It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy is a psy ops campaign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I feel that the show "Jeopardy" is a conspiracy. I consider myself to be semi intelligent and at least somewhat competant in a broad range of knowledge. But when it comes to Jeopardy I just can not see how people can know some of the answers that they know and over such a broad range of topics.

I beleive Jeopardy is a psycholigcal operation to make the United States look superior.

People normally have specialized knowledge, not a mastery in such a broad range of topics.

Discuss,
(Yes i am serious)

[edit on 11-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've heard they are given a list of possible 'answers' before the show. Ill tell you what, if they have a category on the space program, meteorology, or chemistry there is no way ill get one of the answer wrong. They may even pick categories meant to stump some of the contestants as well as help them. Remember when Ken Jennings flew the the category about comic books? They knew he smoke that one.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I consider myself a fairly logical individual.....but as to the existence of this thread, the weird meter is beeping loudly....

Out of sheer boredom, my roomate and I ended up watching Jeopardy last night and he began stating exactly what you posted, jrod. So I am taken aback as to seeing your post. I initially was impressed that he had gotten off his butt and decided to register here, because I thought that your post was him (that's how similar the experiences are), but the logistics didn't coincide. Very odd indeed.....

As to the topic proper.....the human brain is an amazing reality. I can rail off answers in a broad range of subjects....especially when I'm in the mood to.....

Edit: Grammatical error...

[edit on 11-1-2006 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

As to the topic proper.....the human brain is an amazing reality. I can rail off answers in a broad range of subjects....especially when I'm in the mood to.....

[edit on 11-1-2006 by MemoryShock]

Me too, it seems at random times i can easily recall subjects and facts from my past that i have believed to have forgotten. I can also ramble of answeres to questions i did not know i could answer. It is very random...generally i consider myself to be an average person I have a decent gpa in college. The human mind is a wonderous thing, i believe parts of it are yet to be "unlocked" per say....maybe some people are already unknowingly on that track?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I consider myself a fairly logical individual.....but as to the existence of this thread, the weird meter is beeping loudly....

Indeed! This has been a topic of conversation in my circle also.

It seems as if sometimes a floodgate opens and it seems near impossible to miss the answers (or questions as it were) to seemingly obscure details of trivial information. I have been given the title 'master of useless information' by friends of mine because of it. So far the title has done nothing substantial for me.

Perhaps this is a way of seeking out potential psy ops candidates? I wonder if any of the big winners have been contacted by that division of the CIA? Do we have any Jeopardy winners among the pages of our ATS membership?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I agree sometimes it is amazing the amount of information you can retain.

But I also think that most of the information on Jeopardy I have never witnessed. Hard to retain information that you have never witnessed. Unless your going off ESP and psychic ability.

If it is as you say "they have the answers beforehand and have to try and memorize them", then yes that is a conspiracy.

Have you ever known anyone who has been on Jeapordy? I havent.

US GOV PSY OPS

I am a conspiracy theorist, mostly everything is a conspiracy to me. I live on what I know, I try not to assume. If I perceive the contestants on Jeopardy as suspiciously smart in answering questions, then I will beleive conspiracy.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I remember hearing on one of Art Bell's broadcasts years back about 'remote viewing' and the psy ops branch of the CIA. Could this be a screening tool for likely candidates? If people are cranking out answers to unlikely topics maybe there is a "gift" involved there, and "The Man"
needed to find a way to find the truly gifted in plain sight. Didn't the Jeopardy TV show come into vogue during the beginning of the Cold War (most likely when this program was initiated)? I know it was off the air for some time, but then sprung back up with increased popularity towards the close of the Cold War. After thinking about this, it seems a bit more plausible to me anyway. Pure conjecture though of course. I will research!!!

Maybe this is why when Fox Mulder witnessed an MIB, it was Alex Trebek!
:
Trust no one. Except maybe WOS!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The only actual conspiracy I see with Jeopardy is when I lump it together with all game shows. They are a way to entice the public with easy money.

If you consider the majority of game shows....they are all easy. Wheel of Fortune doesn't take a genius....The Price is Right decidedly does not take a genius......Reality Shows.....even Millionaire doesn't require an incredibly slick mind up to the $60,000 question. Indeed, Millionaire is all about offering a million and having people settle for a substantially less amountg of money, which is a good pay day for a half hours work.

So it is a way for people to watch and be satisfied with the fact that easy money is possible and in many cases transpose their identity on to the winners. It's a social tool.

