It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carolina Panthers: Battle in Seattle?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Dang I went 2-2 this weekend. Don't understand what happened to those Pats. and I never thought the Panthers and Bears would be an offensive game. Your Panthers are in dude but now they got Seattle.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Carolina 29... Chicago 21..

HayEll Yeah!

I mispredicted, but got it rightly close. I said 24- 17.

It was a great game.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Seattle is right! This is turning out to be the craziest season ever (for me). My three favorite teams are coming down to it!

Being born in Washington, I've always said I wouldn't leave this world until I saw the Seahawks win a Super Bowl... So now it comes down to them and my Panthers (I've lived in the Carolinas since 1980 - when I was 10). Oh yeah, and one of those teams will face my first and oldest favorite team The Pittsburgh Steelers (if they beat Denver)! I hope it winds up being Carolina vs. Denver in the Supa Bowl.

I'm stickin with the Panthers as far as they go.

On Steve Smith.. "He's basically the best wide receiver in the league," said Bears cornerback Nathan Vasher.

My boy "the little monster of midway," rocked Soldier Field!

[edit on 1/16/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I predict a close game. Carolina 27, Chicago 23

[edit on 1/12/06 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 1/12/06 by EastCoastKid]

Well, I almost predicted right. Wound up being 29-21 instead. Not bad.

Any predictions on the Seattle-Panthers matchup? 250 of my points for anyone who can pick it.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So where all you haters at now?!!!

For some reason the Panthers seem to play their best games in hostile territory. Here's what a Seattle Times columnist said:

The Panthers have turned road rage into an art form.
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

It's a great piece.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Right on. I was born in Tacoma Washington and also lived in Carolina. Glad to see the Seahawks win. Glad to see Alexander is ok.
That is great that the 2 best road teams are on the road.
I'll be pullin for Seattle and not sure on the AFC. Denver seems full of surprises.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I want Carolina to beat Seattle.

I hope Denver beats Pittsburgh.

Carolina vs. Denver

Carolina victory - 32-31, OT

[edit on 1/16/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This past Sundays game against the Bears was one helluva game.

Now it's on to Seattle for the NFC title. Since this thread has turned into a Panthers-Seahawks thread, here's my prediction (I missed last weekd by a longshot, although my team won), Carolina Panthers-30, Seattle Seahawks-23.

[edit on 17/1/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Since this thread has turned into a Panthers-Seahawks thread, here's my prediction (I missed last weekd by a longshot, although my team won), Carolina Panthers-30, Seattle Seahawks-23.

[edit on 17/1/06 by Intelearthling]

Duly noted. If your prediction pans out, you have 250 of my points.

I predict it will be Carolina 32, Seattle 31, in overtime.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ok, after reading all of the analysis on the four remaining teams, I've decided I hope (against all the odds) it comes down to Carolina and Pittsburgh in Supa Bowl 40.

If Carolina and Pittsburgh win their road games they will make history. No team in NFL history - except the 1985 Chicago Bears - has pulled that off (three straight road wins to the Super Bowl). Its time to shred it up!!

I've never seen a team work it on the road, in hostile crowds, like the Panthers. They blew my mind back in '03 when they went to Philly and St. Louise and against all predictions, kicked their a**es all over the place... then the last three weeks in Atlanta, CHICAGO AND NY!!! Those crowds were vicious.

Think of it: a super bowl between these two road warrior teams - the Steelers and the Panthers would be a clash of the titans!

The bittersweet part for me in all this is I love the Seahawks and I love the Steelers... I just love the PANTHERS that much more. Therefore, we're gonna have crush 'em!!!

Here's to the final four:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
If Carolina and Pittsburgh win their road games they will make history. No team in NFL history - except the 1985 Chicago Bears - has pulled that off (three straight road wins to the Super Bowl). Its time to shred it up!!

>ahem< the '85 Bears beat the Giants 21-0 in Chicago in the first playoff game. Then, beat the Rams 24-0 in chicago in the second. Remember the Bears lost only one game that year, to Miami (at Miami) which assured their home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The big mystery is how did they let the Pats score 10 points in Super Bowl XX which they won 46-10?

[url=http://www.bearshistory.com/seasons/1985.html]>LINK

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Strange things happen.

I remember that team well. I loved the '85 Bears. Refrigerator was tha man - a homeboy, too (Clemson).

How did Indianapolis lose? How did the Pats lose? (This playoff season)

I hope the Panthers can shut Seattle's "12th man" down quick Sunday. I'll never forget how raucus New York's crowd was a few wks back. The Meadowlands was empty by the 4th quarter!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
How did the Colts and Pats lose? They were outplayed.

At this point, I'm not cheering for one team over the other. If I had to pick the Super Bowl matchup I'd like most to see, it would probably be the Steelers and Panthers. But I'll watch 'em all to the end because I just love football.

It's interesting that of the teams left, only the Steelers are from the pre- AFL-NFL merger era. And they, along with the Colts and Browns, went to the AFC at the merger. So, the National Conference (comprised of mostly the old-time NFL teams) will be represented by a relative newcomer. Just an observation.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry ECK, Seattle wins a very close game. I'm talking a field goal at the end.

