Rock band takes right to die protest to a new level

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The hard-rock band Hell on Earth had said that a suicide by a terminally ill person would take place during a concert Saturday to raise awareness of right-to-die issues.

www.cnn.com...

My God!

The theater owner canceled the show and the city council passed a law prohibiting such shows, but what has our civilization come to?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Never heard of Hell on Earth i clicked their website i reckon they are a joke band.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I never heard of them either, but that doesn't mean much. You can get their music at Amazon.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I cant see it happening.

If you're going to do this, do it in the privacy of your home with some dignity imho, not in front of a bunch of metal heads there for the thrill.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Since this is right in my town...I'll let you know what happens...

I heard about this on the news, just this morning...they plan to still go through with it, but are getting around it by not charging for tickets, or advertising it, as that is specifically what the law prohibits. I'll let you know what actually occurs....

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well!,if you really give it any thought we are ALL terminally ill,nobody gets out of here alive!.
That sounds like a band that is out for a long and faithful following by those who think that dying is the only thing to do,dead people don't consume or buy cd's or listen to music.
So what is their purpose anyway,even if they are more politically motivated it makes no sense.
They must be buying up interests in the creamation and burial industries,there will not be much profit for them to spread this sort of message otherwise.
All they ask is for you to buy a cd before you kill yourself,so they can keep the lights on.....
Leaving class before the test is finished means you failed the test.
If this is allowed to happen mark your calendar on that day so you don't forget that was the day that truly signalled the beginning of the total collapse of society.
That's pretty stupid,the right to die,do you know anyone who gets around the REQUIREMENT to die?,it's not really a choice...

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Gee...free nationwide (worldwide) advertising for an obscure band nobody's even heard of? Sounds like a good motive to me.... Brilliant actually....though tasteless....

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This has been covered already in annother thread.

Anyways, this is BS promotion that is all.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As a supporter of Euthanasia, and right to die, i dont see what the problem is. the terminally Ill person wants to do it voluntarily. the concert goers are there voluntarily.

For whatever reasons people might want to see this, the point is its all done voluntarily.

Maybe if people saw how peaceful death is when properly administered to dying people via painless drugs, then people wont be so tight up the ass about the issue.

Death is nothing to fear, its inevitable. Why does this society think death is so damn awful?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This got a lot of discussion at Banshee's thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not surprised the plug was pulled in advance. (Hmmm maybe that analogy was not the best thinking about it).

Otherwise I anticipated the venue being trashed by dissatisfied patrons.

This kind of publicity is not brilliant for the artists, at all, and I hope they sack their management if they had any.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
this just goes to show you where the US is heading. RIGHT INTO THE #ING GROUND! and im saying this as an american

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Krazy,

you are right man.

I hope a lot of christians march on this show and make a disaster of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In case anyone hadn't noticed, there will be no show. There will be no live suicide. It has been legally estopped.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
As a supporter of Euthanasia, and right to die, i dont see what the problem is. the terminally Ill person wants to do it voluntarily. the concert goers are there voluntarily.

Euthanasia for the terminally ill is one thing, I can support that. It's death as entertainment I object to.

Gazrok, is there any update on this?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have to say that these people are some of the lowest, most disgracefull, sorry excuses for humans. In my opinion, had their physical bodies not been human I would have mistaken them for dirt. I shudder to think about the level of moral degradation that these people show. No morally sound person would allow someone to kill themselves for entertainment (if you could call it that). Anyone who goes to that preformance hoping to see someone die, in my opinion, is more shallow than the preformers because they are not only finding it ammusing but they are supporting this moral filth.

new topics

join