It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FRom UFO History:Giant UFO spotted over Yukon, 1996

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
From UFO history: MASSIVE UFO SIGHTING IN YUKON TERRITORY, 1996

From the CUFOS/UFO Coalition publication "Giant UFO in the Yukon Territory" by Martin Jasek:
"On December 11, 1996 an incredible "UFO event" took place along a 340km stretch of the Klondike and Silver Trail Highways in the Yukon Territory, Canada. The sightings occured in four major areas: Fox lake, The village of Carmacks, the village of Pelly Crossing, and the village of Mayo, each having 6, 9, 8, and 8 witnesses respectively. This total of 31 people is a minimum number and only includes those identified to the investigator by name. There were other witnesses (or vehicles) reported on the scene...
"The majority of witnesses were awed by the giant size of the UFO and some related it to the dimension of a sporting arena.... This comparison is conservative, as... A reasonably accurate estimate of the size of the UFO was accomplished through triangulation [of observed data]."

The report goes on to state that the UFO was between .88 and 1.8 km long. It was a large 'saucer' or 'disk' type, though its top or dorsal area was dome shaped, while the bottom was flat. Essentially, a truck driver first noticed it as it crossed Fox lake, then began to fly in a path parallel to the highway he was on. As it progressed, several more motorists noticed it and pulled to the side of the road to watch it fly by. One man described it as being so large that he had to turn his head to see it in its entirety... that is, it was so long that, at close range, he could not take in the whole sight of the thing.

Some discrepencies regarding the size occured because, as it was flying, the lighting pattern on its 'outer hull' or fuselage began to change... thus, though a carefull observer would note that its true shape had not been altered, its illuminated profile was. Still, even with 'lights out', the craft appeared to be at least half a mile in diameter.

A reasonably accurate idea of the shape was determined because witnesses reported seeing it ftom both 'head on' or abaft angles and from directly below it (those seeing it from below noted it was indeed circular and appeared to have a glowing, rotating 'ring' under it.

The most mysterious part of this extended sighting was, perhaps, the repeated 'beams' or searchlights the craft sent out. Several witnesses reported seeing concentrated lights that, emanating from the sides and bottom of the craft, pointed directly at remote spots in the woods. Several beams were reported as 'sweeping' areas near the craft while -- in an even stranger and arguably more disturbing vein -- other beams pointed directly down into individuals who had stepped out of their cars.

So what was this thing? Most UFOs that cannot be identified as natural phenomena or aircraft are usually small, very fast, and avoidant of humans (though there have been many cases where UFOs followed aircraft). This thing obviously noticed that it was being spotted by human observers.

Was it a secret government transport dirigible (as many of the 'Big Black Deltas' spotted over the years are said to be)? Well, it never made any attempt at stealth... and, due to the fact that lights abounded across its fuselage or hull, it doesn't seem to be mostly a giant gas bag.

Was it natural phenomena? Well, it did point lights AT people for extended periods, which I believe rules out ball or heat lightning.

My conclusion is that it was a piloted extraterrestrial craft. So, why would they make such a show if they're still trying to remain secret? Well, one theory could be that they want to gradually expose themselves to humans. Part of such a 'familiarization' could involve creating obvious and unimpeachable UFO sightings among relatively large populations in rural areas. You see, a massive sighting in a developed, urban area would be so obvious as to directly be taken as contact... while common UFO sightings by one or two rural people are dismissed as hoaxes. A large sighting in a rural area, on the other hand, is both believable and remote, which serves the purpose of intriguing the larger population while not scaring it.

Or... The UFO could have been in distress of some sort... or on a mission to retrieve ETs from the woods of Canada. Any ideas?

PS pardon my spelling. I type this up while watching the Bears lose. Also, I got my info from a written publication... So I'll drop by later with internet links.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hmmm... It was fairly big, and out of the way of most watchful eyes. My immediate conclusion is that this is not government created technology simply due to its size and method of travel. I'd say its definitely something from outer space. I don't see the need for governments of the world to create such strange vehicles and not report on them unless they plan something truly nefarious.

Though of course when you have all governments of the world denying the very existence of these vehicles, then you can likely do as you please and pass it off as the witnesses hallucinating or misinterpreting a natural event. This is how the even larger chevron shaped craft that went over Phoenix Arizona in 1997 that was witnessed by at least a thousand or more people was passed off as nothing more than flares with people accepting that as the final answer.

