It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Plans to Invade Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEMA
usual red neck american dribble

You may think thats funny but the sad part is most americans actually think like that.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
what happend the last time u.s.a tried to invade canada ?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
You may think thats funny but the sad part is most americans actually think like that.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by d1k]

Really? How would you know? You say that as fact, care to post your research? Any links or articles to support your stated fact?

So, if your Canadian opinion on how "MOST" Americans "ACTUALLY" think is fact like you state, then my American opinion regarding MOST Canadians must ACTUALLY be true as well, right?

So if I were to say something like: "MOST Canadians are pompus bacon eating moose lovers who would ACTUALLY rather be Americans" that would be fact?

I mean after all, you are Canadian so you must be an expert on how MOST Americans ACTUALLY think right? Then I guess I am an expert of Candians and my opinion must be fact like yours.

Ignorance...

[edit on 23-1-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is not a USA bashes Canada.....Canada bashes USA thread.

All bashing stops immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

Please return to the opeing topic

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
U.S.A invading Canada that would be pointless. Americans are way to violent at heart and canadains are too nice. Lord help us, eh? hahha...I guess if i had to i get could get used to it. Honestly though for America's sake we need to keep or size to what it is or sell some property. We cant even keep mexico from invading here on a day to day basis, and we supposibly dont want the illegals here. But Canadians # let them over. Who else brought us greats Like Owen Hart and Bret Hart.

The Prescription drugs are the only reason that the U.S would invade canada. We all know how uncle sam hates competition when it comes to screwing the American people's pocketbook

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hey everyone. New to posting but visit ATS everyday.

I am a Canadian and also in the Army. Yes we have a small army but we make due with what we have. As far as the US invading Canada I think if it was going to happen it would have already. The only way I could see it really happen is if the world was on the brink of major collapse and natural resources like water and oil were at an all time premium. Don't forget Canada has huge oil reserves and the US is a big customer. And please someone explain to me who in Canada says " EH? " I hear Americans say that Canadians say it all the time... I have never said it and dont know anyone who has. I mean who actually says that eh ?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
mrwupy said:

The reason Canada has such a small military is they know if ANYONE tried to invade them the USA would be there in a flash. You may be a bunch of layed back, dope smoking lazy hippies but your the nicest darn neighbors we have.

We also have 10X fewer people.

PS, long live the crops!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupTech
And please someone explain to me who in Canada says " EH? " I hear Americans say that Canadians say it all the time... I have never said it and dont know anyone who has. I mean who actually says that eh ?

I do, eh. All the time. Eh is one of the great all-purpose words of Canada along with the fifty different meaning for 'sorry'.

Sorry bout that, eh.

Why would the US want to invade us? They would have to let us vote if we became part of the US and then they would end up with 30 million extra people whining about health care. Sure it might sound like a good idea at first but after we had been in the US for a while they would beg us to take back our country and go away.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What are you talking about? We're ALREADY begging the Canadiens that are here to go home again. And take Celine with you.

And yes, I HAVE heard Canadiens say Eh, a lot. I was driving a guy from the CAF to get a part and back to his plane, and heard a lot of Eh when I was talking to him.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by North Rider
Joint Army and Navy Basic War Plan -- Red. If you ask most people no one has heard of it, but the secret US plans to invade Canada have been on the US Military books for a number of years. Plan Red, is a step-by-step plan to invade, seize and annex Canada. It was drawn up and approved by the War Department in 1930, then updated in 1934 and 1935. It was eventually declassified in 1970 along with other secret documents and barely made any news.

First, we send a joint Army-Navy overseas force to capture the port city of Halifax, cutting the Canadians off from their British allies. Then we seize Canadian power plants near Niagara Falls, so they freeze in the dark. Then the U.S. Army invades on three fronts -- marching from Vermont to take Montreal and Quebec, charging out of North Dakota to grab the railroad center at Winnipeg, and storming out of the Midwest to capture the strategic nickel mines of Ontario. Meanwhile, the U.S. Navy seizes the Great Lakes and blockades Canada's Atlantic and Pacific ports.

