It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apes May Have Evolved From Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Has anyone ever pondered the idea that apes may have evolved from humans? What if they started off as a family of humans that inbred for over a million years or so until they looked way different than other humans; thus resulting in them being classified into the animal kingdom? When humans inbreed certain family traits become more visible so what if the apes physical characteristics are just family traits that have been taken to extremes due to an ancient culture's obsession with incestuous marriages?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would say no. People who inbreed have to be like in the order of 3rd cousin I think. After 3rd cousin, I believe the chances of abnormalities diminishes to none. So it would have had to be a very small group of people that made up all the different species of ape. I would say that is very unlikely. Humans and apes originating from a common ancestor seams more likely IMO.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The evidence appears to support a different history.

Zip

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If humans and apes share a common ancestor, where's the missing link? The search continues... Evolution in this manner has been discredited and done away with in England anyway. They've even rewritten school books over there while we still hold true to the lie. At least that's what I've read on other topics on this forum. I think that the bigfoot myth was wrought from this search for the missing link between humans and apes. Yet the truth remains that there is no half human - half ape walking around on earth. Also, there is the fact that mutations that usually occur rarely aid the creature in its environment. Just look at all the different birth defects that exist. Every creature that exists today are well adapted to fit their environment. So if you believe in evolution, you think that a single creature mutated multiple times into other creatures and that all these mutations were actually beneficial. That doesn't sound likely. You can hold onto the popular belief in order to avoid being the oddball but freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude; and the truth shall set you free...

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have a question Negropolis. If you don't believe in evolution, then what's the point of your first post? For apes to have EVOLVED from humans, then wouldn't there be evolution involved? I'm a little confused.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
He's just baiting. This is what they do with a theory they don't understand. We all know, if we can't explain something to the letter, it must therefore be an act of god.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Premeditated segway to attack evolution? Now and then we get them here.. one even got banned four [?] times. Hovind gets lonely sometimes and craves attention.

If humans and apes share a common ancestor, where's the missing link? The search continues...

Which one do you want? There is no specific 'missing link' as it is a gradual process.. there are hundreds of primate variations to learn about. Want to know where whites come from? A mutation about thirty thousand years ago. That is evolution.

Evolution in this manner has been discredited and done away with in England anyway.

Saying something is discredited does not make it so.

They've even rewritten school books over there while we still hold true to the lie. At least that's what I've read on other topics on this forum.

This forum was established to discuss the conspiracy against evoltionary science.. which topics are your referring to? Perhaps you should read the other ones.

I think that the bigfoot myth was wrought from this search for the missing link between humans and apes. Yet the truth remains that there is no half human - half ape walking around on earth.

Humans did not come from apes. Apes did not come from humans. It hasn't sunk in yet has it?

Also, there is the fact that mutations that usually occur rarely aid the creature in its environment. Just look at all the different birth defects that exist. Every creature that exists today are well adapted to fit their environment.

The 'adapted' are the ones that didn't become extinct.. ones that have not adapted to change are on the endangered list.

So if you believe in evolution, you think that a single creature mutated multiple times into other creatures and that all these mutations were actually beneficial. That doesn't sound likely.

Not all mutations are beneficial.. if they are not beneficial they are not passed on.

You can hold onto the popular belief in order to avoid being the oddball but freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude; and the truth shall set you free...

Keep your 'thruth'.. you'll be needed it to protect you from the big scary facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't see gorillas originating in the african savanah, and I don't see any evidence mankinds ancestors are from anywhere else originally.

what environmental or sexual preference would drive the need for a gigantic hairy version of men ? Maybe if you can show me a time when africa was a rain forest or at least had a much colder climate

otherwise, no, I don't see it

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I don't see gorillas originating in the african savanah, and I don't see any evidence mankinds ancestors are from anywhere else originally.

Could you be more specific in what you mean? I want to be sure I'm reading it in the right context.

what environmental or sexual preference would drive the need for a gigantic hairy version of men ? Maybe if you can show me a time when africa was a rain forest or at least had a much colder climate

Africa has rainforests. Big ones [alot smaller since they cut some down for cattle grazing.]

Please elaborate.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes, Africa is not all desert. The Congo, which is such a thick jungle, has many miles of acreage that has not even seen a human's footprint. Please explain why you don't see gorillas coming from Africa. Isn't that exactly where gorillas are in the first place? I could be wrong but don't think so in this case.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I have a question Negropolis. If you don't believe in evolution, then what's the point of your first post? For apes to have EVOLVED from humans, then wouldn't there be evolution involved? I'm a little confused.

