It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Plans to Invade Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The only reason the U.S. hasn't invaded canada yet is because the rest of the world would be very mad at the US. The US could handle it with their armies, but they just don't need attention at this time. They have other things that they don't want other nations to know. Just find a theory on the US and you'll see.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Blah i still say it will never happon...theay are to good of allies/friends....and very large tradeing partners it simpley would never happon theres nothing good theay could possabley gaine exept a war theay cant aforde.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey StephenR before you post again, may i suggest spelling lessons?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well i said sorry for it....i no i dont spell stuff right but at least you get the idea of wut im saying...i no how to spell most things properley but i type to fast and to lazy to go fix stuff.....dose it really matter? long as you know wut im saying

You guys are not perfect eather!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I understand everything you wrote Stephen R so don't worry mate, I was actually reading your words with a scottish twange
hope you like the scottish even if your not one and are not offended.

Perhaps CTmoney could invest in some manner lessons.

ps: I'm not Scottish either,England born, Canadian raised.

Doesn't matter how the the words are spelt, its how you defend your country

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
lol scottish are cool

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
haha gonna revive this........

The US would almost destroy itself by occupying Canada. There are many reasons. I will do a bit of comparison with the invasion of Iraq, which is burdening the US economically as it is.

First off I would like to admit that I have no doubt that the US would quickly and efficiently destroy the brunt of the Canadian military that decides to engage them head on.
However, the Canadian military is not stupid and knows that they are weaker, and of course would resort to guerilla warfare, instead of suicide. The Canadian Military will not be completely defeated because they will not engage in large scale combat with the US, they will hide, hit and run, and when Canada becomes occupied (if it can be), the remaining Canadian military left will go into hiding so that they may still fight.

The second reason is Canada itself.
The size of Iraq is
437,072 square kilometers, while the size of Canada is 9,984,670 km², making Canada almost 23 times larger than Iraq. ANother matter is the terrain of Canada. Canada does not consist solely of flat sands, like those in Iraq. Civilian/ military guerilla warfare would not be confined to cities, as it is in Iraq, since Canada has much better terrain for Guerilla warfare. Ahh yes, I have also forgotten to add in the weather, but that one is self-explanatory.

Iraq is in the middle of a civil war, and most of the killing is between the Iraqi's, although some of this does get directed towards the US.
Canada's population would not be in a civil war, there would be only one enemy, the US. Canadian's would be enraged by being invaded by the US, and I have no doubt that most of Canada's population would be all for resistance. I am a very un-patriotic Canadian myself, but I still feel enraged just when I think about being invaded by the US.
The point is, the civilian resistance would be massive. The meager resistance in Iraq would be nothing compared to Canada.

Being that the Iraq war is draining the US economy as it is, Canada would be a complete burden.

In the end I agree that, yes the US could invade Canada, but in doing so, it would end their reign as a superpower.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I disagree, Canada would be absorbed into the US, essentially everything would keep running as usual just under new leadership. Given that the population of North America is very similar and does not share the same ideological, historical and religious factions as the ME the two cannot be compared. The people of Canada are not like those of Iraq, assimilation will be quicker and more orderly. Given the new land mass merger the new economical, natural and political resources would help both nations and strengthen the standing of this new North American Union.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes there are cultural differences, but the ones you quoted are insignificant.
You are right the people of Canada are not like those of Iraq, the most significant difference is that they are free.

The people of Iraq previously lived under a dictator with an iron fist.
The people of Canada are a free society who would not take invasion as lightly as the Iraqi's.

It is much harder to put chains on a man than it is to take them off.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
After reading the threads I have to shake my head in wonder how the reality of what is coming will actually affect things when there is such parody in the subject. First off the planned Invasion brought to light from the 1930's was part of what is now regularly coined as TACTICAL and STRATEGIC EXERCISE. Further plans for an Invasion of Canada per modern requirements and conditions would and will occur in the following manner.

1. Cyber attack
2. No destruction of power grids, gas facilities or oil drilling or mining / processing plants (Oils Sands)
3. Direct command and control of Canadian Bases under direction of NORAD and the Mutual Defense and Assistance treaty (Post 911 look it up)
4. Elimination of Separate Currency and creation of NAU tender.
5. Pre-emptive North American Invasion Defense Posture; Deployment of U.S. and American forces off base across the continent for purposes of defense from foreign Asian Forces or "unknown" clear and present or imminent cell based attack (Terrorist).
6. Direct deployment of security forces around and at all entities mentioned in item #2
7. .ca and .com ( Generall the public internet and large corporate intranets ) networks lose bandwidth and become 100% filtered by defense grid server watch and listen farms; currently run at roughly 70 - 90 % depending on DEFCON and TERROR Threat levels.
8. Canadian Forces pulled from all peace keeping missions globally and the long term Kandahar offensive and reconstruction mission.
9. Immediate end of on going NATO training missions in Canada; roughly 25,000 personnel at any given time.
10. Immediate recall or transfer to NORAD COMMAND orders for all NATO Aircraft from COLD lake, wainwright and other training sites.
11. Canadian Parliament invokes War measures Act to legally call up the reserve force personnel.

There is far more but the point I am making is that the plans are in place and without realizing it elements have already been invoked. Further NORAD, Pentagon and the Canadian DND in large part don't fully realize what has occurred. Further the Canadian and American populations have no idea but by 2030 the "Invasion of Canada" will have been fully implemented. True modern warfare is conducted on a daily basis with economics not weapons, the weapons are now just a tool for economic stimulation Aor asset / population control "Iraq".