It sounds like an old standing joke that you hear often from Americans, that they should just invade Canada and be done with it. Canada's rich abunbdance of Resources definatly seems like a good reason for most Americans but what they dont know is Canada also had a plan to invade the States.

As it turns out, Katz isn't the first Canadian to speculate on how to fight the U.S.A. In fact, Canadian military strategists developed a plan to invade the United States in 1921 -- nine years before their American counterparts created War Plan Red.

"His plan was to start sending people south quickly because surprise would be more important than preparation," said Floyd Rudmin, a Canadian psychology professor and author of "Bordering on Aggression: Evidence of U.S. Military Preparations Against Canada," a 1993 book about both nations' war plans. "At a certain point, he figured they'd be stopped and then retreat, blowing up bridges and tearing up railroad tracks to slow the Americans down."

Invasion Of Canada

Although these plans were drawn up in the 1920's its still gets the idea going that the US does have invasion plans on the books for most countries. It does seem likely that they would for just incase instances. Although the invasion of Canada is highly unlikly these days, how do you think the invasion might go if there was one. Do you think Canada would put up a defence considering the weather and other factors. Although most on this board are American what do you think might happen?

Also remember

Invading Canada is an old American tradition. Invading Canada successfully is not

[edit on 11-1-2006 by North Rider]

I thought I saw this on the West Wing the other night....

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What are you talking about? We're ALREADY begging the Canadiens that are here to go home again. And take Celine with you.

Too funny cause my parents and my aunt and uncle "invade" Clearwater Florida every winter. I visited them there a few times and that place is full of bluehairs...

Just remembered I was working with US Marines a few years back here in Canada. They were complaining about how cold it was.... then here is me outside having a smoke wearing shower shoes and a t-shirt... it was only -20c . The marines were all huddled together looking at me like I was on crack...
So the lesson to the Americans if they were going to "invade" make sure you do it between June and Aug.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's like over here.
it hits mid to low 60s (F now) and we're under blankets and in jackets, and everyone not from here is laughing at us, because they're sweating like you wouldn't believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
and everyone not from here is laughing at us

I can confirm this. I first started laughing at you a few weeks ago when you complained about how cold it was.

Zaph, you know you love Canada. Way deep, deep, deeeep down inside you want to be a Canuck. I know you do, eh. Deny it all you want, your good buddy Duzey knows the truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was born a mere three miles below the border and that is as close as I ever want to get thankyouverymuch. The only benefit I can see from being from Canada is getting to say "eh" at the end of all my sentences. And I would too just to piss people off.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
man even if you guys are joking, I sense a lot of ignorance..I like to think of North America as a whole..but those Alberta oil areas could motivate intentions I suppose

the laws here aren't as bad as the US yet...but they're getting there..I'm thinking we're only gonna be involved more and more together so hopefully things can get peaceful somehow..maybe after all that debt is paid back or something(now thats worth laughing at)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why is joking amongst friends showing ignorance?

Zaph is a proud American, I am a proud Canadian. Neither of us wants to live in the other one's country. That doesn't mean we can't poke friendly fun at each other.

We do it all the time, eh.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah eh. Duzey's a rare Canuk eh. She ain't all annoying and stuff eh. But if I was tortured I guess I'd still admit I like her eh. But definately NOT her country eh. They're all weird and have suicide caribou eh.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was going to slip a Bryan Adams joke in here, but well . . .

I think I just did.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Dont forget we have the best beer too....
And the drinking age is 19 except Quebec which is 18. All stuff aside the US and Canada are not all that different. I mean I have a nice 51" HD TV, Xbox 360, all the cool goodies that come out of the states.... well maybe not the TV ( its Japanese ) I drive an American made car. But we all have the same will to live free and enjoy our lives peacefully together. I mean I would love to win the lottery...quit my job... etc etc etc. I am sure quite a few Americans can share this dream.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah, you Americans better bring your snow boots, mittens and heavy jackets, wouldn't want another Stalingrad incident!
(barring global warming, winter has been cancelled this year)

Oh, and as far as I am concerned, contrary to what TV sez.
I am a Canadian and I have yet to hear anyone say a-boot instead of about.
Who perpetrates this BS, eh?!

A concerned Canuck.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Toadmund]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join