It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Spider Man???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
comics.ign.com...

I dont know what to say. Except that it looks sucky. Tony Stark helping Spiderman with his new costume?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yeah I'm not impressed by the design either. Not to worry though, Spider-Man has gone through many costume changes and he has gone back to his red and blues every time.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
man i love the symbiote thingy which changes spidey to the coolest looking thing ever, black spidey. stupid thing had to have a mind of it own to ruin it.

ps world peace

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhhhhhh good lord. Like they say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[edit on 16/1/06 by Bripe Klmun]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Ohhhhhhhhhhh good lord. Like they say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[edit on 16/1/06 by Bripe Klmun]

I have to agree. Spiderman's costume is an icon.....like Superman's cape or the Batman's cowl. I cannot believe the stupidity in altering such a recognizable uniform. It's almost like altering the "S" on Superman's chest. Oh well, they say that change is good. I suppose that we all have to accept change sooner or later. Alas, I don't like it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In all honesty, I must say I absolutely hate this costume, I hope its just a rumour or something... Or that he will get back to his old uniform again soon.These faces all manifest my anger.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was just reading a great article written by Erik Larson about this costume. He hits the point that I brought up earlier. Really he sums up how I feel about the whole thing.

www.comicbookresources.com

How many times are you guys going to fall for the whole "Spider-Man's getting a new costume that sucks and it's going to replace the old one that rocks" trick? Marvel has been pulling this one off for decades now and every time you guys take the bait-- every time.

This is not going to replace the old costume for the long haul. You will not see this costume on Spider-Man in 10, 20, 30 years-- by then he'll be wearing some other #ty costume and you'll be moaning about that.

But I've gotta hand it to 'em-- it got people talking.

Click the link above to read the full article.

I've been reading Erik Larson's "One Fan's Opinion" every month for a few months now. I really enjoy reading what he has to say about current events in comics.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Your not seeing the whole picture here. Its a cool design its just drawn crappy. Picture it drawn by mcfarlen. It has great potential if handled correctly they just need to draw it better. Think about this if a spider could fly in real life it would be the ultimate predatory insect. Your all just to afraid of change.Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
For me I would care more about the story revolving around the new costumre rather than the new costume itself.

As for a better art representation that SoLaR513 has mentioned, it doen't get much better than Bryan Hitch.

The story around the costume sounds cool enough.

Comicbookresources.com

You’ve seen the previews of the new suit; now see Spider-Man put his new costume into action. This is no mere fashion change either, as the costume is actually an armor equipped with several pieces of advanced weaponry, including pincer claws and many others surprises.

The best part of all is that Peter is going to be getting accustomed to his new armor on the fly, surprising his foes, readers, and even himself with the suit’s capabilities.

Straczynski has spun some of the greatest Spider-Man tales in years and reviewers have been quick to note that his work to date has been especially exciting to read.

I'll probably pick up this book just to see how it goes.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have to say it looks pretty sweet. Hey id let tony stark design my new suit Iron man is a bad mutha. I will deffinately give it a read.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is another picture of the new costume.

Art from Joe Quesada.

I actually like it here. The extra "legs" remind me of Doc Ock. I'm going to find out who is penciling the Spider-Man books where the new appearance will be.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That is freaken sweet. You can diss it all you like but I think it rules. Umbrax once again the god of comics, keep those great pics rollin.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Costume in Question for those that have not seen it yet

The picture Above was not working......so I posted one.......

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
The Costume in Question for those that have not seen it yet

This is not an acurate depiction but merely coceptual art you have to check out the covers to really appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Dude, I've posted 3 pictures of the costume in this thread and they seem to be working for everyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yea I like that Much better

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Dude, I've posted 3 pictures of the costume in this thread and they seem to be working for everyone else.

Not Working on My Mozzila Brax

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you want me to i will delete the ones I put on here

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm using FireFox as well. Maybe your security settings are set to high.

All the images I post are hosted on my own via photobucket.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Have they released any suit specs yet? I mean can he fly, shoot repulsors?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join