It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Plans to Invade Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And for an evil, baby-eating Conservative, Zaph's not too bad at all.
(That was a joke for those who might not have the same twisted sense of humour as me and Zaph)

If a suicide caribou were to try to torture me, he wouldn't have to worry about me spilling the beans.

See, just because Canada and the US don't always agree doesn't mean we can't still be friends, eh.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Come on now eh! I think its funny how Americans and Canadians think that we are so differen't. I love America and I love Canada I have lived in both. Althought I would say in my opinion most Americans views of Canadians is border line how do you say "crazy". One thing I find funny is how many Canadian's are in the American spot light and nobody seems to care.
A very large portion of media is the U.S. is Canadian....I would make a list but I would say just look at SNL and that should clear some of that up.

Americans and Canadian are the same!(in my opinion) the only real difference is in the playing of national anthems. During the Americans you must be quite and show your respect. But when the Canadian anthem plays people cheer and clap everyone is smiling and even the singer feels good when they get to present it. I always get emotional when that happens to cheer and clap and be proud as our Anthem plays.....

war between us can't happen I don't have enough pucks as ammo and I broke my stick in last nights game!

North American arn't we all...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Duzey if a suicide caribou took you hostage, he's throw you back as fast as he could and beg us to put you back in your cage.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why would the suicide caribou throw me away? Aren't I good enough to torture? *pouts*

I'm not worried about the suicide caribou, eh. It's the dog sled teams you really need to worry about. They can take you down and eat you whole in less than 5 minutes! Road rage, Canuck style.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's kinda like the Amish drive by joke.

What goes clip clop clip clop bang bang clip clop clip clop?

Amish drive by.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
It's the dog sled teams you really need to worry about. They can take you down and eat you whole in less than 5 minutes! Road rage, Canuck style.

I'll back you up on the sled dogs, Duzey. I lived in Yellowknife (NWT) for 3 winters and know how dangerous they are when somebody gets knocked over by them. There's wolf in that breed and they react on pack instinct. I also have seen timber wolves run down streets in Yellowknife, right alongside packs of sled dogs. That was in the early 70's.

I could tell you some great stories about sled dogs...lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Vancouver BC reminds me a lot of Portland oregon more so than seattle does.

As for the US invading Canada it already has happened all but full blow military invasion but there is a lot of US military gear that is built in Canada.

I actually see the US and CANada becoming one nation like the EU with maybe greenland and iceland too but later. The US and Canada to become the UNited States of North America with the star being replaced with the red and white Maple leaf with the stripes remaining.

I am worried about the conversititive that won in Canada and him being a buddy of the Bush's thats most troubling since it was nice to have a counter point in canada to bush but what will happen with the two of them working together?

Canada going to war?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Why would the suicide caribou throw me away? Aren't I good enough to torture? *pouts*

They'd take one look at you Duzey, and freak out. Instead of giving us demands to release you, they'd be demanding that we arrest them and throw them in prison to get away from you.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are you saying that I am scary looking? (Think very carefully before you answer this, Zaph. You have enough woman troubles already.
)

Lord T'underin bye, ya dun gun lost ya brain. (Newfie speak)

masqua, get the sled dogs!!!!

I don't think Canada will join the US anytime soon (willingly). The offer was kindly extended when the nifty Constitution thing that the US is so pleased with was written. It was neighbourly to offer to let us join but we didn't then and we won't now.

As for war, our new PM doesn't have the power for that. He's only a minority PM.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Would I say that Duzey? *gives innocent look*

I'd NEVER say anything like that to you. Ever. Really I wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I just hate it when you use my own words against me. :shk:

Really, I do.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay, let's get back on track here, please.
Fun's fun, but the discussion is about the US invading Canada

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's all about the Benjamins. Rather than staging a military invasion of Canada, I suggest that, if the price is right, you can buy it. It is true, as far as I know, that when your nation was founded, an invitation was extended for us to join in. But, we declined. Maybe you could purchase a few provinces at a time. BC and Alberta are very resource rich, and your best bets for an agreement. So, make us an offer.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
So, make us an offer.

Operation Red was designed for the dubious eventuality that England might go to war against America, using Canada as a 'jumping off point'. It'll never happen.

But...buying us out...yeah, sure...just don't deal with the Canadian Government. Pay each of us off individually and we'll all pack our bags for a winter in Florida, leaving Harper and his Mike Harris cronies holding onto an empty country.

