It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Forgive Me If I Ever Have Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
MY RANT TO THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE...
These are MY opinions for MY choices for MY LIFE only...
I do not judge YOU!
This is a snippet of my inner dialogue.
I AM NOT REFERRING TO ANYONE BUT ME!

People look at me strangely when I tell them that having children is one of my greatest fears in life.
"You'll grow out of that when you meet the right girl..."
"Don't you want to continue the bloodline?"
"Having my child was the greatest event in my life..."

yada, yada, yada...

Not for me. No way! I pray I never change my mind.

For me, the world... life... is at least 51% negative.
This world, in 2006, is unbalanced. The Yin has become to overbearing. The Yang has begun to give way to the Yin's momentum. Good has given way to an underlying evil force, in general.

This means that my child, upon facing reality, will be mostly unhappy with the state of humanity and reality.
UNLESS DISTRACTED or DELUDED.
Lets face it...
While most people are gazing at the "most beautiful sunset", or enjoying a precious loved one's marriage, children are starving, genocide, fear and greed prevail.
"I know that's a beautiful sunset sir/madame, but behind you the greedy are feeding off the blood of the innocent!"
What's that?
Unwilling to turn from your picturesque view?
Well, can't say I'm surprised!
Reality is scary! 2 bad you are UNABLE to face it!

I WILL NOT SELFISHLY FORCE ANOTHER SOUL INTO THIS PERVERSE ORDERED CHAOS (ordo abchao anyone) strictly for my own satisfaction!

Can you guarantee your child's happiness?
Can you officially admit that because you pulled it into this universe, that you are responsible for every single act this child makes till you die.
Did you have a baby for the babies sake, or because I/WE WANTED TO HAVE A BABY...

Of course you can.

I could NEVER!

"BECAUSE WE WANTED ONE..."

SELFISHNESS!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I know exactly what you're saying. I'm still young to really consider having children yet, as I'm only 17.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the adoption side of things. The way things are at the moment in the World, I don't think I could live with myself for bringing another life into this place.

I just hope that in ten years time, the World is a better place.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And I'll tell you something else; It's OK not to have children because they don't fit into your lifestyle. It's not selfish, just reality. Even if the world was Pee Wee's fun house; I wouldn't have kids.

I hear my friends with kids tell me; "well if you had kids , you would love them." Sure I would but I also would resent them when the bones are on the flats in Belize and I couldnt go because they had confirmation or some other kid thing.

I'm not buyin into the American cliche of house, car, wife and 2.4 kids.

I really don't care what anyone does as long as they leave me alone.
I wouldn't dream of trying to convince others that my way is the right way.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
I do not judge YOU!

People look at me strangely when I tell them that having children is one of my greatest fears in life.

yada, yada, yada...

This world, in 2006, is unbalanced. The Yin has become to overbearing. The Yang has begun to give way to the Yin's momentum. Good has given way to an underlying evil force, in general.

This means that my child, upon facing reality, will be mostly unhappy with the state of humanity and reality.
Lets face it...
While most people are gazing at the "most beautiful sunset", or enjoying a precious loved one's marriage, children are starving, genocide, fear and greed prevail.
"I know that's a beautiful sunset sir/madame, but behind you the greedy are feeding off the blood of the innocent!"
What's that?

I WILL NOT SELFISHLY FORCE ANOTHER SOUL INTO THIS PERVERSE ORDERED CHAOS (ordo abchao anyone) strictly for my own satisfaction!

Can you officially admit that because you pulled it into this universe, that you are responsible for every single act this child makes till you die.
Did you have a baby for the babies sake, or because I/WE WANTED TO HAVE A BABY...

Of course you can.

I could NEVER!

SELFISHNESS!

your choice if you want kids or not. Dont bother listening to people who try to pursuade you into doing something you do not wish to take part in.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
YEAH!
I thought "ignorance" would try to rip me for saying it...
Just words from the heart, my children....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You say that one of the greatest fears in your life is "having children". Well, you are right in stating this as one of your greatest fears. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Having children AND raising them IS the most important and difficult thing that you will ever do in your life! Don't believe all of those cute and clever television shows that depict family life and raising children as some sort of hobby or secondary occupation to, well, living your life to the fullest. Having children and raising them can easily be equated with a life long venture into self-sacrifice. It is hard...very hard.

At the age of 45, I remarried. I married a woman who had two young boys from a previous marriage. Never having had children before, I came into the relationship with a lot of preconceived notions that raising children would be easy. Man, was I wrong. It is life-changing, all consuming and often thankless.

