It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do aliens look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't it make since that instead of aliens looking like "greys" or reptiles that they would follow the same biological evolution path as we did and look more like us? I guess in some cases with different atmospheric conditions and planetary conditions they could look different, but I think that if any other Earth like planets exist then it would look quite similar.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think we had this topic last week.

Anyway. Since any alien coming to earth is a preposterous notion to many, what they look like should be less preposterous to assume if we accept that they actually are visiting this planet.

I at least suspect that there are greys, human looking type, human looking type with grey/pasty skin, and reptilian skinned typed. This is what Bob Dean claims that NATO knew about as of 1964 and right now I have no reason to doubt him.

If you can believe Clifford Stone, there were 57 known types as of 1989 that he knew about. Most were humanoid in appearance. His past is more shakey than Bob Dean's, so I have more doubts as to his claims. However, he has not been proven any sort of fraud like Bob Lazar as of yet.

As I stated above, some aliens do apparently look like humans or almost like us. Convergent evolution theories could explain it, but I doubt it. There must be some lineage between whatever aliens there are and earth born humans.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I used to think Grays (the only type of aliens I used to know of), was like an advanced type of human. Like maybe looking like us in 200,000 years?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I agree with the Grey theory you brought up.
Im not gonna bet a piece of grass on it, but its dwelled in my mind before.

Im sure and Alien would look exactly like an Alien.

Thiers no telling what they would look like,
Everything from us to something in our wildest imagination.
Dee[

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The only way humans will change in appearance through natural evolution now is if some gigantic cataclysm happens that wipes most of us out. Even then, I'm not sure evolution could take place given how successful humans have been at manipulating their environment. Evolution stops whenever a species gets too successful. Roaches and crocodiles are examples of this fact. Perfection is not messed with by nature. Man will likely do the same and not fool with it.

The only way humans could be greys, IMO, is through artificial evolution through gene manipulation. My only question is why do this? Our brains are patterned to only accept how current human standards look. If we were to change ourselves into greys, it would only be due to some immense tragedy in which life could only be sustained through the alteration of our physical appearance. Humans would not go adjusting their looks without reason.

IMO, whenever artificial evolution takes place, the only thing man will change about himself is the range of body types and limit it to a more "perfect" state. As is glorified in the media with very skinny and buff humans. We will not alter ourselves into little grey freaks unless we really, really have to.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Heh, I brought this topic up last week

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Definetly, I would have to go with the Grey theory.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
my vote is for dragons and other mythical beasts of lore. they all have the same descriptions too, these serpents and serpent derivatives. some of the common similarities recorded in myth and ancient culture as well as modern folklore include

-glowing red eyes
-albino white skin

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If we are talking about intelligent aliens that will be able to travel to us because if we are not its like asking what an animal looks like.But if it where an intelligent alien it would have a hand with a thumb and a high brain capacity its what humans have and some animals have one or the other such as whales or apes.But aliens i think would have the sameish body shape as us maybe the senses they have would be tuned into there world differntly to see in darker conditions etc and hair and skin tone would be differnt.Such as reptillian skin.But as said before the only evolution one can make from here is to change hair ammount skin colour without altering our genes which i belive will happen.

top topics

join