It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Please Don't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bush asks Democrats: Stop criticizing my mess on Iraq. Please Stop.

If that is not humiliation for a President, I don't know what is.

Yahoo News

[edit on 10-1-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Nice demonstration of how bias you are, i didnt read what you wrote in the title anywhere ......

this is the opening paragraph from your link, always nice to include this when presenting a subject ...

WASHINGTON - President Bush warned Democratic critics of his Iraq policy on Tuesday to watch what they say or risk giving "comfort to our adversaries" and suffering at the ballot box in November. Democrats said Bush should take his own advice.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Before posting something such as this, you should remember the creedo of this site: Deny Ignorance. Put it into action and think before you post.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Bush to Democrats: Don't Slam Iraq Policy

Does that not sound like the President begging his opponents not to crucify him the another vietnam.

Why is he trying to shut them up?

Its still a free country.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

Does that not sound like the President begging his opponents not to crucify him the another vietnam.

Why is he trying to shut them up ?

Its still a free country.

He's not begging, he's annoyed that the Democrats will criticize him no matter what. Winning or losing. Its the best way to criticize a President just before the close future elections.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm not really seeing any begging there. Seems more like an order, one that won't be followed though I'm sure. The democrats smell republican blood in the water and Bush knows it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I really think President Bush should stop handing out the free advice. Let the democrats go on being anti-American traitors.

The Democrats have put themselves in a position that if anything good happens in America it is bad for them. Anything positive for America is bad for Democrats.

You can only be anti-American and anti-Christian for so long before it backfires on you. Who really thinks there will be a Democratic Party 20 years from now?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Bush asks Democrats: Stop criticizing my mess on Iraq. Please Stop.

As has been noted, he said nothing like this. And it's FAR from just Democrats who are criticizing. If you can read, you know that.

A 7-year-old boy's question — "How can people help on the war on terror?" — gave Bush an opening to score some political points against his critics

I think I saw this on Jon Stewart or The Cobert Report the other day. Hilarious! The war proponents are really scrambling. "Pretty soon, Johnny, you can join the Army and get killed for no good reason, too... "

Yes, Bush is losing support, but it's not because the Democrats are criticizing him! I've always said that when he finally goes down, everyone else but himself will be blamed.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
"Pretty soon, Johnny, you can join the Army and get killed for no good reason, too... "

That's extremely insulting. As someone who's had a family member injured in the line of duty (We didn't know where he was for a day or so), that's an extremely insensitive thing to say.

But Hell, he's Jon Stewart!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
That's extremely insulting. ... an extremely insensitive thing to say.

Jon Stewart didn't say that. I said that.

It wasn't in any way meant as an insult to you or any service people. It was said out of anger and frustration at this war and the people in high places who push it every day. I don't know why you're insulted by it, but that wasn't my intention.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

That's extremely insulting. ... an extremely insensitive thing to say.

Jon Stewart didn't say that. I said that.

It wasn't in any way meant as an insult to you or any service people. It was said out of anger and frustration at this war and the people in high places who push it every day. I don't know why you're insulted by it, but that wasn't my intention.

It's because by saying that, it seems that you're implying that someone like my uncle (Who thankfully didn't die over there) would have died for nothing. Imagine a soldier who died for a cause that he believed in, then going to that soldier's family and telling them that their son died for nothing. I understand that it's not your intention, and I know that you're a good person, but I see that as insulting.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It's because by saying that, it seems that you're implying that someone like my uncle (Who thankfully didn't die over there) would have died for nothing.

Herman, I am staunchly against this war. I believe that anyone who dies over there dies for nothing. That's one reason it's so frustrating to me. Men and women are dying for no good reason as far as I'm concerned. If I supported the war, I would think they were dying for a good reason. That's how that works.

My opinion shouldn't matter to your uncle, though. If he feels good about what he's doing, that's all that matters.

Imagine a soldier who died for a cause that he believed in, then going to that soldier's family and telling them that their son died for nothing.

If they feel he died for a good cause, then they should ignore me.

I understand that it's not your intention, and I know that you're a good person, but I see that as insulting.

It's ok that you see it as insulting, but that's not what I intended.

For more on this subject, listen to this PODcast:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I really think President Bush should stop handing out the free advice. Let the democrats go on being anti-American traitors.

The Democrats have put themselves in a position that if anything good happens in America it is bad for them. Anything positive for America is bad for Democrats.

You can only be anti-American and anti-Christian for so long before it backfires on you. Who really thinks there will be a Democratic Party 20 years from now?