I'm not seeing a psychic angle...I was merely weirded out by the timing of the thread in corrolation to real life......I never watch Jeopardy!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You are forgetting there are people out there that have edict (photographic) memory. Although I can no longer claim that I am one of them, I still can recall in detail books, shows, reviews etc that I read / saw / heard 30 years ago.
During my teenage years, my interests varied almost as much as the weather. So I read up on many subjects. When my wife came to the US with me, we would watch the Jeopardy show and I would answer the various questions with about a 90% accuracy. My wife berated me that I should go on the show and win some money.

The thing is not that these people know all this trivia, it is that they are able to recall it while under pressure and in front of an audiance.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I've heard they are given a list of possible 'answers' before the show.

Not sure about this one because if it ever leaked out that contestants were given such a list, it would cause quite a stir. But I have often wondered if the topics/questions were selected based on the contestants prior experiences, schooling etc. It wouldn't make for a very interesting game show if people were not winning lots of money.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

Originally posted by jrod
I've heard they are given a list of possible 'answers' before the show.

Not sure about this one because if it ever leaked out that contestants were given such a list, it would cause quite a stir. But I have often wondered if the topics/questions were selected based on the contestants prior experiences, schooling etc. It wouldn't make for a very interesting game show if people were not winning lots of money.

Not according to my high school physics teacher. He went on the show in 1995 (I think, I was a junior in his class then). He spent several days discussing his experiences (and trying to make lessons from them). Never once did he ever mention getting the answers ahead of time.

He did tell us that if you buzz in too soon, you are penalized by having a slight delay put on your buzzer for the next question. That may be why you might notice that it seems like people are buzzing like crazy, they don't light up.

Also, as further evidence of no foreknowledge, he gave, perhaps, the DUMBEST answer in the HISTORY of a Jeopardy Daily Double.

I'll never forget it. He got the following answer:

This country has the world's lowest birth rate: 0.

His response (after an agonizingly long time, during which he made some very amusing faces):

Uhhhhh....I don't know....what is China?..?

CHINA!?!?!?!?!

The world's lowest birth rate!?!?!?! CHINA?!?!?!?!

I almost fell out of my chair, and I was in high school. I'm sure he just panicked, though.

The correct response, BTW, would have been:

What is The Vatican?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well to bump an old topic. I have watched Jeaopardy lately out of curiosity to try and prove conspiracy and I still can't see how the contestants can get the majority of the answers. There are ridiculous questions that I would never be able to answer unless I had read a book on the specific topic. Their knowledge of kings, quenns, people I have never heard of is kind of suspect.

I still support conspiracy. Maybe they are using some kind of subliminal messaging to give people answers. Maybe they are beaming the answers in low frequency sound waves that the brain can pick up but never "hear" in the traditional sense.

Something is up and until somebody I know gets on the show, I think jeaopardy is a bunch of BULL.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just think some people have a nack for remembering tidbits from things they've read, heard, or seen over their lives. For instance, my mom is 56, and she answers questions on jeopardy with high accuracy, does the New York Times crossword everyday in no more than an hour, and reads like 2 books a week. I know I look at those crosswards and I wonder how she knows some of those answers. Although some answers are freebies. For instance myself, I wouldn't say I know a lot about one thing, but I know a little about a lot.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They're given the topics ahead of time, not answers. How embarrassing if none of the contestants got the answers right.

Besides, not all that amazing anyways. On a good day I can nail nearly every question and I know others that can too. I guess I'm a bottomless pit of useless knowledge. LOL, years ago my mom and sister used to tell me I should do the show. I'd tell them no way, as soon as the cameras turned on I'd turn to stone with a deer in headlights look on my face.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The only actual conspiracy I see with Jeopardy is when I lump it together with all game shows. They are a way to entice the public with easy money.

I feel it all goes as far back as the Romans, when it comes to games and contests. Chariot races, Gladiatoral matches, even mock naval warfare in the big enough colloseums have simply turned into the Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy of today. It's just one of the many methods used by leaders throughout time to distract the populace from some of the more troubling aspects of their times.

Keep the masses happy, and that makes manageing them much easier, for the Romans it let them focus on Imperial expansion, and some argue it may serve the same purpose for us today. That is another arguement for another day

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
During my teenage years, my interests varied almost as much as the weather. So I read up on many subjects. When my wife came to the US with me, we would watch the Jeopardy show and I would answer the various questions with about a 90% accuracy. My wife berated me that I should go on the show and win some money.

I agree with this. It sounds like kenshiro falls into my assessment of a good Jeopardy contestant - a college educated, or self educated person. They should be able to answer about 80%-90% of the questions, even without eidetic imagery.

It's amazing what the human mind can recall. As mentioned, any limit is mostly due to a case of the nerves under the spotlights.

new topics

top topics

join