It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Spider Man???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Humm not sure.........Wired But Like I said If you want I will take them down No problem.........

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can see the covers and I am going to stick with 'that crap sucks". Its there's only two outfits for spider man, the old red and blue, or the black and white.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
SoLaR513, no real specs yet. Just what they said from CBR on the first page.

Nygdan, the black and white is my favorite, but I'm sure it had resistance when it was introduced too. I'm sure the iron suit won’t be around for more than a few issues anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know times are changeing and ol web head aint gettin younger. used to be have cool powers and spandex was all you needed. But in todays technologically advaced society you gotta have the right gadgets to keep up with all the tech mutant wackos. An old guy like spidey could get whacked by some nut job with a lazer but not if hes lazer proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
At first I didnt really like the new suit but after finding it was infact armour and came with different type of tech toys I have to say its growing on me. Peter Parker has always been very tech savy making his own gear like Web shooters on a limited budget. So I guess it would make sense for him to do something like this if he had the resources of Stark enterprises.

Ah Tony Stark crime fighter/weapon manufacturer
Alittle contradiction dont you think? No wonder Tony drinks LOL

I still think spidey's symbiote costume owns them all. Still got my Secret Wars #8

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here is a buttload on new iron spidey images from comic covers that will be out in May.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
'scrap.

I don't recall having a problem with the black and white back in the day, because it just looked so damned cool.

external image

This just looks lame. Even with 'robot-spider arms'.

Good to hear its a limited thing. They should have this guy eat the thing at the end, just to let everyone know that the black outfit is teh coolist.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't get Marvel.
Don't they do focus groups?

Everybody hates the Iron Spidey.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Newsarama.com has a 6 page preview of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 that has the new suit.

Don't ask me why he is wrestling

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Newsarama.com has a 6 page preview of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 that has the new suit.

Lol if you ask me he looks to much like a grey

They ruined spider man he WAS my favrite super hero but now with this suit it takes all the nostalga (sp?) away from him

And BTW the black costume rocked!

[edit on 3-3-2006 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I keep looking at it and saying its hot but I still don't like it. It has to wear on me because im just not use to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Maybe he trying to make some extra cash. Spidey was a wrestler before he was a super hero anyway hes going back too his roots

BTW the black costume was by far my favorite I still got my orginal secret wars #8

[edit on 11-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just finished reading Amazing Spider-Man #529, the first appearance of the new costume. This is the first Spider-Man comic I have picked up since the 90’s.

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Have they released any suit specs yet? I mean can he fly, shoot repulsors?

Right from the comic here is what Tony Stark has to say about the suit.

“I’ve incorporated mesh webbing that can allow you to glide for short distances. Heat-resistant Kevlar microfiber that can resist small-caliber bullets.
Built-in fire, police and emergency scanner. Audio and visual amplication, including infrared and ultraviolet.
Carbon filters in the mouth to keep out toxins, and a short-range GPS microwave communication system, all routed through a computerized control system in the titanium chestpiece.”

That is the what, so here is the why.

Parker has become close to Tony Stark since becoming an Avenger and Star wants Parker to be his protégé. Stark foreshadows something bad is coming soon and he wants someone he can trust implicitly to back him up.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yep i read that one
i think the new"iron spidey" is pretty sweet lookin

i thinks its the flying part that makes it unrealistic in a unrealistic point of view of course

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Bullet proof, loads of electronics even the ablilty to glide short distance man Tony Stark hooked Parker up.

Umbrax hasnt spidey been a Avenger on and off for a really long time? I could be wrong but I always kind of thought of Spidey in the Avengers somewhat as Batman was in the JL. Might not have been always been a full member but on and off for years type thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I believe Spider-man was a reserve member in the early 90's but had resigned.

He is now a full member of the New Avengers

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the info.
I remember he had something to do with the Avengers back in the day. Couldnt really remember if it was just a honoray/ reserve or if he was a full member.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The New Avengers is really good
I picked up the first volume trade paperback not so long ago. Having Captain America, Spider-Man, and Wolverine all in the same book is really interesting. I really like how Brian Michael Bendis writes Spider-Man.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have to say Im not really caught up with the New Avengers. Im looking into it now I cant believe Wolverine is a member too man he really gets around I assume hes still a member of X-men and still has his own comic aswell.

And Sentry (what the???) I remember when he was still a Iron man wannabe in "The Jury", I still have a few spider man comics with them in it. Now Curtis Elkins is more like superman.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wolverine’s real mutant power it to appear in every Marvel comic every month.

Currently he appears monthy in:
New Avengers
X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Wolverine
Wolverine: Origins
Then Ultimate Wolverine in Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Wolverine Vs the Hulk.
He usually guest appears in a bunch of other books too.

It is sick

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join