It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 2005 be the start of..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Could the year 2005 be the start of the of the end according to the Mayan Calander? It is stated through their texts over and over that they expect the world to come to an end in the year 2012 and that is only a mere seven years away from now. For some reason the number 7 just grabs my attention and I have no reason why.
The basis of my question comes from the many and unsual forms of calamitys that have befallen not only the U.S. but the other nations of the world. There are two groups in which to consider:
A. The weather
B. Negitive man made impacts on the Earth.

A. 1. First the weather impacts on the Earth. This past year of 2005, was one of the worst and most costly Hurricane seasons since records have been kept. Forcasters call for the next season to be even more destructive that '05. This is scarey.
I expect it to degrade even further as time goes on.
A. 2. The unexpected record snow in Japan. It has been reported that some areas have seen as much as 13 ft. The severe rain and flooding that has hit California and the upper Northwest states of Washington and Oreagon.
A. 3. The fires that are sweeping through the Midwestern states of Tex., Ok. on an scale never before seen and expected to continue.
A. 4. The great Tsuami that took well over 250,000 men,women, and children. Many more are missing and perhaps may never be found.
A. 5. The unusual warm weather the mid-Atlantic states are going through now. Yesterday, it was 65 degrees where I live in Va.
These are just some that stand out at the moment to me. It can also be be stated that perhaps some in this group could be the result of mans actions. I'll leave that to the imagenation of the reader.

The negitive impacts of man to our Earth:
B. 1. The great glaicers in both the Artic and Antartic are receding at an un presidented pace and large chunks are breaking off and posing hazards to shipping lanes. I strongly suspect that this is due to all the global warming most politicians say is not happening.
B. 2. The widespread pollution of our major water sources by big business with only there bottom line in consideration.
B. 3. The use of coal and other fossil fuels used to power our homes and business' and the tons of ash and soot they pump into the atmosphere. Nothing like a big gulp of bad air when you get up.

I think the Mayan peoples knew or had acess to the knowledge from who knows where, what would lead up to the end of the world in 2012. Her the number 7 leaps out at me.They were a highly advanced race who were years beyond in many techinical matters that still baffel us today. Where did they go and why? Were they beamed up after knowing what was going to happen here on earth in the appointed year or did they just die out over the years? Comments are welcome.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
in response to your weather related phenomenon, I believe this could just be a rash outbreak, or, far more likely, because of recent meteorological events, both the media and yourself are more in tune with what is happening around the world. The growing use of the internet and of course television to report and spread news allows more people to hear about more events occuring everyday. To sum it up, these things have occured for as long as man has been around, however now with easier access to information we hear more about it and therefor it seems as if there is more unusual activity.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
1) nowhere does the Mayan codex state that the earth will come to an end in 2012. This is a broadly distributed myth by shrewd authors trying to sell books and wild theorys.

2) Weather patterns come and go, due to the orbit of earth within the solar system, the solar system within the galaxy, the galaxy within the universe. These cycles produce cycles throughout all planets and celestial bodies.

3) The Mayan people didnt go anywhere. there are over 7 million living in the Yucatan today and you can have dinner with them any time you wish.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
in response to your weather related phenomenon, I believe this could just be a rash outbreak, or, far more likely, because of recent meteorological events, both the media and yourself are more in tune with what is happening around the world. The growing use of the internet and of course television to report and spread news allows more people to hear about more events occuring everyday. To sum it up, these things have occured for as long as man has been around, however now with easier access to information we hear more about it and therefor it seems as if there is more unusual activity.

That is a different take on the subject. We do have much more access to information put in front of us at any other time in the history of the world. I wonder though what would it have been like 3k. years ago with the weather, famine and the changes to the Earth itself?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There are always tons of bad things happening in the world, I bet many times long ago they've wondered if they signaled the end of the world. And every time it turned out wrong. (Duh)

Heres something I want to know. Why, exactly, are so many people facinated by the Mayan calender? Why? There are, I bet, tons of other ancient calanders out there but a good number of people seem so fixated on the Mayan one and how it apparently predicts "Doomsday" in 2012. How is it any more accurate and ours exactly? Thats what I wan't to know.

I don't think it has anymore evidence of Doomsday than anything else.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Kacen]

top topics

join