It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are hypocrites.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fredng
We can't blame the government not for disabling nuclear weapons. They may just take the chance of us disabling our nuclear weapons and invade us. E.T are known to lie too

That'd be like kindly asking ants to dull their pincers down before stomping on their ant hill
If an alien race advanced enough to travel across the galaxy wanted to invade us, I doubt nuclear weapons would be much of an obstacle for them.

[edit on 23/4/2006 by NightBlade40]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't know if it's been said, but here's what I think.

The Alien's that make/made contact here are not civilian Aliens, but high ranked military Aliens. The civilian Alien's over whatever planet they live are probaly wondering why we only make contact with their government and not them.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Okay,

I've clearly had WAY too much coffee and my mind is in overdrive.

Human's are aggressive (not all but a hefty percentage are more apt to be aggressive than passive - especially if it's a fight or flight scenario). It's a hypothalamus(sp) thing - ingrained but trainable over time. Fear based reaction=aggression.

How would we react to a full on meeting with otherworldly entities?

You gonna go out and offer them a cocoa and some biscuits?

No you'd lose your mind, run for the bunker, panic, grab your gun and expect the worst while hoping for the best. Mass hysteria would ensue. I know I'd have a heart attack if I turned on the morning news to see Aliens parked ont he front lawn of the white house or parliament hill...

They'd watch carefully. Explore the psyche of the polulation and it's leaders. Judge how best to introduce themselves to limit stress on the population and to minimize that lovely fear based agression. Bit by bit. Apparently time means little to them...so whats a few centuries or more of preparation and learning. Conditioning and shaping the situations to be condusive to a non-hostile engagement.

I don't think human's are capable as a whole of reacting at all favourably to a highly visual and well documented visitation -

Not by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its called "First Contact Directive" govern by the United Federation of Planets which states that first contact may not be achieved unless that civilization has developed and shown capable space Warp-drive engine technology. Clearly we have not shown that we have developed such technology!

Most likely, IMO, the US goverment knows and are in contact with EBE but choose not to disclose this important....yet

Obviously Gene Roddenberry is a prophet and everything in Star Trek are hidden messages.

[edit on 4/23/2006 by djsly]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
People are abducted, lied to, raped, implanted, probed, and in rare cases mutilated. I will go on chatting with the REAL abductees and still come up with more questions than I have answers.
[edit on 23-4-2006 by tommyb98201]

mod edit: format

[edit on 3-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Hear me out first, Im at like 99% of being a total believer in advanced alien life forms on other planets.
Theres just one question that always sets me back...

Why dont the aliens contact us, the people that is not shadowy govenments ?

During my research over the years i read somewhere that a race of aliens made contact with the US government. The Aliens told us something like we where not spiritual advanced enough to get there advanced technology. But how are we ment to spiritually advanced when we worship Nike,TV,Hollywood and 50 cent ?. IMHO the only thing that can spiritually awaken us, therefore spiritually advance would be if we the human race as a whole was contacted by a spiritually advanced alien race. Once the human race discovered we apart of a massive consciencessness we would advance. SO where do these aliens get of telling us we are not " spiritual advanced enough to get there advanced technology" and then leave us to be spiritually mislead by our govenments. You would think aliens are just us but million odd years down the line, so they much no how oppressive or governments can be. Leaving us NO chance to reach of full potential spiritually and no our place in the galaxy.

mod edit: title clarity

[edit on 11-1-2006 by sanctum]

ok first off, I'm 99.99999% sure that there are advanced alien life forms on other planets.

however I'm 100% sure none have ever come to visit this solar system.

It's too far away. end of story.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why dont the aliens contact us, the people that is not shadowy govenments ?

Maybe aliens are big believers in the concept of government, and don't think that dealing with individuals is useful in any way. If the aliens were part of a hive culture, for instance, they might see individuals like we see individual bees. If you wanted honey, talking to individual bees would be a pretty bad way to get it. You go to the hive.

Otherwise, it might be that because the government is always looking and listening for these aliens, they would naturally be first to contact and interact with them, not your average Joe Blow.

Just a guess.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The Aliens told us something like we where not spiritual advanced enough to get their advanced technology.

Maybe somebody could have asked them just what they meant by that. "Spiritually advanced." What the heck does that even mean? These aliens are not only hypocrites, they're vague and a little bit insulting, too. I say when we eventually get their advanced technology, we use it to show them some manners.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djsly
Its called "First Contact Directive" govern by the United Federation of Planets which states that first contact may not be achieved unless that civilization has developed and shown capable space Warp-drive engine technology. Clearly we have not shown that we have developed such technology!

YES! I was hoping that someone would put this!

Seriously though, I don't see where we merit being contacted at all. We haven't shown ourselves capable of getting along with our own species yet, much less another one.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nventual brings up a great point. We may be merely dealing with the their version of Nasa. They may be seeking to enter into formal agreements before trade and like occurs.

MMP

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The same thing always gets said in these kinds of thread. The message is always the same. It's always something along the lines of humans aren't smart enough or how we do something wrong. Here is an idea - maybe the alleged aliens have better things to do then contact the inhabitants of other planets. Where does this feeling that it's the alien's job or duty to come and save us from our own ignorance come from? Why waste the resources on us? What makes humans so special when there is a whole universe out there?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
What makes humans so special when there is a whole universe out there?

Hockey.

We're the only creatures in the universe that play hockey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join