It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Plans to Invade Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Joint Army and Navy Basic War Plan -- Red. If you ask most people no one has heard of it, but the secret US plans to invade Canada have been on the US Military books for a number of years. Plan Red, is a step-by-step plan to invade, seize and annex Canada. It was drawn up and approved by the War Department in 1930, then updated in 1934 and 1935. It was eventually declassified in 1970 along with other secret documents and barely made any news.

First, we send a joint Army-Navy overseas force to capture the port city of Halifax, cutting the Canadians off from their British allies. Then we seize Canadian power plants near Niagara Falls, so they freeze in the dark. Then the U.S. Army invades on three fronts -- marching from Vermont to take Montreal and Quebec, charging out of North Dakota to grab the railroad center at Winnipeg, and storming out of the Midwest to capture the strategic nickel mines of Ontario. Meanwhile, the U.S. Navy seizes the Great Lakes and blockades Canada's Atlantic and Pacific ports.

It sounds like an old standing joke that you hear often from Americans, that they should just invade Canada and be done with it. Canada's rich abunbdance of Resources definatly seems like a good reason for most Americans but what they dont know is Canada also had a plan to invade the States.

As it turns out, Katz isn't the first Canadian to speculate on how to fight the U.S.A. In fact, Canadian military strategists developed a plan to invade the United States in 1921 -- nine years before their American counterparts created War Plan Red.

"His plan was to start sending people south quickly because surprise would be more important than preparation," said Floyd Rudmin, a Canadian psychology professor and author of "Bordering on Aggression: Evidence of U.S. Military Preparations Against Canada," a 1993 book about both nations' war plans. "At a certain point, he figured they'd be stopped and then retreat, blowing up bridges and tearing up railroad tracks to slow the Americans down."

Invasion Of Canada

Although these plans were drawn up in the 1920's its still gets the idea going that the US does have invasion plans on the books for most countries. It does seem likely that they would for just incase instances. Although the invasion of Canada is highly unlikly these days, how do you think the invasion might go if there was one. Do you think Canada would put up a defence considering the weather and other factors. Although most on this board are American what do you think might happen?

Also remember

Invading Canada is an old American tradition. Invading Canada successfully is not

[edit on 11-1-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well, if it were the case, I can see Canada sending *both* its aircraft and *their boat* and that *leaky sub* the Brits sold them, south of the 49th parallel. Oh, did I mention those Sea King Helos? Yes, those 50-year old egg beaters would have the Americans shaking in their boots. Not so much because they'd have to face them, but more because they'd be worried about them falling from the sky onto their homes.

Face it, Canada is far too polite to do such a thing. Can you imagine a Canadian soldier?

"Excuse me, sir. We're 'ere to take over th' USA, eh?"

USA guy: "You what? Hey, your accent, aren't you from Newfoundland?"

"Well, yes I am bay (boy), lord tunderin', (lord thundering) where ya from?"

USA guy: "It don't matter where I'm from, I'm wondering if you had any Americans stay with you on 911 when all the flights were grounded?"

Lord tunderin' we did bay. Had a 'ell of a time too! We cooked 'em some good ol' down 'ome food and fed 'em some screech (wine). Told 'em some newfie jokes too, we did. Oh my son (oh my goodness), we laughed 'till our sides hurt. Good bunch of fellas they were."

USA guy: "Here, let me hold that for you." (Takes gun).

"Don't mind if ya do. Tell me the news from away. (What's happening in your part of the world?)

See where this is going?

Yep, FEAR CANADA! We'll send you our Newfies!

Naw, not really, we love 'em.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I've read about this plan to invade Canada before. Was it here on ATS or some place else? Can't remember.

Then we seize Canadian power plants near Niagara Falls, so they freeze in the dark.

Freeze in the dark? Boy, do they have alot to learn about Canadians before invading!

Canadians survived for a period of 2 weeks in the worst ice storms in history.
www.msc-smc.ec.gc.ca...

Power lines cut off, cell towers down, roads closed. And guess what, no shooting one another while looting shopping malls.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Maybe if the Bloc wins the upcoming election the U.S. could invade Canada to free us from French tyranny.

But I'm sure the Americans have plans in place today for any possible future scenerio, including the control of Canada..........

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Better watch out. Canada can always start the Caribou Draft, and send Suicide Caribou against our troop. (Yes, troop, singular.)

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I guess the US has "cut-and-paste" plans to invade most countries, "just in case."

"Laura, where's my plan for invading Iran? I picked up Iraq by mistake!"

"It's in the junk drawer, with the good scissors."

