It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the pyramids of egypt be a door to the center of the earth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
See my whole problem with the believing the earth to be hollow, is that how does a planet form in such a way. I mean I know there are those rocks that havecrystals on the inside but are there any other geologic or natural structures that formed hollow, not that were solid and then carved out by some natural process but all together were hollow from the begining.

See when you think about it, makes a lot more sense for planets moons if formed by natural means to be solid as opposed to hollow which would require precise and perfect timing, energy, pull, and a number of other facets that wouldnt need to be as dead on altogether for a solid planet.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

See when you think about it, makes a lot more sense for planets moons if formed by natural means to be solid as opposed to hollow which would require precise and perfect timing, energy, pull, and a number of other facets that wouldnt need to be as dead on altogether for a solid planet.

Your statement about requiring a lot of energy and precise and perfect timing would make sense but, if you look at this theory of the earth being hollow

en.wikipedia.org...

it wouldn’t require all that stuff. If you look at this photo

en.wikipedia.org...:Hollow_earth_Leonhard_Euler.png

a theory presented by Leonhard Euler then it wouldn’t require all that. Because if say the center of the earth is a “star” or something of the nature, then wouldn’t that object draw gravity ? Thus creating a gravitational pull and attracting any solid object near it. Now say that the object has polarity, then that could explain why the two halves never connected. The negative and positive feedbacks wouldn’t create an expulsion of these objects, however two negative or two positive feedbacks would.. How would it obtain polarity, you might ask, well according to wiki all it would need to do was have lined up atoms.

en.wikipedia.org...

how would two negative and two positive feedbacks come about, you might ask. Well I figure that maybe because of the “inner star” it would create two separate, completely separate magnetism feedbacks. So there would really be four feedbacks but in the exact center two of the same are lined up, i.e. in the center two positive outputs would be facing each other, creating an expulsion. This could also explain the question of ,”if the earth is hollow, then where do the volcanic eruptions come from?” They could be results of magnetic repulsion pushing the crust out at an incredible speed, and in the process melting it, creating lava. Uh, I think all that makes sense, probably not but it was worth a shot.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
If there was a huge hollow under the pyramids, the pyramids would collapse.

This is "comic book" reasoning and science. If you do a bit more reading on the subject, you will find the evidence that the Earth is solid and... by the way... although the various pyramids have been looted (which is what happened to the bodies) there's plenty of evidence (funeral chapels, writings) that say people were once buried in them.

Rule #1: Before Making A Theory, Read A Lot Of Stuff Including The Science Stuff!

www.all-around-us.com...

look at that before you make such claims :0 this is quite funny btw when you click on play.

:0

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16

Your statement about requiring a lot of energy and precise and perfect timing would make sense but, if you look at this theory of the earth being hollow

en.wikipedia.org...

The page you just referred to describes the theory as being a load of complete rubbish, easily disprovable via observation (the last time I flew over the North Pole I did not see a huge hole) and lacking a credible explanation of how such a thing could have occurred.

Originally posted by spaceman16
This could also explain the question of ,”if the earth is hollow, then where do the volcanic eruptions come from?” They could be results of magnetic repulsion pushing the crust out at an incredible speed, and in the process melting it, creating lava. Uh, I think all that makes sense, probably not but it was worth a shot.

Please do some basic research into geology. Volcanoes are primarily found close to subduction zones, where one plate is being pushed beneath the other. The rocks in the subducting plate, especially the lighter minerals, melt at a certain depth and pressure and bubble upwards, forcing a way through the earth at weak spots and forming, eventually, a volcano. The Cascade Range in the USA is a great example of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I have also read about the various tunnels under the pyramids. I also beleive that with all the shafts, and decoration, that they took their burials seriously...
they are tombs... gone disney...

As far as the tunnels to the center of the earth... sorry to shatter the possibilities for you, but the science is very clear there...
we dont know the exact density of various levels of the core, but we know they are there...

We also know that if they weren't, we would float off into space.

That does not preclude the possibility that the earths inner surface is sponge like, with large voids...
It probably is, based upon our experience of the crust. We know that chemical reactions cause gas voids to develop, so there would be large chambers all over...

