It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair Wants Iran Brought Before the UN Security Council

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Truth is plain and simple: Israel wants to remain the only nuclear power in the Middle-East. They will stop at nothing. They bombed Iraq in the past.

Their friends at the UN will do anything asked of them in this crusade. "Bomb Iran for opening up a high energy/nuclear research program? No problem!"

Friends at the UN? You mean the US? Whom else would you count among Israel's friends?

IAEA wants everything the IRanians are doing put on ice until negotiations can be met, but it took Iran about 2 years to figure out that the negotiation plans include keeping those nuclear ambitions on ice FOREVER. So there is no chance that this works out the way the IAEA or anyone at the UN (excluding Iran) wants it to.

If you count nuclear weaponry, you're probably right. If you mean, nuclear energy only, with acceptable inspections then you're probably wrong.

Hopefully for the Jews Sharon will come out of his stroke and hear that no progress has been made. Drop the bombs will be the call given. Iran won't fight back, but I don't think it is going to stop them from opening up another research facility and launching a vicous pr campaign.

Well, vicious pr never killed anybody. And "research facility" sounds so benign; like developing a better toothbrush.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My thinking is that since Iran has been in talks its been an up and down situation on both sides of the talks. Now, I understand that the UN does have to do the "by the book" process of trying to get Iran to understand how delicate this situation is.

As of 01/12/06 at around 11am CST: The news story is that Iran is coming to a Dead End conclusion. Meaning that they are going to the security counsel...ooooo ahhhhhhh....whatever, this counsel is a joke. They will try and yell at Iran and kick and scream but I for one think that Iran is going to do something that we a thought he might do anyway becuase of the bad blood between Isreal.

BUT!

What if this happens during the cousel talks: Iran says Screw you guys, I am going home and turns around and sees that his path is blocked by MP's. He is arrested.

Do you think that Iran would without its leader attack nuclear?

IF Iran does attack Nuclear then we will all have to say our goodbye because just the the radioactive material in the air can drift and travel across the globe.

So question one is:
Do you think this will end in nuclear fall-out?
Question two is:
Do you think that they already have some capablities to launch a nuclear weapon?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller
BUT!

What if this happens during the cousel talks: Iran says Screw you guys, I am going home and turns around and sees that his path is blocked by MP's. He is arrested.

Do you think that Iran would without its leader attack nuclear?

IF Iran does attack Nuclear then we will all have to say our goodbye because just the the radioactive material in the air can drift and travel across the globe.

So question one is:
Do you think this will end in nuclear fall-out?
Question two is:
Do you think that they already have some capablities to launch a nuclear weapon?

Well, the leaders never go to the negotiations, they send ambassadors and representatives. They only attend if there is something monumentally historic to sign, for the photo op.

But, to answer your questions,
1. No way, not from Iran. They will never be permitted to go that far.
2. Well, it's fair to say they are over half-way there. But it's like a (US) football game: the last 20 yards is the toughest. That's why it's called the Red Zone.

Btw, that nutcase Ahmadinejad is the president but not the real force in Iran; that honor belongs to the mullahs. AtoZ is just a figurehead.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Btw, that nutcase Ahmadinejad is the president but not the real force in Iran; that honor belongs to the mullahs. AtoZ is just a figurehead.

Bingo, I find so funny all the propaganda against the president of Iran when the man is just a figure.

Perhaps somebody should bring the names of the real power behind the government in Iran

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Some info can be found here:

Largely unknown or ignored by the mainstream press is the way the current Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and his unelected Guardian Council retains total control over all aspects of life in Iran.
Iran

That was pointed to from this link

Ruling Mullahs in Iran: Delivering Armageddon
Original link

which was the original link I supplied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join