I'm guessing there's around 34 million Canadians, all told. If America were to pay each one of us $1 million, I think we'd go for it. That's only $34 trillion... a pittance for America. You could then use those nasty politicians any way you want.

We wouldn't even notice a difference because Corporate America already owns this place.

We'll even throw in Hans Island for you.
edit for bad math

[edit on 7-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEMA
Well, if it were the case, I can see Canada sending *both* its aircraft and *their boat* and that *leaky sub* the Brits sold them, south of the 49th parallel. Oh, did I mention those Sea King Helos? Yes, those 50-year old egg beaters would have the Americans shaking in their boots. Not so much because they'd have to face them, but more because they'd be worried about them falling from the sky onto their homes.

Face it, Canada is far too polite to do such a thing. Can you imagine a Canadian soldier?

"Excuse me, sir. We're 'ere to take over th' USA, eh?"

USA guy: "You what? Hey, your accent, aren't you from Newfoundland?"

"Well, yes I am bay (boy), lord tunderin', (lord thundering) where ya from?"

USA guy: "It don't matter where I'm from, I'm wondering if you had any Americans stay with you on 911 when all the flights were grounded?"

Lord tunderin' we did bay. Had a 'ell of a time too! We cooked 'em some good ol' down 'ome food and fed 'em some screech (wine). Told 'em some newfie jokes too, we did. Oh my son (oh my goodness), we laughed 'till our sides hurt. Good bunch of fellas they were."

USA guy: "Here, let me hold that for you." (Takes gun).

"Don't mind if ya do. Tell me the news from away. (What's happening in your part of the world?)

See where this is going?

Yep, FEAR CANADA! We'll send you our Newfies!

Naw, not really, we love 'em.

I know that the Canadian army is not near powerfull enough to take the American armed forces head on.
However, being from Newfoundland and having many, actually most, of my friends in either the reg force or reserves, i think they would take exception to that statement.
Have you ever pissed off a bunch of Islanders before? I can gaurente you no confrontation concerning them would go like that. haha I can see your post was in humor but i thought id set the record straight.

Oh and screech isnt wine its strong tasting 80 proof rum. And its by not bay.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Tweaked709]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In another vein, my uncle who works with Johnson Controls was at a meeting in Texas concerning a large company they were going to supply thier products for, the company being involved in oil or some other natural resource.

In a break in the meeting the Canadians and thier American counterparts were discussing the abundance of resources in northern Canada how beneficial to the united states they would be. When the talked turned to the topic of fresh water, some of the texans at the table seemed to talk like it wasnt even a question what would happen if the United states someday needed those freshwater resources. One even said, "Listen here man if we wanted your water or your minerals badly enough, we wouldnt ask, we would take."

This mindset seems to be one prevalent when considering Canadas place in the United States world view.
Not in anyway am I anti American, just a little scared of what would actually happen if such a situtation were to present itself.
Would the U.S. ever actually act upon such a plan to attack Canada?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Tell you what, we will give you Quebec and all its people if you leave the rest of Canada alone. It really is a good deal honest

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think if America invaded Canada, it would have to deal with the UK too, and possibly Australia. As with it being a commonwealth country, i am sure we would be obligated to help Canada before America.

So i do not think this will happen, and besides were all good friends [
] only joking.

And besides i don't think America would want to take on a full blown conflict, against 3 of there closest allies (and passably more, as i am assuming NATO and the UN, would let them do it without really good reason).

So we should all have some Maple Syrup American style pancakes with some English muffins.

EDIT for an badly behaving smiley

[edit on 16-2-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is the deal:we Canada will give you Quebec and all its french speaking people if you promise to leave the rest of us alone. I hope we have a deal!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tweaked709
When the talked turned to the topic of fresh water, some of the texans at the table seemed to talk like it wasnt even a question what would happen if the United states someday needed those freshwater resources. One even said, "Listen here man if we wanted your water or your minerals badly enough, we wouldnt ask, we would take."

That seems to be a fairly common response among the Americans I have talked to. And yes, it is disturbing.

While I hope that it's just big talk, sometimes you get the feeling it's not. There seems to be a rather large contingent of Americans who dislike Canada for whatever la raison du jour is.

Thankfully there are some countries out there that would come to our aid, like the ones picklewalsh mentioned, because we are part of the commonwealth. There could also be the possibility of China assisting because they have investments in the tar sands they don't want to lose.

If the US thinks they are having a PR nightmare now, invade Canada and see how bad it can really get. The entire world would have a problem with that.

PS. Lord tunderin bye, we all love the newfs.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Duzey]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join