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ever see the "Land of Confusion" video? *lmao* At the end President Regan wakes up and says he's thirsty, so he looks over at the wall, and there are two buttons. One labled "Nuke" the other "Nurse". So he presses the "Nuke" button on accident.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Unfortunatly this article has broken the Top Secret of Canadas Defence.

Etzinger, the Canadian Embassy spokesman, isn't worried about an American invasion because Canada has a secret weapon -- actually thousands of secret weapons.

"We've got thousands of Canadians in the U.S. right now, in place secretly," he said. "They could be on your street. We've sent people like Celine Dion and Mike Myers to secretly infiltrate American society."

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My biggest question is "Why bother"? What are we gonna get from it? Hockey? We already have most of the league. Caribou? Why would we want them?
We have our own supply in Alaska. Why would we want people that say "eh?" at the end of everything.

[edit on 1/11/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
5440 or bust! When the border hadn't been set yet, on the 49th parallel, someone tried to get it pushed up to near the arctic circle 54.40 degrees. I think that was when we snuck down there and lit the whitehouse on fire...hehehe

That hockey comment was a low blow... ouch. When was the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup? Way too long anyway.
But at least we rule in the World Cup, World Jrs, Olympics... Canada is number one in those hockey games.
When, not if, but when the USA does take over Canada, either by buying it or just taking over, it will be for the oil. Alberta has lots of it. And the water. Canada has lots of fresh water, and the US is starting to get real thirsty....
In the days after Canada becomes the newest state, just remember when you're up here, you have to say eh, eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
A US invasion of Canada was part of the contingency plans introduced in the event of a war between the US and the UK (Canada, being part of the Commonwealth, would of course have been a UK ally).....

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I came as close as I could to being a Canadian. Thank GOD I was born in the good ole USA.
Even when we own Canada, you can't pay me enough to get me there voluntarily.
I might get attacked by a suicide caribou while I'm there. He'll attack my car and try to blow it up in the crowd.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's nothing to see up here anyway. I hope lots of people feel the same way you do. It is getting too crowded here already. I've been to WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, ID, and Montana, and loved it. San Francisco comes close to where I live for beauty, but isn't quite as nice. I drove the coast from here to southern Cali, and it is pretty. But this area has it all. In 100 miles of here are all the things I like to do, or see.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEMA
We cooked 'em some good ol' down 'ome food and fed 'em some screech (wine).

Oh, the blasphemy!!!

Screech, me lad, is RUM...good unadulterated 160 proof Jamaican rum brought to the rock by those hardy lads in their little dories after paddling down on the sly when the fishin's bad on the nose or the tail.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by North Rider
Do you think Canada would put up a defence considering the weather and other factors.

It would entirely depend in how America comes across the border. The first shot fired will have to be from an American because we're used to Americans up here.
If he missed hitting anything, we'll send a Mountie to investigate his actions.
If he hit a building, we'll send the insurance agents after him for claims.
If he hit a citizen, we'll rise like an angry tide of maple syrup and subdue him like a fly in amber.

I've heard of this Plan-Red. It was reported in our newspapers just recently.
All America has to do is wait until the Conservatives take office...then you'll have this country handed to you on a platter.

just my opinion

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, ever thought maybe the TRUE intentions for the conservative party wanting to build up the military is defense not only from enemies abroad but right next door.

I for one am glad that someone in this country believes we have the right to defend ourselves from any, who try and take our sovereingty, and to make sure we have the resources to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The reason Canada has such a small military is they know if ANYONE tried to invade them the USA would be there in a flash. You may be a bunch of layed back, dope smoking lazy hippies but your the nicest darn neighbors we have.

I meant that last statement in the kindest of ways too.

I think Canada is the least of the problems the US is facing in the world today. The biggest threat they present is to the drug market. The USA grows the best bud in the world today, but Canada is getting close.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The USA grows the best bud in the world today, but Canada is getting close.

I take exception to this remark, cuz it just ain't true :p The other way around is more accurate

[edit on 17-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If we weren't so nice, we'd be a state by now. The US is letting us stay separate only cuz it would look bad if they absorbed us officially. For all intents and purposes, we are already part of the US. The tiny technicalities that legally keep us independent are really just for show, and so we feel better.

Mod edit.
Drug discussions are no-nos. Please cease and desist.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
OK, I think we had better drop the discussion on...ummm....the superiority of crops between our nations. This is a serious No-no on ATS.

Canada is a great country and i'm very happy to call you neighbor. You guys rock!

Wupy

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join