It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
how come every avatar image i try to put into my profile here, it ends up saying the image is too large. I have searched on good and looked at atleast 30 images for family guy, predator, and elisha cuthbert. None of them can fit .

can someone help me out.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you post a link to the image you want to use, I'll resize it for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If you upload the pictures and just post them in this thread, we can all have a go at resizing them.
You said you tried more than one and ATS allows a maximum of 160x320 pixels and up to 75k for the image. You should be able to fix that problem with any photoshop type software.

EDIT: I just found this thread that should help you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ok i found out how to get it to work, but it looks like i am goin to need to get photoshop.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you're on a Window's based system you can just use paint to crop, resize, and do just about anything else that's simple. No need for expensive software!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.

This is the official GIMP web site. It contains information about downloading, installing, using, and enhancing it. This site also serves as a distribution point for the latest releases. We try to provide as much information about the GIMP community and related projects as possible. Hopefully you will find what you need here.

www.gimp.org...

I have the program but have only used it a few times, it looks good though. I mostly use PictureIt! Publishing because I'm used to it.
If you don't want to lay out the cash for Photoshop, GIMP is a great alternative.

top topics

join