It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the pyramids of egypt be a door to the center of the earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
sensfan,
just how many mummies have been found in any of the pyramids? To date there has only been a foot but no full mummies have ever been found.
Yes they may have been monuments to the various pharohs / rulers in Egypt, but they are not tombs. Mummies have been located mostly in the Valley of the Kings anf not in the pyramids.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So, just out of curiosity did they ever find out anything about the foot? Like why it was there or how old it is, because why would there be a foot sitting in a monument or door or tomb (just a foot is kinda weird) which ever you believe. Or maybe they built the whole pyramid just to put the foot in it, okay that was not necessary but I had to say it, before anyone else did.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
I visited the Great Pyramid about a month ago! and I still can't make my mind up why they are there!

I too thought that they didn't use them as tombs? because thats what the valley of the kings is used for, But once I was inside the Great Pyrmaid the only thing that was in there was a coffin like object made out of stone in the centre of the pyramid. Nothing else???

I'm still confused???

It can be confusing, you just need to step back and look at the big picture. It is easy to look back at the Valley of the Kings, the Great Pyramid, the Sphynx, the Step Pyramid, The Rosetta Stone - and label them all collectively as 'Ancient Egypt'. What you have to remember though is that 'ancient egypt' literally spans thousands of years. It can be a tough concept to grasp when personly all we have to compare it with is our own life experience, a few measly decades (if that). Check out the timeline here.

Yes the Valley of the Kings was used for tombs, but not until a couple of thousand years after the Great Pyramid was built.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Donner]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
sensfan,
just how many mummies have been found in any of the pyramids? To date there has only been a foot but no full mummies have ever been found.

Check out my earlier post. They were origionally built as tombs, but the bodies were movied to the valley of the kings to try and thwart grave robbers.

Another reason why Egyptologists believe that pyramids were tombs is because the ancient Egyptian record explicitly states as much. For example, the Papyrus Abbott describes the inspection of "sepulchers of former kings" under Ramesses IX. The pyramid of 17th Dynasty Sobekemsaf II was inspected:

It was found, that the thieves had broken into it by mining work through the base of its pyramid, from the outer chamber of the tomb of the overseer of the granary of King Menkheperre (Thutmose III), L.P.H., Nebamon. The burial-place of the king was found void of its lord, L.P.H., as well as the burial-place of the great king's-wife, Nubkhas, L.P.H., his royal wife; the thieves having laid their hand upon them. The vizier, the nobles, and the inspectors made an examination of it, and the manner in which the thieves had laid their hands upon this king and his royal wife, was ascertained. [Breasted, Ancient Records of Egypt, IV.517]
www.catchpenny.org...

[edit on 17-2-2006 by sensfan]

[edit on 17-2-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So you’re telling me that the ancient Egyptians didn’t have anything else better to do than to build gigantic pyramids all day just to ward off robbers and thieves? Honestly you think they could have thought of a better plan. Either that or they were extremely paranoid.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen this guy before? I wonder if he really is going or if its just a scam to get people to give him their money.

(www.ourhollowearth.com...)

If anyones got a spare 18,000 I think you should go and tell us whats really up there.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Their is meant too be a Great Hall of Knowledge under the Great Pyrimid what was found but they dare open it for what power they would find some reason,It was a program about the KGB in egypt making discoveries.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Didn't they figure out the composition of the Earth's core by measuring it's gravitational effects? I mean, isn't it possible to figure the mass and density of an object when it's gravitational force and dimensions can be measured? That's how they figured Saturn and Jupiter to have solid metal-like hydrogen cores, no?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
yea i saw some program on the discovery channel a while back about that, and the first time the guy did it it was extemely off and the second time he did it they think he got the right thing, but that just proves that it could be wrong

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think this is a great topic and I can understand how the hollow earth theory came about. In Guatemala there are tunnels mapped under the temple/pyramid in Tikal. They extend 800 km- to the opposite side of the country! I read that there's a subterranean complex under the Giza pyramids. That there's a vast megalithic metropolis some 15,000 yrs. old that reaches several levels below the plateau. That it's complete with hydrolic underground waterways. It's said to have massive chambers proportionate to Our largest cathedrals and enormous statues carved in-situ. Researchers in dinghies are said to have crossed some of it's subterranean rivers and km wide lakes. I read it so long ago but I'll try to dig it up. Anyway, there are groups in Turkey that still live in underground cities. I don't think it's 'hollow' but can see where and why the theory came to be.

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You might wanna look up 'Seismic tomography' as well. In a nutshell, it's more or less the same method they use to locate oil deposits, by sending shockwaves into the ground and recording how long it takes for the waves to bounce back or come out the other side. Then using a computer they can build a 3-D map of what the inside of the Earth looks like, something like how a sonar or echolocation works.

I heard the picture it builds can be accurate to a resolution of 100 km. That may seem quite large, but the earth is pretty huge, more or less 40,000 km around the equator.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
have thye ever done that for the pyramids?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Turns out that some guy did that to the sphinx and found a secret passage way leading from the front right paw to the rear of the sphinx. No explanation of why it’s there but its there.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have also read about the various tunnels under the pyramids. I also beleive that with all the shafts, and decoration, that they took their burials seriously...
they are tombs... gone disney...

