It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Color Correction on this Orb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
From the church of ageless wisdom,we were taught that the color we see of any object would be it's opposite color were it not for the sun.IOW, it goes:

Cyan--Red

Magenta--Green

Yellow--Blue..

Black--Absence of light

White--All colors equally combined.

I am going to keep this simple as I do not wish to extrapolate or create photofinishing treatises.
Having been on the 'other side' the skies are yellow and sand is black, try thinking of this as being the case we all observe..
The simplest way to see it in action is to 'know' that chlorophyll is the only reason we have green trees.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Try this for an experiment.
Whatever your favorite color is, change it to the opposite color and it will change your awareness and physical well being.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok two things, first I thought the above comment was a sarcasic reply to the original post, and second, however simpley you explained it, that is still very confusing. Are you trying to say that in the "Spiritual World" that colors are flip-flopped? Moreover that you have been there and seen it? I am not trying to sound rude and I earnestly would like to know what this information is founded on. It's pretty odd, but nifty to think about.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon
Ok two things, first I thought the above comment was a sarcasic reply to the original post, and second, however simpley you explained it, that is still very confusing. Are you trying to say that in the "Spiritual World" that colors are flip-flopped? Moreover that you have been there and seen it? I am not trying to sound rude and I earnestly would like to know what this information is founded on. It's pretty odd, but nifty to think about.

No, it was a sirius suggestion to change colors.
And yes, I hate to repeat myself to you old posters, but I have been dead 3 times and the color wheel-scheme is additive not subtractive..on the other side,
IOW, in the cosmos there are billions of colors, but still all have to COME from this basic color balance..as far as fractals can tell us.
Please u2u me if you like..

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon

Well, actually no, he isn't saying really that.

Without going too deep in color theory, let's think of a red ball... the color we see (red) is the color the ball REFLECTS away: so, the ball doesn't "keep" the red, it reflects it. Since red is reflected, probably the ball "keeps" with itself the opposite to red, that is cyan.

So, we see the ball red colored, but probably its true color is cyan.

Apply this reasonment to your favourite color, thinking of why it is your favourite one and how it does affect your personality.

As far as i'm concerned my favourite color is black... so a black object should be white instead (since it keeps all the colors and reflects none)... and so... so this means i'm a good guy... oh no, what a delusion!!!

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

As far as i'm concerned my favourite color is black... so a black object should be white instead (since it keeps all the colors and reflects none)... and so... so this means i'm a good guy... oh no, what a delusion!!!

You are a funny guy.ROFL!! As far as i'm concerned my favourite color is
green and I loathe magenta in color correcting, BUT magenta is soothing to me, so I have gotten used to it being around..I suppose you know that red is the strongest color known on Earth or in the Universe?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Lol, thanks man!

Uhm, i think i've heard something about the strength of red, but i don't quite remember it... so far, my knowledge about colors is more technical than spiritual of psichological, because of some graphical studies i performed at school, and of course colore theory was one of the basis.

Honestly, tho, i thought the "strongest" color was white, because of its "position" in the spectrum (sp?) scale... but thinking of red, i think i can start to see your point... for example, i suppose the color of our blood isn't a coincidence, is it?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Honestly, tho, i thought the "strongest" color was white, because of its "position" in the spectrum (sp?) scale... but thinking of red, i think i can start to see your point... for example, i suppose the color of our blood isn't a coincidence, is it?

Here is a good link that explains it better..red is the most abudant color to have been found by our ancestry..

www.colour-affects.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Am very surprised this has not created more commentary.
When one is at home or riding around, SEE the furnishings, automobiles, clothes as being the opposite color.It is fun and revealing.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Funny think happened via the phone..
My bank has discontinued checking accts, so I had to find a new bank.
I got a very funny Jewish man from NYC, and we talked about Dylan, NY humor, etc.
When it got to the part of what color checks I wished, he said what color checks do you use now? I told him yellow, then he said it is time for blue checks.Wonder what/who this guy was

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Found an interesting site on what the color wheel does and does not do.
Enjoy

r0k.us...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sparhawk said:

Well, if the opposite colour is kept when different shades of colours are reflected, methinks a black object would still be black?

OK, bear with me...

Ah, OK, maybe it would be white, which does bring up an interesting thought, all paint colours mixed would turn black if mixed equally (true?). So, it keeps all it's white light.

Hmmm? (we need a fist-on-the-chin smiley, the thinker, a smiley that does this:
THIS
This brings up weird thinkin'!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
As far as i'm concerned my favourite color is green and I loathe magenta in color correcting, BUT magenta is soothing to me, so I have gotten used to it being around..I suppose you know that red is the strongest color known on Earth or in the Universe?

I am right with you on this, siriuslyone! My favorite color is red, and when I saw my opposite color I actually shuddered. I hate cyan!! Horrific color in my opinion!! How strange is that??

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

www.straightdope.com...

I love that gorilla picture..AWESOME photography.
Here is a link that breaks down the difference in white and black and what mixes to make it..additive or subtractive is always what one starts with, and the primary colors.Nope, black has absorbed all the white.
This is not an easy concept..

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I am right with you on this, siriuslyone! My favorite color is red, and when I saw my opposite color I actually shuddered. I hate cyan!! Horrific color in my opinion!! How strange is that??

Yes, I know that feeling, especially in the fall when we see magenta trees.
But I promise it will soothe you out once you can say 'It is not so bad after all'

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Bump

I think this needs a bump, lots here and it is scrolling off.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

IHaving been on the 'other side' the skies are yellow and sand is black, try thinking of this as being the case we all observe..

[edit on 11-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

Is the other side you speak about the lucid dream state?If so I can assure you the sky is blue and the sand is grainy.The laws of gravity still apply though can be bended.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is the other side you speak about the lucid dream state?If so I can assure you the sky is blue and the sand is grainy.The laws of gravity still apply though can be bended.

No, it was when I was in one of my death experiences.Having had 3, this was the way I perceived it, and some colors we do not have on Earth.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Then I apolagise
I would love to know idf lucidity and near death/post death exps are related.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Then I apolagise
I would love to know idf lucidity and near death/post death exps are related.

Not that i know of, as LD and OBE are just a state of mind.
Personally, I do not care for either, as one time I did it, and could not get back into my body until my roommate helped talk me down.It can be dangerous. IHMO.

new topics

top topics

join