It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Michael Netzer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hello all. and its a privelage to become a member of such a passionately conspiratorial community.

I'm a comics artist who worked for DC, Marvel and other Independents since the mid 1970s.

I now reside in Israel and work tirelessly at driving the world mad through the combination of a pop-culture revival driven by the comics industries - and setting the record straight as to how this has been the intent of Biblical prophecy all along.

Everything there is to know about me now, resides at www.flamingsword.biz... and the Flaming Sword Sites links at the top of the right side menu.

Fasten your seat belts before going there. I've been told it's quite the rollecoaster.

I will gladly answer any questions about it and provide links to specific material there at anyone's behest.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by MichaelNetzer]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Welcome Mike to one of, if not the most interesting site on the internet.

As far as introductions go, well I must admit that I already know you quite well although our friendship has had a twenty-five to thirty year lapse. How synchronous and fortuitous that our own friendship has been re-kindled through this great website.

I must also mention that there are probably quite a few others on ATS/BTS who know you through your work in the comics industry. Anyone familiar with comics in the late seventies and eighties, especially, will be aware of your work. Though you have, at times, been called a "Neal Adams clone", your work still has always shone with a unique brand of creativity and style that was genuinely your own. And, besides, being compared to one of the true "greats" in comc art, Neal Adams, can only be construed as a compliment of the highest order.

Welcome Mike.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Welcome to the Great ATS!
I am very familiar with your work back in your DC / Marvel days.
I am sure that Umbrax will just love having you as a member

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks, BT and Kenshiro. The more I roam BTS/ATS the more I suspect I'll need to cut down my time at the traditional comics forums.

I've never been bothered by being called a "Neal Adams Clone", perhaps because I didn't know better. The primary part of my career was short lived and consisted mainly of a learing curve, under the mentorship of the hailed Mr. Adams. I was later called a "Frank Miller Clone" after producing the Huntress mini series in the early 90's - and that didn't seem to bother me either, though I knew better by then.

I'll agree that I've taken it all as a compliment of the highest order. Still, I've produced work in a variety of styles and some of it does have a unique personal touch. Perhaps I've been more interested in the thrust of my career regarding the role comics play in our culture, to the degree that I didn't concentrate on developing a consistent personal style through the formative years.

Thanks again. Looking forward to a volcanic time here.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS MichaelNetzer. I'm glad that you have joined our community

new topics

top topics

join