It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MK-Ultra Still Alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Most of you on these boards already know what MK-Ultra was (is?) all about. With that being said, I won't go into great detail about the project itself and it's details.

My question to some of you is: Do you still believe MK-Ultra activities are being undertaken by the CIA or other U.S. agencies?

I personally have heard a few theories and I do believe that a project like MK-Ultra is still very much alive. The existence of HAARP itself raises serious possibilities of the project still being undertaken. The fact that MK scientists could bring about certain emotions in humans through high frequency waves like those of HAARP, leads me to wonder if they have the ability now to do it on a grander scale while using HAARP.

Living in Canada, I have a special fascination with this topic considering many of the MK-Ultra activities were undertaken in Canada. The idea of the CIA advancing it's technology and understanding of mind-control scares the hell out of me and makes 1984 and Brave New World seem like pretty realistic possibilities.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on. Any thoughts, sources or anything at all would be greatly appreciative.

Cayoo

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Spending millions of dollars just to pump people full of drugs and zap them with electricity? I say the MKULTRA project died in the 1960's just like the papers say it did. Just sounds like a very early PSYOPS experiment to me.

If they've discovered how to control a persons mind, there's probably better and cheaper ways of doing it using 21st century methods. That's if it's plausable and economical.

Wasn't 6% of the CIA's budget originally spent on it in the 50's and 60's? That's a lot of money to flush down the toilet...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I deffinately think something along the lines of MK-ULTRA is still going on. While I think that the methods now being used are vastly different from the methods used back in the '50s and '60s (e.g. no more testing being done at universities), I also think that the techniques being used to attempt mind control are pretty much the same, such as drugs, radiation etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well of course it's still in affect today. Why would they drop something as successful as Monarch or Mk Ultra?. Madonna and Brittany are key components these days. Madonna's interest in Kabbala was a clear sign of her manipulation.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad
Spending millions of dollars just to pump people full of drugs and zap them with electricity? I say the MKULTRA project died in the 1960's just like the papers say it did. Just sounds like a very early PSYOPS experiment to me.

If they've discovered how to control a persons mind, there's probably better and cheaper ways of doing it using 21st century methods. That's if it's plausable and economical.

Wasn't 6% of the CIA's budget originally spent on it in the 50's and 60's? That's a lot of money to flush down the toilet...

Whoa... Whoa... I never said the exact same project was in progress. I just think it is possible they are still undertaking experiments and projects which are extensions of the original MK.

I don't think they are druging people with '___' or radiation.

I do think they are furthering their research with "emotion manipulation" which was extremely succesful. Towards the end of the original MK they could induce emotions in people like Fear and anger. I believe HAARP is an extension of this.

Imagine the US had to invade a country like IRAQ and say they had the ability to induce an extreme emotion of Fear in the IRAQ army do demoralize them. Wait a second... This already happened.... Of course, it might have been that the Iraqi army was just scared because the US military is much more powerful, but it could have to do with something else also..

Cayoo

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Cayoo]

Ox

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I thought '___' was created as an interrogation drug? I could be wrong.. there was something on the History channel several years ago called "The History of '___'" and it seems that alot of FBI and CIA agents were spiking the drinks of their co-workers and watching the effects.. Such as pulling off their faces and what not.. Good stuff.. Gotta love governments.. they know whats best for us

new topics

top topics

join