I will state, however, that raising children is enriching in ways that are indescribable. After six years, I find that I have grown to be more mature, more thoughtful and I have grown spiritually and emotionally as a man...as a human being. While there are definitely pros and cons to raising children, having been on both sides of the parental fence, all I can say is that I should have had children long ago. I might have "grown up" long before my fifties.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
theBLESSINGofVISION ... first let me say I love the name and I feel it does U even MORE justice after reading this post

Secondly, U are not alone in feeling this! I do and I am made to feel like I'M the deluded one! When I certainly do not feel I am, I feel I am being alot more realistic than most who are popping babies out for a government check or their own selfish requirements.

And one of those being exactly what U said, simply because they WANT one, forgetting to consider exactly what they are bringing this soul into.
I think it is vital to really think through taking this step and alot of people don't do it, they just do it because they feel they should.

Granted, it is what we are meant to do, and most do a great job but I am seeing a downhill slide in the standard of how children are raised today.

I personally think every birth should be monitored and parents-to-be take some form of test (to at least show they are sane and normal lol).

Think about it before U think I am being melodramatic ... U need a licence to own a dog but anybody can pop a baby out, and nobody see's anything wrong with this picture ?! And then U read about the sick things some (and in alarming numbers) people are doing to their kids or just look at the attitude kids today have, towards their parents (no respect) drugs (who isn't doing em these days?) sex (apparently being a whore is cute and STD's are fun!) jobs (who needs to work when my parents will support me/I can deal crack/I can bum off other people or welfare?) etc etc ...

I also see alot of neglect from parents regarding educating and street smart'ing their kids, vital stuff to kids growing up.

The future just looks very grim in my eyes and I don't think I could voluntarily bring another life into the world as it is today and where it looks like it's heading in the future ... down the toilet basically.

At this stage I am still not convinced I will bear any and that is really sad because I would love to be a momma and think I'd make a great one
but I feel I'd be doing the right thing in not going that route as opposed to going ahead and "hoping" for the best.

I just feel there are enough people taking the plunge and messing up lives without another contribution, as sad as that is, I usually say that in a joking way but unfortunately there is alot of truth in it.

So yeah don't let em make YOU feel like you're disillusioned BLESSING, because alot of folks these days are just that in thinking that life just works out and all they had to do was make the baby. I see nothing wrong with how U feel on this issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Of course he is not alone in feeling this. Pessimists rule, while optimists are few and far between. For good reason too, but that depends, again, on whether you're perceiving the world from an optimistic view or a pessimistic view. The world has been, and always will be a place where your perception of said world will determine how you feel about it. Ever since the dawn of time, there have been attrocities and blessings. While one cave man was sitting in his cave near the fire eating a hunk of meat, another cave-man was being mauled by who knows what. It has always been like this, and it always will be like this. While caring about people is certainly important, you can't let the fact that others are suffering beyond your control stop you from being happy in your own life. It's not "being blind" or "pulling the wool over your eyes" to live a happy life. It's a choice.

I'm not trying to come down on you or anything, just trying to make you feel a little better I guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
I do not judge YOU!

yada, yada, yada...

Lets face it...
What's that?

Of course you can.

I could NEVER!

SELFISHNESS!

another quote

“When I was a child, my speech, feelings and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways.”

When we are young we depend on others to get us things. We we grow up and start thinking on our own it is i who desides if ill be happy. Some people are happy with enough, often times like in the U.S. people want more than what is enough and sometimes this is what causes us unhappyness.
When i was younger i ran way with some one thinking that id be happy, after looking back and seeing how it afected my life i want do it again.But then again i wouldn't have done the things ive done if i hadn't.

p.s.

im so sorry i lost the point some were up at the top lol

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well...
I think it is just something that some will understand...
And others never will...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
People look at me strange when I say having children is not a priority in my life. I work full time, I have my cats as my children, and I also have an elderly mother who, though far from senile and incompetent, can be worse than having a child. Besides, at her age I'll be changing HER diapers in a few years.....:shk:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I love my kids but I agree that WAAAY too many people have them. They aren't friggin toys for chrissake! Once you have a child, you can no longer choose to not be that child's parent. You can, of course, run away and abandon and ignore them, but in twenty years when asked about their parents, they will simply say that their Dad/Mom was a jerk and who ran off on them. You can be a good one or a bad one but once you are one, its just the adjective that can be changed...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
But theBLESSINGofVISION, think of your kid as your way to wreack havoc back on the world! REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD!

new topics

top topics

join