquis Delta, near the Pacific coast of southern Costa Rica. They have also been found around the southern cities of Palmar, Sur, Buenos Aires and Golfito and in the province of Guanacaste.

Most of them have been dated between 800 and 1200 B.C.E. Their size is from an inch to 8 feet in diameter. Mostly made of a hard stone - granodiorite. Three large and aligned spheres point to Easter Island.

The spheres are often grouped in geometric patterns such as triangles, rectangles or straight lines. At least 186 spheres have been decumented. How many more of them exist? No local source for the granite exists and no stone-working tools have been found in the vicinity of the spheres. These masterpieces are mirror-smooth and geometrically perfect. The maximum circumference error in a 6-foot, 7-inch diametre sphere in only 0.5 inch, or 0.2%.

The outstanding stone-carving skills and mathematical knowledge were necessary for creation of such spheres. Unfinished spheres were never found. Did the Diquis culture possess such skills to produce them? As the ancient Costa Ricans had no written language, a chance to unearth any written records of just how they made the spheres is...none.

Many spheres were discovered in the jungle and question remains: who and how made them and for what purpose? Who was responsible for their transport from quarries located 50 miles away?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I don't believe that those stone balls have fallen from the skies. There are hand made, but problem with that is that people of that time did not have technology to curve balls to astonishing perfection.

There was documentary about the stones couple of months ago. They tried to curve one of the stones from the river into a ball. They did succeed, but there are still some other questions about the process.

Biggest question is what the balls represented and how it was used.

As most of them were moved before they were mapped, there is no evidence that balls point anywhere.

Semir Osmanagic, man behind possible discovery of Bosnian Pyramid was actually investigating stone balls that can be found in Bosnia. This phenomenon never was documented. (I’m from Bosnia, and I’ve never heard about those stone balls) Apparently he found some balls around the Bosnia, and while doing this, he discovered that one mountain had pyramid shape. Local population was aware of that, but nobody ever questioned possible pyramid below this mountain.

In overall, stone balls from South America remain mystery for us, and their true purpose, meaning and creation is still to be discovered.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
But, from what I have read, even more puzzling are the crystal skulls. I don't know a lot about them, except that they are also from central america and that they are hard to explain too. I have read of so many awesome ancient artifacts, and the puzzling nature of them, like the big balls, baalbek, giza, the pyramid of the sun and moon, etc., etc., I am left feeling much more accepting of the ooparts. Ironically, the ooparts are hence kind of made superflous, and not needed. I see lots of stuff to support my theories like all the monoliths, and accepted wondrous ancient creations, like the long neck Egyptian stone vases, which are puzzling, but yet they are displayed and have the approval of the established experts as being ancient, and awesome. There are layers of mica in the Mexican pyramid of the sun... they are wall to wall, between certain levels, made of mica, and an unknown.
The

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
How true!! I feel really sad that I dont understand things more!! Wouldn't I love to get into that 'Hall of Records'
So much to know and so little time. There are so many discoveries that are not given the proper attention. The thing that intrigues me the most at the moment, besides trying to find out what the Ancients did with meotorites, is these finds of footprints that are supposed to be millions and millions of years old. There is growing evidence that man might have been around a whole lot longer then we thought!!! I think I read somewhere of a find that showed that a biped of human nature was around 70 millions years ago, yes with dinosaurs!!! Do not quote me on that, but I guess this also branches into this whole time travel thing. I do not believe that John Titor was real, but I do believe with quantam mechanics and all this 'String Theory' theory that we will one day time travel. Why not go back and see the dinosaurs? Why not go for a stroll through some mud that eventually gets fossilized? And on your journey you might drop some things that later get discovered imbedded in coal 12 meters under the earth!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.i-version.ru...
Russian cryptanalyst to break through the Phaistos Disc riddle

According to Mr. SHERBAN, many reputed scientists have stepped up efforts to decipher the code behind the disc's signs. The work done behind the disk is massive and so at early stages of his research Anatoliy SHERBAN had to conform to the main “Phaistos decipherment principles” set forth by celebrated science personalities. The conventional view on the disc’s language was that the text could not possibly be carved in Greek. However in the course of the research Anatoliy SHERBAN added more and more evidences of its Greek origin. The writing is most definitely a piece of Bronze Age Greek hieroglyphics. The cryptanalyst has developed his unique decoding method, which proved very effective.

The Phaistos Disc is a disk of fired clay from the Minoan palace of Phaistos, possibly dating to the middle or late Minoan Bronze Age (2nd millennium BC). It is about 15 cm in diameter and covered on both sides with a spiral of stamped symbols. Its purpose and meaning, and even its original geographical place of manufacture, remain disputed, making it one of the most famous mysteries of archaeology. This unique object is now on display at the archaeological museum of Heraklion in Crete, Greece. A code which is still undecipherd.

www.disclose.tv...
This site offers an interpretation of the various symbolism used.
www.kvashilava-gia.com... ated-scripts&catid=5%3A2009-01-16-13-38-18&Itemid=7&lang=en
Here is the ATS thread which presumably debunks this but nothing convincing to me. Only fair to include it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Meteorites are interesting, and they were seen as special by many ancient people. Wikipedia has an article (which then gets sadly off track) about some of the ways they were used and shows a meteor fragment in a narwhal tusk:
en.wikipedia.org...

I found another fascinating page full of meteorite stories, legends, and superstitions. It's a fun read:
www.meteoritemarket.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My own view of the Phaistos disk is that it was a favoured gifted to a parent or grandparent from a child. Who used small performed 'stamps' to make it.

ie its a piece of art and has no meaning

But then I'm a radical

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Let's not forget that the Black Stone housed in a distinctly vaginal opening in a cornerstone of the Ka'ba in Mecca is most likely a meteorite.

The Black Stone

It's pre-Islamic, but still revered. The mother of the world as represented by a meteorite? Life from the skies? Panspermia? Hey, it's all symbolic.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Blue Shift]

top topics

join