It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

More about ghosts

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey fellow ATS peeps, let me tell you a little story.
Let me paint a picture first.
Back in my country at my grandma's house is really spooky at night and i think the design of the house is at fault the house is basically laid out in an H setup were the rooms lead out to 2 patios and a large garden at the front, all the rooms are separated and theres a lot of fruit trees in the garden. then theres a 10 foot wall at the front so that the thieves dont get in very easy. and in the foreground theres a string of hills and the mountains on the left side. during the day it looks very nice but at night its a little scary because the neighbrohood is so quiet.
So what does this have to do with ghosts you might ask well the thing is that all the people that have lived there say that the house is haunted, doors open and close by themselves when theres no wind and that they feel like theres something thats just not right. Also some of the neighbors and some of the family think that my grandma is a whitch and that the house hides many a dead feline. now i'm not a real believer of the ghost phenomena but it seems like when my grandfather died his spirit still comes back to the house everynow and then, and my relatives are just too scared to go there and so is my sisters, one of my cousins told me she was in the house when one of the doors slamed out of nowhere.
Now like i said this house is scarry at night, when i stay thre i stay awake as late as i can to see if i can see anything, but the only things i've seen are cats roaming around the rooftops searching for mice and rats.
I myself have never experienced any of this but i trust my family and i'm posting this experience for the purpose sharing it.




posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, i think 99% of "ghostly" happenings are misunderstood rational and normal things... still i believe there's a remaining 1%. Half of this 1% are unaware psychic happenings (such as telekinesis... usually when there are growing kids around, they could unwilling telekinetical acts, often mistaken for ghost "jokes"), while the remaining half could be effectively ghosts.

As far as i can see it, ghosts are a far more common phenomenon than expected. I could say that probably there's at least a spirit in almost every house. Nothing to worry about, because they very seldom interact with us, probably because a) they aren't capable of, b) they don't want to, or c) they aren't even aware of us and of being next to us (as we usually aren't aware of them, after all).

As said in another topic, i do sometimes feel the presence of someone in my house. It has become a quite familiar presence, since it has been paying us visits for some quite time now, and i have to say i like its "company"
. I think it's a woman, but i'm not too sure about it. Anyway, sometimes i feel this presence (quite often lately, but maybe it's just me paying more attention), he/she remains around for a while (lol, maybe just for checking what i'm up to at the moment) and then fades away. I think sometimes my dog felt it too, as several other people did, but she (my dog i mean) never got mad about it... just a little worried, but nothing more.



posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   



posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   



posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparhawk
 


As far as i can see it, ghosts are a far more common phenomenon than expected. I could say that probably there's at least a spirit in almost every house.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a falicy that all ghosts are seen at night or when it is dark. Watch any of the rubbish shows on TV where annoying presenters go in search of spooks and it will always be at night! The fact is ghosts are seen during daylight or by artificial light but the witness fails to realise that they've seen a ghost. I can't count the number of times I've heard stories about how workers have said good morning to someone in their work only to find out later that the said person died the night before.
If you want to try and understand hauntings don't, for gods sake, watch any on the plethora of programmes on TV such as Ghosthunters or Most Haunted. They're just entertainment shows, Scooby-Doo for grown ups.




top topics
 
0

log in

join