1. All Democrats are traitors?

2. Democrats feel anything good for America is bad for them? Ha? Anything positve for America is bad for Democrats? Ha? What are you talking about? Is this war GOOD for America? Is the death of thousands of our young troops GOOD for America? Is this senseless death GOOD for America? This war is only GOOD for the large corporations making billions off of it and the politicians they own, i.e. George W. Bush, Dick Cheney. This war is another Vietnam. That's GOOD for America?

Bill Clinton balanced the budget. That wasn't good for America? What is the deficit now? and is that deficit good for America?

3. Democratic Party? There hasn't been a Democracy in this country in over 100 years. This country is owned and operated by big business. You can't have Democracy when most of the money is in the hands of a few.

And what does Christianity have to do with any of it? Are all Democrats Pagans, Buddhists, Muslims, Atheists, etc. in your world?
Let's see, Kennedy was a Catholic (Christian), Carter was a Baptist (Christian), Clinton was a Baptist? (or some other Christian belief). I'm having trouble remembering the last Democratic president we had that was a Pagan, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist or other non-Christian. Can someone help me out?

[edit on 22-1-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

[edit on 22-1-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Before posting something such as this, you should remember the creedo of this site: Deny Ignorance.

Actually this sites (PTS) creed is "Deny Apathy.", ATS's creed is "Deny Ignorance.".

Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

I have to agree with you on this. The two-party system should bring a balancing effect to the Congress. But that doesn't mean that they need to disagree with everything good that happens. The yardstick should be, what is the best thing for the people? What do the people want? Not, How can I be a pain-in-the-butt to the other party?

If I see that scowl on Hillary or Teddy again, and that shaking of their head as they stare at their feet the next time good news is announced, I think I'll
. The Republicans are capable of the same bad behavior, but there must be a reason the've wrested power away from the Democrats for the past dozen years. And that reason is the eternal pessimism that comes out of the Dem's mouth. They never have a good idea; all they have is critcism of the Republicans. And the American public is sick and tired of hearing it.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And that reason is the eternal pessimism that comes out of the Dem's mouth. They never have a good idea; all they have is critcism of the Republicans. And the American public is sick and tired of hearing it.

And you Republicans are different? All you do is criticize Democrats. What makes you any better? The average American is sick and tired of being lied to. They just want an honest leader that is looking out for their best interests (Republican or Democrat). FDR was such a man (Democrat), Kennedy was such a man (Democrat) and so was Carter (Democrat) and so was Clinton (Democrat). Republicans are only out for themselves and their cronies and the corporations that own them.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

And that reason is the eternal pessimism that comes out of the Dem's mouth. They never have a good idea; all they have is critcism of the Republicans. And the American public is sick and tired of hearing it.

And you Republicans are different? All you do is criticize Democrats. What makes you any better?

First of all, you have absolutely no knowledge of any political party affiliation that I may have, so you are showing your ignorance.

It's obvious that you need to work on your reading skills, since you totally missed the part where I wrote "The Republicans are capable of the same bad behavior".

If you want to have a reasonable debate, then, fine. But the way you attacked Carseller's post with words he never wrote, and then attacked my reply, makes it look like you just want a confrontation. If that's the case, then, no thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you want to have a reasonable debate, then, fine. But the way you attacked Carseller's post with words he never wrote, and then attacked my reply, makes it look like you just want a confrontation. If that's the case, then, no thanks.

A "debate" is where people share opposing positions. That's what I have done. I don't want a confrontation, but I do enjoy a good argument. If you don't want to get opposing opinions on your posts, then an open forum probably isn't the right place. A place where everyone is just like you would probably be better!

Both you and Carseller made interesting comments regarding democrats and I shared my opinion of them. Do what you want with my opinions.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

A "debate" is where people share opposing positions. That's what I have done. I don't want a confrontation, but I do enjoy a good argument. If you don't want to get opposing opinions on your posts, then an open forum probably isn't the right place. A place where everyone is just like you would probably be better!

We're getting closer to agreeing..

You jump to conclusions. Where did I say I don't want opposing opinions?

I challenge you to show me where I said that.

What I'm talking about is, in response to the remark " Anything positive for America is bad for Democrats.", you come back with

"What are you talking about? Is this war GOOD for America? Is the death of thousands of our young troops GOOD for America? Is this senseless death GOOD for America?"

Now where did he even come close to inferring those things? Once again, I challenge you to show me.

Both of these examples are a result of you putting words in other people's mouths. Every time you do that, you're going to be challenged.

I have a feeling that you may be capable of a good debate, but you gotta shed the attack mode.

top topics

join