It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raymond vs. Seinfield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok...

I am putting up Everybody Loves Raymond up against Seinfield in a 10 round battle of bare knuckle boxing.

Probably two of the greatest shows in recent years. I put the vote to the members of ATS.

Ray or Jerry... Who's it gonna be!

I think Ray knocks him out in the first round!

Who takes the win for you?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Raymond might be your blue collar average joe, but he's still just a writer. I'd say Jerry has an advantage on him, besides living in New York City, he also is a thief (stole a marble rye) and also spent about 8 months in jail.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How does being a theif, living in NYC and going to jail make him better?

I am talking of the actual shows here, and I was using a boxing analogy to bring some humour into the thread.

Im not talking of Ray actually fighting Jerry

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ah lol, I thought you really meant if Raymond and seinfield started fist fighting, which would be ammusing to see on Celebrity Boxing 3, I'm sure.

I'd say Seinfield would win, simply because its blasphemous of everything decent and good, and larry david wrote it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't get Everybody Loves Raymond. It is total rubbish. I mean, I don't go for american sit-coms like that, but Seinfield was FUNNY, The Larry Sanders Show was FUNNY. Raymond is just a muppet. A better name for the show would be: "No one gives a damn about that cold wet sap Raymond, and don't get me started on his 'comedy' brother"

[edit on 11/1/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Implosion,

We all have our opinion, but just because you dont see him as funny doesn't make him... Not funny. Raymonds humour is no different than Seinfields. It is that same simple humour that you run into in daily life. His is more focused on relationships with spouses and family, where Seinfields was almost strictly friends.

I see the two of them as the same type of comedian. Anyone else see this connection?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Seinfield knocks Raymond, easy.
Brilliant, just brilliant.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Does nobody appreciate this show?

I didnt get into myself until about a year ago as it was ending, but I mean these reruns are priceless. I picked up a couple seasons on DVD already. Maybe I put him up against the king.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I gotta go with senfeld here. Greatest comedy show ever(even better than the three stooges, which I love). I would put Rays dad up against Georges dad, now that would be a contest, they both split my sides.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
All right, I think I'd like to start a "class action law suit" against that "Everyone Loves Raymond" television show. The fact is everyone does not love Raymond. In fact, I detest that show and I destest Raymond. So where do I find a lawyer that will help me inititiate this legal case? Can anyone remember the name of that lawyer who defended Kramer against that cafe on the Seinfeld show. He's definitely the guy that I want in on this case.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Jackie Chiles at your service for your class action law suit. This case is irrefutable, unbelievable, irrestistable! I like it, lot of money in it. You got youself a deal, just, don't put the balm on.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"A Chinese balm? Who told you to put on a Chinese balm? A Maestro? A Maestro told you to put on a Chinese balm?"
- Jackie Chiles

Both shows are hilarious. I'd give a slight edge to Seinfeld.

If you don't think Brad Garrett is funny, and you ever have a chance to see him in person, I'd bet you change your mind. He was necessarily reined in pretty good on Raymond. Given the chance to just riff, he's as funny as anybody I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Seinfeld. Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld.

But Scrubs beats Seinfeld.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ELR- Tried it, didn't like it, I didn't find it funny at all.
Sorry, to me the show sucks, I'm not everybody I guess.

Seinfeld, One of the all time funniest shows ever!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Both shows were great..

I felt more connected with Everybody loves Raymond.............family situation and all.....mums and mother in laws.....pretty funny, i thought!

Seinfeld was pretty much about having friends and going out and trying to keep a girlfriend and all of that.....

helen

new topics

top topics

join