With this multi level cavern type system, a population far in excess of what is on the surface could survive...
but not for humans. We could only go so far down, before pressures caused us to implode (similiar to what happens in deep sea wrecks).
Also, with the exception of artificial light, and natural chemical reactions causeing light... it would be dark... and spooky... and hot....

and who wants to live where it is so spooky?

If i were looking for cavern dwelling alternative species...I would stop thinking along human type lines...
More like morlocks...

And a BTW... the original article for inner earth UFO's was not only a story put out by the SUN tabloid... it was debunked by the website you refered to...
so not even your reference article beleives the story... (and they were almost as wacky)

[edit on 28-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

keep an open mind, if they were hiding the truth about a hollow earth then what you just wrote is exactly what they would want you to believe.

im not saying it's true but im not saying it's not true either but what ''they'' thaught you in school is not a more reliable source then your own perception.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
The problem I have with the theory that a super advanced civilization built the pyramids is that lack of style and architecture to them. Its one thing to build the pyramid shape since it can weather the external forces much more effectively than many other designs, but what about the interior which is just small corridors and some rooms, if they were advanced and wanted to leave a mark showing how advanced they were then the interior of the pyramids should have palatial openings and a much greater level of design and engineering.

I saw a special sometime ago and it showed how the egyptians got the massive stones to were they needed, it was done by attaching wood semi-circles to the blocks on all four sides thus creating a full wheel so that they can be rolled as opposed to dragged or slid on rollers.

The theory could be held up of this by saying that the pyramids were built ontop of entrance-ways to the center of the earth b4 the egyptians came to be, and it was the egyptians who carved into and created the corridors and rooms in the pyramids with their limited capacity. The same could be said of the South American civilizations.

I dunno I mean the pyramids really arent that amazing, not like some of the temples in the mountains in nepal and that area of the world. But at the same time there does seem to be more to them than meets the eye.

they say that the pyramid's design is more complex then any buildings currently built which is prety impressive considering it's older.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
they say that the pyramid's design is more complex then any buildings currently built which is prety impressive considering it's older.

The Space shuttle is quite likely as complex as the great pyramid, though maybe not. But it is also impressive. The pyramid is amazing to me due to its design and precision. It is more durable than any modern structure, and incorporates complexity and design aspects that are very advanced. And, most important, after two centuries of attempts, no great scientist of the modern day has laid out a workable, unassailable blueprint of how we could, with all our modern technology, exactly duplicate the great pyramid. We probably could do it, just no one has yet shown how without someone finding flaws in the plan.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
no great scientist of the modern day has laid out a workable, unassailable blueprint of how we could, with all our modern technology, exactly duplicate the great pyramid.

No, but it could easily done with Bronze Age Egyptian technology - we tend to think too complicated
The real problem is that the climatic conditions in Egypt are very different and, despite frequent reqiests, I've yet to get one person volunteer for my army of 200,000 men to work 6 months a year for basic board and lidgeing over the next 20- year, so I can replicate the pyramids.....

That's why we can't build one today.

(Actually, I'd need about 200 years of practice as well, to hone my techniques ....)

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Essan, you must have a tremendous indepth knowledge of the great pyramid, if you can do that.
Do you?
Do you have all the various challenges solved?
It would have to be just as precisely built, which is far more precise than modern buildings are, by hundreds of times.
You may be able to do it, but if you can formulate a foolproof plan of how to do it all, you will be the first.
Let me know if you decide to. And I am anticipating learning a few things, which I have yet to see plausibly explained. If you want, use any and all technology money can buy, such as the world's biggest cranes, and best stone saws, as well as the best cad software to design it.
Or, if you feel really confident, plan it using Old Kingdom 4th dynasty technology, but that will make it exponentially more difficult.
I don't say its not possible, but I have my doubts that I will see a plan.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Could this lead to that...
Could antartica be the base of aliens...could the pyramids predict our future...

Its time people get a plane ticket and do some research.
(O.k. admittedly, I am as curious as you are, but we are in the same boat...no funds to go explore, and no trust to believe the governments view of things.)

