It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Gets Bird Flu After Kissing Chicken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sumeyya Mamuk considered the chickens in her backyard to be beloved pets. The 8-year-old girl fed them, petted them and took care of them. When they started to get sick and die, she hugged them and tenderly kissed them goodbye. The next morning, her face and eyes were swollen and she had a high fever. Her father took her to a hospital, and five days later she was confirmed to have the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu.

Link: www.breitbart.com...

I had not seen this article on the board yet and thought it would be of interest due to the girl being successfully treated with Tamiflu. I will continue to look for follow-up articles to see if and when she is released from the hospital. I wonder why children in some of these countries have not been educated on bird flu, especially since many of the family flock is in extremely close contact with children, and in some cases, living with the family. Again, the article states that children are the most affected.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
thanks for the good link this is very intresting thx for the link sacrifice. does anyone know how much a full treatment of tamaflu costs? so we have all learned a very valuable lession if your gona kiss a chicken use protection.

new topics

join