Seattle: 19 Carolina: 17

Peace

edit: I'm typing like a spaz today!

[edit on 20-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This year the UNDERDOGS rule!

The Panthers are the first team since the Super Bowl winning Pittsburgh Steelers ('80) that I've had so much fun watching. I think Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, Julius Peppers, et al are as great (or will be soon) as Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Mean Joe Green & crew were back in the day.

One thing I love the most about the Panthers is how everyone constantly predicts they'll lose. There's nothing sweeter than watching my team shut down those "rowdy" crowds.

Bring on that 12th man, Seattle!

Oh yeah -

Thx for edit.

Thx LYSERGIC.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's an interesting poll.. Who do you think will play in Super Bowl 40? Most voters said

Carolina and Pittsburgh
www.news14charlotte.com...

RoadWarriors Rule!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ive said from early in the year, Broncos and Panthers were 2 of the favorites.. aside from the so called sure shot colts. As much as I want to go against that right now, Ill stick with my gut and say Broncos and Panthers.

However, Ill still be rooting for the steel on sunday.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For what it's worth ...

Panthers over the Seahawks 20-17 in OT

Steelers over the Broncos 32-10

Let's wait and see!?

Steelers win the Super Bowl*

* you don't realize how HARD it is to even GO there?! I'm a Raiders fan outnumbered 4:1 by a houseful of Yellow and Black diehards :shk:

On a side note ...

I did have the boy on my side for several years, until that fateful Sunday when he conveyed to me, "Dad, The Steelers rule and the Raiders drool!"

sniff ... sniff .. that was a hard pill to take!

IMHO, it will be rather interesting to see how things play out!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think Denver's probably the "best" team left in the playoffs. But, Carolina's the majic. That's why they've bee so consistantly fun to watch.

I HOPE to see Carolina and Pittsburgh in Detroit.

Though I will hate to have to pull against the Steelers.:shk:

Those two teams would be a real street fight.
The two BEST defensive teams in the NFL. Some say, it would be a real low-scoring game. (snooze) I say, with Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith, don't count on that. They will explode at least once or twice, if not more, on a roll, in every game. The more difficult the challenge, the more dangerous they get (especially Delhomme). That's their mystery. That majic.

I'm not gonna predict a score between those two yet. I wanna watch both teams win their games tomorrow. I think Pittsburgh is gonna have the toughest time, having to play on the road again and in that mile-high stadium with that hostile crowd. If they beat the Broncs, they will have once again won me over for life. And on the road!.. Smokin! Go STEELERS!

Here's a look at how each match-up might pan out:

4. Steelers vs. Panthers
Why it could be great: Jerome Bettis, playing his final game and his first Super Bowl in his hometown, Detroit. If the Steelers beat the Broncos, get ready for two weeks of media tributes to Bettis. He's earned those tributes with his play on the field, but his status as the most press-friendly player in the league will ensure nothing but glowing coverage. In the Super Bowl, Bettis would have Jeff Hartings and Alan Faneca, the Steelers' only two offensive Pro Bowlers, blocking for him against the excellent Carolina defensive line.

Pittsburgh-Carolina would be an all-wild-card Super Bowl, and that would make next year's playoff race all the more exciting. In previous years, when the No. 6 seed had never made it to the conference championship game, let alone the Super Bowl, the end of the regular season hasn't seemed as intriguing because wild-card contenders aren't given much of a chance to win three straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. If the Steelers and the Panthers add to the intrigue by advancing to the big game as a No. 6 seed and a No. 5 seed, next year's playoff race will give fans of even the lowliest wild-card team hope.

Why it would be a dreary day: These teams were wild cards for a reason. Pittsburgh and Carolina have played two great games in the playoffs, but they're not as good as Denver and Seattle. Successful wild-card teams will make future playoff races seem more exciting, but the Super Bowl is supposed to be about the two best teams in football, and it's hard to make the case that Pittsburgh and Carolina really are the best teams in each conference.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher loves to run, so fans would more often see Bettis take a handoff for three yards and a cloud of FieldTurf than Roethlisberger passing to Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El. Panthers coach John Fox loves to run, too, and that's even less exciting because the Panthers aren't even good at running. Without their top two running backs, Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster, the Panthers will turn to career backup Nick Goings. Even when Davis and Foster were healthy, the Panthers didn't run particularly well, averaging only 3.4 yards a carry.

Carolina and Pittsburgh have the two top defenses still in the playoffs, which means it would probably be the lowest-scoring game. Low-scoring football excites traditionalists, but most fans prefer high-scoring games, and Steelers-Panthers isn't likely to break any offensive records.

February in Detroit isn't the most alluring locale for the biggest sporting event in the year. But if the game is a classic, the site won't matter. All four possible matchups have the potential for greatness, but if you just want to see a good game, Pittsburgh and Seattle is the game you should want.
msn.foxsports.com...

Good luck to all the teams playing tomorrow.

[edit on 1/21/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pittsburgh's rockin tha house!!

What was that about homefield advantage?

Go STEELERS!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join