It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask about Russia's Territory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Who can tell me why this part I circled in map is belong to Rassia?
Who can tell me its history?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The territory in question was once apart of the german province of east prussia. However during the second world war it was overrun by soviet forces. After the second world war the map of eastern europe was redrawn poland was moved westward towards the Oder river the arguement was that would be a better natural barrier in case of future german aggression. So the german provinces of posen, silesia and west prussia as well as part of east prussia were given to poland while poland gave its eastern provinces to russia. Russia took the Baltic nations of estonia, latvia and lithuania and the rest of east prussia that surrounded the city of Konigsburg now Kaliningrad. The area was largely abandoned by its german population and was resettled by russians. So after the collapse of the soviet union it became apart of the russian federation. Hope that answers your question if not then run a google search on Kaliningrad and wikipedia is always a good bet.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, thank you very much for your reply.

A very inconvenient province for Rassia I think

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sorry i cant see the map but if the current Russian administration wants to take back the baltics, you got one Lithuanian here ready to defend till his death.

Lietuva Lasvai!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Russia couldn't care less about the Baltics. During the end of the Soviet Union it was only pumping away money on projects there like airports and roads. neither does it want Ukraine, or any other old state. It wants to build up its economic might with the help of newly nationalized energy resources. Plus you got the US bases to protect you from the Russian boogeyman.

If Russia really wants strong allies it will look to the East- China, kazakstan and India.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by maloy]

new topics

top topics

join