As far as the tunnels to the center of the earth... sorry to shatter the possibilities for you, but the science is very clear there...
we dont know the exact density of various levels of the core, but we know they are there...

We also know that if they weren't, we would float off into space.

That does not preclude the possibility that the earths inner surface is sponge like, with large voids...
It probably is, based upon our experience of the crust. We know that chemical reactions cause gas voids to develop, so there would be large chambers all over...

With this multi level cavern type system, a population far in excess of what is on the surface could survive...
but not for humans. We could only go so far down, before pressures caused us to implode (similiar to what happens in deep sea wrecks).
Also, with the exception of artificial light, and natural chemical reactions causeing light... it would be dark... and spooky... and hot....

and who wants to live where it is so spooky?

If i were looking for cavern dwelling alternative species...I would stop thinking along human type lines...
More like morlocks...

And a BTW... the original article for inner earth UFO's was not only a story put out by the SUN tabloid... it was debunked by the website you refered to...
so not even your reference article beleives the story... (and they were almost as wacky)

[edit on 28-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by km69
pyramids are tombs end of story....

Really? Where are the dead bodies that you normally find in tombs then?

The Giza pyramids contain no mummies of any kind.. NEXT>>>>

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Really? Where are the dead bodies that you normally find in tombs then?

The Giza pyramids contain no mummies of any kind.. NEXT>>>>

Because they were stolen or moved for safety... as has already been explained...

and as far as what they were for...
there are a lot of theories that surround the pyramids...
"if they were tombs" is not one of them...

is there some reason you are avoiding info that goes contrary to your claim?
being difficult for fun... are we?

as has been said... we can read ancient egyptian, and the stories we read tell us exactly that (they were tombs)

and for your link to the Kyufu tomb within the great pyramid
here:
read- pyramids are tombs- there ya go

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
You said that they moved the bodies and earlier in this post someone said they used the pyramids as a kind of safe guard. Hoping that the robbers would go there and find nothing. So if they took all these great lengths to protect their dead and belongings of the dead, who’s to say, they didn’t make up all the stories that our translators can read. As another safe guard.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Because they were stolen or moved for safety... as has already been explained...

and as far as what they were for...
there are a lot of theories that surround the pyramids...
"if they were tombs" is not one of them...

as has been said... we can read ancient egyptian, and the stories we read tell us exactly that (they were tombs)

and for your link to the Kyufu tomb within the great pyramid
here:
read- pyramids are tombs- there ya go

1. rudeness is not necessary.
2. There are NO writings found in the great pyramid indicating that it is a tomb nor are there in any of the other pyramids at Giza.. what little writing has been found was very amateur and out of place.. and was more in the style of graphitti than the writings that you typically find in a tomb of someone important. Go take a look at just a few tombs outside of Giza and you will see what I mean.. The tomb of Nefertari alone was so elaborate and she was only a Queen.. and you think that they buried the Pharoahs with that little bit of heiroglyphic chicken scratch as its only markings? The egyptian people had more respect for their leaders than that.
To say otherwise is an insult to the culture.. it is obvious to anyone that has the ability to use logical thought and do simple historical comparisons that the Giza pyramids were NOT tombs.. I don't care WHAT some internet website told you... the fact is... any story you find that they claim says they are tombs was not found in those pyramids because those pyramids are devoid of story.

Common Sense and logic.. that's all it takes..

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

1. rudeness is not necessary.
I don't care WHAT some internet website told you... the fact is... any story you find that they claim says they are tombs was not found in those pyramids because those pyramids are devoid of story.
Common Sense and logic.. that's all it takes..

Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. A discussion is an exchange of knowledge, an argument, an exchange of ignorance.
Common sense isn't.
It was my experience that the more in depth I studied the great pyramid, and learned the myriad minute, yet important, details of its design, the more inexplicable its construction became. I agree with Nefartari, especially considering the utter emptiness of the Giza Pyramid, virtually spotless. If it was just a decoy to mislead robbers....... that's the most expensive diversion of all time. I cannot imagine that considering the precision, which would be totally unnecessary for that purpose.
It is rare to find anyone with an indepth knowledge of the Giza pyramid anomalies who accepts it was either a diversion, or unused tomb. There are too many features that vastly increased the difficulty of its building, which we have no explanation for, nor connection to any of their funerary practices. If I was to guess, and I admit I am likely wrong, it is just a calling card, from pre 9 500 BC, just to say, 'We were here.'
It is such an amazing edifice, only an extremely advanced people could have designed and completed it to such a level of subtle, meticulous precision.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When you say “we are here” What exactly do you mean by we? Do you mean we as in aliens or other life forms or just the Egyptians making their mark on architectural history. (Kind of like the skyscrapers of New York) Because then that would make since but why leave it empty? Why not fill it with gold and other great things. I guess goes back to the first question. Are the pyramids of Giza doors to the center of the earth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join