It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ovarian Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My grandmother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer today. I've been trying to read up as much as I can since I got told two hours ago. I was wondering if anyone here can please provide me with any helpful articles about it or something for here that would lift her spirits now that she has this. I went to a Canadian website and they had a booklet for women with the disease however they only ship within Canada and I'm a Yankee. Thank you very very much.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Look for Gilda Radner's biography, I don't know what its called but she suffered from very advanced ovarian cancer. The book may have some insights in it or some leads to follow. Read the book first though if you intend to give it to your grandmother, I haven't read it so it may be too tough for her to read right now or may not be appropriate.

www.ovarian.org...

Is an american site with divisions for states, it seems to have a lot of info online so you won't need a booklet, just print off the pages that you need.

www.ovariancancer.org...

Is another site that seems to have input from survivors of ovarian cancer.

I can't vouch for any of these sites, and I am not a doctor, I just searched google and these came up. I hope it is a start to find what you need.

Wishing you and your grandmother good health and a speedy recovery.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it and will look into them.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that your grandmother is ill with cancer

Sending good thoughts to you and her

Here's a link to Gilda's Club Worldwide. They may have a local chapter near you for information or even someone you or your grandmother could speak to.
www.gildasclub.org...

[edit on 11-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I'm so sorry to hear that your grandmother is ill with cancer

Sending good thoughts to you and her

Here's a link to Gilda's Club Worldwide. They may have a local chapter near you for information or even someone you or your grandmother could speak to.
www.gildasclub.org...

[edit on 11-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

Thank you. I checked the website and I sent an e-mail to them for information. Thank you again.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
These are good suggestions, as Gene Wilder, her husband has/is devoting his life to this type of cancer.
I have survived cancer 3 times, so PLEASE just think it does not have to be the end..My prayers will be with you and her..

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I had a scare over the holidays with my mother. But keep the faith there are treatments out there.

a few links for you:

Latest Ovarian cancer treatments

Cancer treatment centers - ovarian

national institute for health - ovarian cancer

Bleys

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank you all very very much. I really appreciate the help and support.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is good news about my grandmother's condition. The test results came back from the tumor and she has Stage IB not Stage III as their originally thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is so good to know that she is in an early stage. It is much easier to recover when they catch it early. Best Wishes and I hope that everything goes smoothly.

top topics

join