Look at it from another angle, if Military action was effective and the weapon of choice, China would have taken Taiwain back in 1998 during the seldom mentioned move by China to test the American and Tawianese resolve for defence of the Island. The United States would have with held the use of Tactical Nuclear Strikes against the Chinese Fleet and mainland as it would have resulted in the outbreak of WWIV (WWIII is another topic of discussion and debate but is otherwise known as the cold war in public doctrine) but a total war scenario. China like the west took the fight to the most modern WMD, economic warfare.

Back on course with the topic.. due to 911 and additional not so visible incidents, actions and operations Canada has already lost the war.. and so has the U.S. by 2030 give or take a few years NAU will be in place, Canada will hold its own as a centre of Power much like TEXAS does in the current Union of the U.S. .. Mexico will be in place inside the NAU but will likely be a weak party to the forced Union. China will be the victor and control what happens inside the NAU due to current economic warfare actions by the Chinese with NOWSCO, the NAFTA Highway, the Kansas Terminal and the recent purchases of energy companies in Canada and around the world. Note that Canada currently sits as the most strategic and vast oil reserve for the U.S. and holds as much and with the arctic reserves more than the middle east!. Further China holds more than 50% of the U.S. Paper (DEBT) DIRECTLY a result of Iraq. THERE IS FAR MORE TO THIS BUT NO MORE ROOM FOR CHARACTERS ON THIS POST :-(

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well you have to figure that if after each terrorist attack the US is required to invade a random country. Odds are pretty good that Canada will get the short end of the stick eventually.

The good news is that we will then pour more money into the Canadian economy than our own.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We don't need to invade a country when you just would have to hand it over.No sense in wasting time moving in.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
My biggest question is "Why bother"? What are we gonna get from it? Hockey? We already have most of the league. Caribou? Why would we want them?
We have our own supply in Alaska. Why would we want people that say "eh?" at the end of everything.

[edit on 1/11/2006 by Zaphod58]

Sir you astound me! Why bother?

Here, Here is your answer!

Secret Pentagon List Of Reasons To Invade Canada.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The USA tried to invade Canada in the 60's but were thwarted by the ultimate Canadian military mastermind................

Captain James T Kirk.

The rest is hisory

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can't believe Americans think that the invasion of Canada would be so easy...

we have near complete control of NORAD simply because its on our soil we have the second largest abundance of oil in the world, inconceivable control over your utilities, and the most well trained and skilled snipers in the world.

In addition, here are some rather... "useful" inventions produced by Canadians. www.cbc.ca...

lastly Canada produces approx. 24% of the worlds supply of uranium so despite your vast arsenal of weapons they have no fuel.

so... good luck Muh hahahahahha.

PS. Newfoundlanders can be VERY, VERY, mean drunks.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That is completely untrue, first of all Canada is an ally in the GWOT, the US is already involved in two other wars, also Canada is a large country and it would take a very long time to take over.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think you guys are forgetting that we have a pretty good military. Forgetting the Sea King for a moment, we have good equipment, like the F18, Leopard 1 and 2, the FN Minimi (M249 SAW for Americans) and the Diemaco C7 (basically a modified M16 with full auto which Yank M16s don't have as well as burst and semi auto). Our only real problem is we don't have very many soldiers, mainly due to our small population, which is about the same as the population of California, or less than one tenth of the US population, if I remember correctly. Remember little Finland got a peace treaty our of the Winter War, which just shows how effective guerilla warfare can be. It's not that we don't like Americans, it's that if it really comes to it, we will kill everyone who crosses the border if it means not being controlled by Geoge Bush. (GWB jokes are even more common here than Michael Jackson jokes, followed closely by Stephen Harper jokes where I live, not neccesarily in the whole country Ex: Alberta) I visit you guys nearly every summer but I really would be one of the first ones on the roof with a rifle, we may be similar to the US but we are to patriotic to just sit idly by and let this happen, trust me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by W35M4N

Agreed with everything you posted in your post.
Sure us Canadians are friendly when we are at peace but watch out when we are at war. If you don't remember take a look at the war of 1812. We burnt down your white house.

[edit on 7-17-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
good day all i am canadian and would like to say realisticly an invation in to canada or the usa by ethere could varry well be acomplished dipending on the wanted outcome for instance canada could defend the itself corectly form the usa given 5 years and 1 trillion. lol but we know our government has a weak belly and that would never hapen. but it would become a golrila war realisticly the young would put up the fight on there own i bet the citys would be yours but lots of destruction. the resorces would be poisond water, food, land, mines and the constand destructions of oil platforms refineries powere plants powere lines.
we look like you we talk like you we are as educated as you and we love our country as much as you do u. but we would become a USA state in the end.
but for the canada invading the USA wich would never happen scenerio canada would place trained agents working in groups of 1 to 10 people each after specific targets to disrupted everything and anything you could imagine even the radio waves to water, food, energy as well as political figures. with as large a population of cities as the USA has disrupting water would be disasterous but it would not be just one city but many at the same time with different issuse as well as disruption of large food prosessors in rorual communities as well as stoping flows from canada
but that could not happen because of the inevitable counter attack wich would devastate more of the landscape in canada as well as the population.
but any true war between our countrys would come down to diplomatic will in goverment. not a combat war with prbably a threat of it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join