I have no idea why extraterrestrials or governments would want to do odd things like this, but then I'm not in on their secrets or train of thought.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is a serious UFO sighting, with multiple witnesses. No one wants to talk about it? I fear the 'What if aliens are mean?" crowd has won the day in this forum

Here's some additional info on this very unusual sighting:
www.caus.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just watched a new video about this case.. and i have to say it was well done. worth the look, definatly credable

video.google.ca...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is certainly one of the most significant mass UFO sightings I am familiar with. It is documented in detail on the Yukon UFO website hosted by UFOBC.

Giant UFO in the Yukon Territory

A 40 page publication of the report with extensive photographs, drawings, witness reports, etc. , can be ordered from UFOBC:

Report on Giant UFO in Yukon Terr.

The investigator of the incident, Martin Jasek, will be giving a presentation at the upcoming UFO conference at the Telus science centre in Edmonton, Alberta on Sept. 14 and 15. The conference is titled "UFOs and Intelligent Life in the Universe. Who's out there?" and will feature Stanton Friedman, Jesse Marcel Jr. and other speakers.

Edmonton UFO Conference

There is also another giant UFO account witnessed by twin sisters in the Yukon gold fields documented here:

Giant UFO in Yukon Gold Fields

A very interesting abduction incident involving a Yukon resident occurred in a remote area on a moose hunting trip in 1987:

Abduction on the North Canol Road

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

"My conclusion is that it was a piloted extraterrestrial craft. So, why would they make such a show if they're still trying to remain secret? Well, one theory could be that they want to gradually expose themselves to humans. Part of such a 'familiarization' could involve creating obvious and unimpeachable UFO sightings among relatively large populations in rural areas. You see, a massive sighting in a developed, urban area would be so obvious as to directly be taken as contact... while common UFO sightings by one or two rural people are dismissed as hoaxes. A large sighting in a rural area, on the other hand, is both believable and remote, which serves the purpose of intriguing the larger population while not scaring it."

I doubt if it was an alien craft they are gradually exposing themselves to a bunch of hayseeds in an attempt to further "soft disclosure", but whatever.

The problem I have with things like this is when you apply logic to it. There simply is no point in taking a craft that size into an atmosphere for "closer" observation. I mean, even with our primitive technology we can see and hear alot from space. Imagine what they have. They could zoom in, listen, intercept electronic signals, etc, all without the dangers of entering our atmosphere and risking exposure. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The problem I have with things like this is when you apply logic to it. There simply is no point in taking a craft that size into an atmosphere for "closer" observation. I mean, even with our primitive technology we can see and hear alot from space. Imagine what they have. They could zoom in, listen, intercept electronic signals, etc, all without the dangers of entering our atmosphere and risking exposure. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Respectfully, I don't think your logical assumptions have any merit. I appreciate the effort to guess their motives, but the truth is, if it IS an extraterrestrial ship we have absolutely no idea why they came so low, or why they were shining lights at people. Any guesses are just that; guesses.

Regarding the sighting, I would like to thank the OP for this, it is the first time have come across this particular case, and it makes a refreshing change from the 'other' threads. It does baffle me how many views this thread has had, and how few replies... I'd hate to think this board is more obsessed by fantastical CGI nonsense than the truly remarkable cases.

I will do some more reading on this one and come back in a while.

Flagged.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is nothing remarkable about this case, otherwise you would have heard about it before. Just another useless report that adds up to NOTHING.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hey, I tried to be polite, I meant no offence. I don't profess to be aware of every single sighting, I've been out of the loop for quite a while.

On Topic:
It's interesting how the object interfered with radios and electrical equipment, it's reminiscent of the UFO studies done by J. Allen Hynek. Remarkable indeed, I'm still watching the video.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
There is nothing remarkable about this case, otherwise you would have heard about it before. Just another useless report that adds up to NOTHING.

This is quite amusing coming from someone who goes by the moniker "IgnoreTheFacts". My first question for you might be, "Have you read through the website report before coming to this conclusion?"

One reason why someone would not have "heard of it before" is that they have not been doing much research. The incident is not completely unknown in UFO research circles. As an example, it was one of the incidents documented in Paul Kimball's recent documentary "Ten Best UFO Cases".

Perhaps one reason the incident has not been more discussed is that it took place in a remote northern part of Canada. Note that it was only briefly covered by local Yukon radio the day after the incident (which is quite typical for UFO sightings of any magnitude).

The official Canadian government response to the report, submitted by the Member of Parliament from the Yukon, was to pass it on to Chris Rutkowski, who is just another UFO investigator, with no comment from anyone in any Canadian government agency. Obviously there is no national security issue involved with the presence of highly advanced, giant air/spacecraft wandering through Canadian airspace.

I am quite certain that if you had been one of the witnesses to this event, the last thing you would be thinking is "this adds up to nothing".

join