So until we get some mucho denero together, probably we can speculate until the cows come home.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So true. But the one thing we almost all have available is literature. Libraries, borrowed books from friends, documentaries, even the dreaded 'net'. That is where I look for my information, and after I have digested as many tomes by the key historical figures and authors who have researched the subject, I take a stab at a theory. I have read likely a few dozen books on just the great pyramid, plus many more on other ancient megalithic structures in Peru, Mexico, etc.
In the end, as you say, I speculate. And until I read a chronological, detailed, well illustrated, game plan that I can't find fault with, I will not state that it is a certainty. Many great minds have not been able to do it, after decades of effort.
In the future, no doubt, one day, someone will publish a plan, and no one will be able to poke holes in it.
I would bet on that.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You may be able to do it, but if you can formulate a foolproof plan of how to do it all, you will be the first.

Obviously I won't be the first

But given the time and resources of the Egyptian pharoahs, and the centuries of prior experience and knowledge that Egyptian builders had amassed, it would be possible.

Now, if you can move Cairo for me, give me free reign over all of Egypt, provide me unlimited gold and arrange for my 200,000 men then away I shall go

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

which is far more precise than modern buildings are, by hundreds of times.

so you're saying this

is more precise than this (by hundreds of times)

now this is just a wild guess but you've never studied geometry and aren't currently employed as an architect are ya

I have read likely a few dozen books on just the great pyramid, plus many more on other ancient megalithic structures in Peru, Mexico, etc.

which books would these be
and who wrote them ?

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Marduk, yes, exactly. A hundred times closer to square percentage wise. At least a couple dozen times more for sure.... on average it is closer to 250 times.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

now this is just a wild guess but you've never studied geometry and aren't currently employed as an architect are ya

No, my architect friend says the great pyramid is stone age, its just a pile of rocks is how he put it.
Not a clue.
I am a fair tradesman in a number of trades, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The first one has potential. The builders who propose that tack sound like they have a sporting chance. Of course, they are giving a very rough, and very simplified account of what it would take. It has been my experience that the devil is in the details. They do not address many of the more complex aspects, but that is not necessarily a problem. Once they got all the right measurements, etc., they very well may be able to publish a plan which would include all the specifics. Remember, the original is very detailed and complex, and to give an overview like they do is great, but not a blueprint. They gloss over or don't cover most of the details. But it could work.
Okay, who has 2 billion.... overruns you know.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

thats at todays prices
in the ancient world before big business the only people who could afford that sort of cost were Royalty
and thats precisely what happened

its not enough to claim that we couldn't do it
when all the evidence points to the fact that we did
you have to come up with a more likely theory of who actually did it thats supported by evidence and provable
so far you haven't
what do you think ?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

you have to come up with a more likely theory of who actually did it thats supported by evidence and provable
so far you haven't
what do you think ?

But no one else has either, despite their vehement protestations.
I agree, I have not claimed to, and have always stated I don't know how it was done, that was my main point.
I would add, that you may believe you have a theory that is provable, but if so I have yet to see it. It is a good guess, I guess, but imo, there is evidence which disproves the currently accepted old kingdom theory.
For example, the erosion repair blocks said to date from Khafre's time, which were used to fix the Sphinx. If this is true, what does that mean? Erosion that severe in one lifetime?
I have not catalogued the books I have read on the Gizeh Pyramid in the last 25 years, but I have read quite a few. It was no tomb, and the builders were some kind of skilled designers, logisticians, and builders.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Obviously I won't be the first

But given the time and resources of the Egyptian pharoahs, and the centuries of prior experience and knowledge that Egyptian builders had amassed, it would be possible.

Now, if you can move Cairo for me, give me free reign over all of Egypt, provide me unlimited gold and arrange for my 200,000 men then away I shall go

You won't be the first, got me. Feel free to track down the originals and use them, but I think they are lost, or else the holder of them isn't talking. Ed Leedskalnin said he knew what they did, and if anyone knew, he did.
I can offer you more than what you ask, how about a couple thousand more years of experience and knowledge since they were built. They should be even better by far. But then, they actually got worse, it seems. They could build Ferrari's but then later, only Model T's. That in itself is quite bizarre, a skill getting worse over time.
I would help you if you could give it a go, but I am telling you, its a hard nut.
Read some Flinders-Petrie, or some other modern day researcher who spent decades just getting the measurements right.... It is a complex, precise, massive, and very advanced design, imo.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join