It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope is in trouble..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ain't feeling too well at the moment. Can't even walk, poor thing.
(Must have got tiered wearing all those heavy golden rolexes)

Remind me, isn't hell comes to earth according to revelations after he dies?

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think you mean the pope right?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
um............. there is nothing in Revelations that says after this pope dies there will be hell on earth.....

But according to the phrophecies of St Malachi , there will be two more popes after this one, THEN there will be hell on earth.

I think we've got a while to go yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Eh. He lasted longer than the previous Pope. A LOT longer.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This pope said years ago that he is gravely concerned about the next pope, apparently he believes the next one will be the prophet for the antiChrist.
Of course, I was certain enough about y2k that I stocked up on rice, TP, ammunition and lantern fuel (not to mention cans of tuna and sardines), so he might not be entirely correct, either. Even the pope can be a little off, huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
lol I think the doctrine of papal infallibility went west a long time ago LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
yes the pope could be true the next pope could be in the nwo and he could turn the religious worlds more against each other creating a mass war

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I thought there was only one more pope prophesized

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
johnb, you are correct...according to Nostradamus...
Also according to Nostradamus...the pope isn't expected to live past the end of the year if I remember correctly. However, he is prophesied to be assassinated, and that hardly seems necessary.....

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Kinda off topic but not.

A new cardinal may be Pope's successor:
If the electors look beyond Italy or Europe, the next pope will probably come from Latin America, which has more than half the world's Catholics.
Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, of Honduras, has wide support because of his engaging personality. But there are two strikes against him: he is 60 and the electors, (whose average age is 71) may be wary of the possibility of another 25-year pontificate. Further, at the height of the clerical sexual abuse scandal in the US, he blamed the "Masonic" press for the prominence given to it.

www.smh.com.au...

What is that statments implication?
"he blamed the "Masonic" press for the prominence given to it."

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
the pope isn't expected to live past the end of the year if I remember correctly. However, he is prophesied to be assassinated, and that hardly seems necessary.....

He probably won't make it to 2004, assassinated or not.
I'm curious to see if he'll die naturally or not, because Nostradamus had some of his predictions confirmed.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Looking,

so are you suggesting that the catholic church is not entirely controlled by the masons yet?

then why are all those fools in conspiracy land saying this?

I think that is isn't entirely under their control yet, it seems that this is the last good pope, or at least mostly good pope. We may see more unsavoury types in future. The first indication will be the unravelling of recent efforts at maintaining some core conservative tenets of the catholic faith.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Masons are not in the Church wheeling and dealing so to speak. Where is it written that the next Pope will be bad, how can anyone be sure? The Catholic Church will not spawn the Antichrist. Here is a quote that hopefully will make sense on why this won't happen:

"The Catholic Church is accused of being satanic; she is said to be the "apostate church."

Well, our Savior Jesus Christ had, when He was on earth, pretty much the same accusations to deal with. He was driving demons out, and so some said He was doing this by the power of the devil. What did Jesus respond? Let me quote it for you:

Mark 3:23-26
And after he had called them together, he said to them in parables: How can Satan cast out Satan? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan be risen up against himself, he is divided, and cannot stand, but hath an end.

In other words, Jesus responded that if He were of the devil, He could not drive out demons, because that would not work, for "a divided kingdom cannot stand." Satan would be destroying himself in the process.

Now, listen to this: The Catholic Church drives out the devil, too. This practice is called "exorcism." You can't deny that the Catholic Church has been doing exorcisms on people and really driven out Satan that way for nearly two millennia. Therefore, we must reason just like Jesus: if the Catholic Church were of the devil, it could not drive the devil out. For, as Jesus said, "A divided kingdom cannot stand." The Catholic Church, however, has been standing for nearly 2,000 years. Jesus refuted the argument that He is of the devil by saying that Satan could not stand then, and I claim the same about the Church. If the Church is wrong, then so was Jesus. But if Jesus is right, then so is the Church.

This now is my quick response to any and all arguments of the SDAs. There is no need for me to refute any other argument as long as there is no qualified and effective counter-response by the SDAs.
As a last point, the Bible plainly tells us what kind of person the Antichrist is: 1 John 2:22: "Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? This is Antichrist, who denieth the Father and the Son." SDAs would have to admit that the Catholic Church does NOT deny the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Ghost--just browse through any Catholic catechism.

So there is twofold proof that the Catholic Church, per Scripture, cannot possibly be the Whore of Babylon, nor the Pope the Antichrist.

Now, Adventist apologist Michael Scheifler has responded to this challenge by quoting Matthew 7:22-23:

Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

He claims that this proves that the mere fact that the Catholic Church drives out Satan doesn't prove that she is of divine origin. But here he is presupposing that the people who claim that they drove out demons in Jesus' name really did so. But the text does not make this clear. It only says that they claimed that. Jesus never confirms their claim, however. So we do not know whether they actually really did cast out demons or only engaged in pseudo-exorcisms.

Another possibility is that these folks really did do all those authentic and miraculous things at one point in their lives, but failed to endure to the end. Here we do well to remember Ezechiel 18:26: "When the just turneth himself away from his justice, and comitteth iniquity, he shall die therein: in the injustice that he hath wrought he shall die."

It seems, though, that the first interpretation is correct, as Christ specifically says, "I never knew you."

Also let me tell you about ole Nostradamus, if you look through his history and the like he has been wrong more than he has been right.

Hope this helps you out on your path of knowledge.

Oh before I forget, Free, your snide remark of the the Pope as a "thing" is crude and uncalled to say the least, he is a human being like you and me. Capice?

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A prophecy is true to it's word when it is from God....

I would rather read prophecy from pious people then from someone who practiced a form of the occult......receiving revelation from unknown dark shadows......eg....Nostradamus...

well, here is a link to the future eighth ecumenical council......(the Orthodox only have seven ..the last one was in 787A.D.which will bring Chrstianity to what it was....one body and one faith .....the head of the church being Jesus Christ.......

www.geocities.com...

helen.....

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
Remind me, isn't hell comes to earth according to revelations after he dies?
[Edited on 30-9-2003 by Freeman]

It's in the nostradamus centuries... But we are not sure that the right pope was not 'pie XII', the last one, and that this one is not the "fake pope" who would defend and help the false prophet and new world order...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, Nostradamus said that the thrid antichrist will be from the same place as the second. The second one was hitler, from austria. And today I read in the news that the most likely the next pope will be the Archbishop of Vienna, Austria....

news.bbc.co.uk...

I personaly think that he is deffinitely not the antichrist, but it is a strange coincidence though.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In prophecy, the Pope won't be anti-christ, correct. He will be the false prophet, and the enforcer of the mark of the beast, as well as worship of the beast.

The Pope himself has said he believes that the one will be two more Popes away. Either this means he knows the plan has been delayed for Prince William, or it's just a throw off...or just a good/bad prediction. Who knows.

Also, with more and more earthquakes..SOHO..the Hubble...HAARP...ect ect ect, it makes me wonder if the comet Nostradamus talks of is on it's way. There are numerous pictures of entities around the sun. Hm.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
johnb, you are correct...according to Nostradamus...
Also according to Nostradamus...the pope isn't expected to live past the end of the year if I remember correctly. However, he is prophesied to be assassinated, and that hardly seems necessary.....

sounds correct i can look it it properly if anybody wants...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
im pretty sure that in my nostradamus books it says one of the next popes is french..... i think the anti pope comes before the french pope though... i dunno i will look it up if anybody wants me too... i just go fancy going searching through a big thick book early in the morning...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Blade runner, if its not much trouble can you look it up?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join