It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline bans Bibles to avoid offending Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Intresting. Im not traveling to saudi anytime soon. Ive been pulled on the side many times at air ports and goten odd looks when I take out my roasry to put on the X ray or when im being searched and the metal dector goes off for my Crucifix around my neck on my ST don bosco medal.

I do think thats a bit to far. Who is to say that the muslums arent offending the christians?

well they do have thoes "new style" nifty crosses taht are shaped like an uppercase T. Im sure you coudl get away with that one.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
FOrgot what I really wanted to say.

I think I would be more offended as the muslums because I mean if you think about it they are saying... "All muslums are radicals and HATE christians and if htey see some christian paraphenilea they may go crazy and blow up our plane!"

thats just how I see it. maybe not that harsh but soemthing along thoes lines

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just curious but has anyone ever been on one of their airlines? What do their stewardesses wear? I highly doubt they have their faces covered because logic tells me it could hamper passenger safety. :shk:

Do they walk two steps behind every male passenger or stay two steps away from male passengers?

Stewardess to Male Passenger: Sir would you like a pillow?

Male passenger: well yes I would.

Stewardess: Sorry you are to far away and my religion prohibits getting any closer so I can't hand it to you

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Once again, THIS ONLY APPLIES OFF THE AIRPLANe, ONE THE GROUND.

READ this:

The airline's staff handbook says: "Prior to disembarking the aircraft all female crew will be required to put on their company issued abaya. It will be issued with the headscarf which must be worn."

www.worldnetdaily.com...

When on the airplane, they are on British territory, so they are not required to abide by any law but British law. When they are in Saudi Arabie, they are subject to SAUDI ARABIAN law, which means wearing the abaya, as all women are required.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There's a big difference between not offending others and respecting others. I'm afraid the world is coming to a place where people who lack the ability to respect others beliefs are contolling us by preventing offending them, in the name of respecting their beliefs (and it is not in any way shape or form limited to the discussion in this instance).

It's a fine and dangerous line we are treading at this point that ultimately will lead to more conflict than unifying I'm afraid.

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow, nearly 3 pages of people treating a story from a tabloid like it is true?

What next? The National Enquirer becomes a valid source on ATS?

Good grief, IMO this belong on the Folk Tales & Urban Legends board.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If the story is true or if the scenario happened then to be fair I think any muslim passengers traveling to the west should be told that the Koran has been banned and they should not try to observe any of their religious customs because it may offend the christians in the West. If they don't allow tolerance, why should we? Equal punishment laws and an eye for an eye is what they preach. If they follow their own tradition of banning others people religion, then they should not practice theirs in our country. Of course we aren't like that and have tolerance written into our laws. I can see that Saudi Arabia is still living in the stone age and is a very intolerant country.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
When on the airplane, they are on British territory, so they are not required to abide by any law but British law. When they are in Saudi Arabie, they are subject to SAUDI ARABIAN law, which means wearing the abaya, as all women are required.

Well I can understand that but I still would like to know what happens when you are traveling on one of their airliners? Do all female passengers have to wear and abaya while on their airline. Using your logic they would have to abide by Saudi law right?
Also kindly explain how on earth any female could stay two feet away from male passengers while walking down the aisle keep in mind they are only around three feet wide.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Do you actually READ before you just spout off? It very clearly states, and I even bolded it for you, "PRIOR TO DISEMBARKING" which means BEFORE GETTING OFF THE PLANE WHEN IT'S ON THE GROUND. Nowhere does it state that when they're on the plane do they have to follow this rule. I even said WHEN ON THE PLANE THEY ARE ON BRITISH TERRITORY AND UNDER BRITISH LAW. Is it really this hard to understand???

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Do you actually READ before you just spout off?

Yes sir I do. I was addressing the questions I had posed in my ealrier post about Saudi airlines. One can only assume you missed it?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Shots, I would like to take this post to apologize for jumping all over you. I've had a lousy few days, and have been majorly stressed out and dealing with major problems in my personal life, and jumped all over you because of it. I am truly sorry for that.

As far as your question about Saudi airlines, and exemption is made in their law for the females to serve males, and not wear an abaya. It's a matter of safety over law. Most of the women are young, and fairly flexible thinking, and when they're off duty they wear the abaya and follow all the laws and customs, but when on duty an exemption has been made for them to not wear them.

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
IF this story is true why is that the blame starts on general Islam? These are arabic traditions, there is no mandate in the Qur'an that says women have to walk behind men.
Same goes for the hijab, again another tradition in Arabia that was later implemented by Muslims world-wide since the Qur'an only advocates to cover your private parts.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by shire19]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Just curious but has anyone ever been on one of their airlines? What do their stewardesses wear? I highly doubt they have their faces covered because logic tells me it could hamper passenger safety. :shk:

Do they walk two steps behind every male passenger or stay two steps away from male passengers?

Stewardess to Male Passenger: Sir would you like a pillow?

Male passenger: well yes I would.

Stewardess: Sorry you are to far away and my religion prohibits getting any closer so I can't hand it to you

Arrr but been on Royal Bruni Airlines, thay also have that islamic travel prayer thing, even when travelling to and from western nations. Mind you I always get stopped at islamic countrys various airports because of my religious symbols and I am a satanist FFS.

Too add, yes the thing about the Western Australian police adapting there dress code is true, WTF, I have aboriginal friends who say its BS, because do you ever see an aboriginal policeman in there traditional atire......nope. And now Australia is getting to the point I might aswell go back to the UK, atleast I can understand a brittish muslim when they talk to you. And where I work, they are taking over the joint, just my 2 cents.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Saldorri]

mod edit: Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 19-1-2006 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join