I mean evolution in a degenerative form. Human dna is way more complex than apes, so the inbreeding would gradually mutate ape dna to simplicity.
Like in the bible, humans lived to be hundreds of years old right. Well if this was true then our human dna has mutated in a degenerative way as well. Still confused?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

otherwise, no, I don't see it

For one, rain forests are hot and humid but gorillas live there with all that fur anyway. Maybe you can tell me why. The sexual preference would be incest, which would explain for the mutations; and the environment would have to be pretty isolated from other peoples and cultures for this to occur.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Premeditated segway to attack evolution? Now and then we get them here.. one even got banned four [?] times. Hovind gets lonely sometimes and craves attention.
Want to know where whites come from? A mutation about thirty thousand years ago. That is evolution.

You can hold onto the popular belief in order to avoid being the oddball but freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude; and the truth shall set you free...

I've heard that Hitler believed in evolution for everyone except his aryans who were created by god. His ignorance is astounding since he did have some jewish lineage. I also heard that evolution and darwinism justifies racism. Google it.
And if white skin is a mutation then what was the original skin color of primates? Are you saying that whites come from blacks?
Also, the latest archeological finds are the oldest fossils found and computer reconstruction proves that he looked like a regular dude. He wasn't monkeyfied at all. I saw on the history channel how a scientist created a hoax by fixing an ape jaw to human skull and saying it was ancient man. There's your peking man- piltdown man- kennwick man and lucy. If there heads were shaped funny it had to have been from tribal methods. And don't even try to play me like I'm not making sense here neither. All men are created equal; while most act like they're holier than thou.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I also heard that evolution and darwinism justifies racism

Science doesn't justify racism, morons justify rascism.

You clearly dont understand evoution. Its also obvious that you dont believe in it. This is fine, after all ignorance is bliss.

But please stop wheeling out these tired cliches of arguements. And your hilarious little

There's your peking man- piltdown man- kennwick man and lucy.

is just too cute, Piltdown man (a fake) was dug up in the UK by some morons. Lucy has nothing to do with that, being found in Africa and independantly verefied.

Hitler has nothing to do with the subject at hand, he was evil and used a misguided view of evolution to justify his ideas. Nothing to do with the idea of men turning into monkeys. Your idea has been dismissed and now your simply talking rubbish, showing your true colours as a creationist with no interest in the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEGROPOLIS
I've heard that Hitler believed in evolution for everyone except his aryans who were created by god. His ignorance is astounding since he did have some jewish lineage. I also heard that evolution and darwinism justifies racism. Google it.

I'm sure there would be plenty of anti-evolution propaganda that comes up on google.

And if white skin is a mutation then what was the original skin color of primates? Are you saying that whites come from blacks?

Yes I am. I'm glad that you are willing to learn.

Also, the latest archeological finds are the oldest fossils found and computer reconstruction proves that he looked like a regular dude. He wasn't monkeyfied at all. I saw on the history channel how a scientist created a hoax by fixing an ape jaw to human skull and saying it was ancient man.

You certainly 'hear' and 'see' alot. Maybe one day you'll actually back up what you have to say with some hard data.

If there heads were shaped funny it had to have been from tribal methods.

It's really amazing how tribes could actually change the structure of the brain cavity without killing their little artworks. Even more amazing that the could alter entire skeletal structures and dna with sharp sticks. Wow.

And don't even try to play me like I'm not making sense here neither.

You are playing with yourself as it's obvious you are unable to grasp the concept of evolution and are completely ignorant of the evidence that exists.. anything you say on the matter will not make sense as it is NOT based of common sense.

Once upon a time fundie church youth groups used to go for bush walks.. now they turn the church halls into net cafes.

It seems the creationalist movement now have 'plants'.. they can't admit they have lost the war and have now turned to cyber trolling [more specifically encouraging it- hovind has a 'how to' section on it] trying to get their backward message out.. I think you bit off more than you can chew.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The sexual preference would be incest, which would explain for the mutations; and the environment would have to be pretty isolated from other peoples and cultures for this to occur.

Hmm. I think we all respect the fact that you are taking an interest in science, but you should really educate yourself on the scientific issues and generally-agreed histories before taking a stab at altering the foundation of modern anthropological studies. If you like gorillas, and you seem to, maybe you should read a book about them.

I also heard that evolution and darwinism justifies racism.

There is no justification for racism.

Also, the latest archeological finds are the oldest fossils found and computer reconstruction proves that he looked like a regular dude. He wasn't monkeyfied at all.

There are few outstanding differences in appearance between modern humans and other primates anyways, in my opinion.

I saw on the history channel how a scientist created a hoax by fixing an ape jaw to human skull and saying it was ancient man. There's your peking man- piltdown man- kennwick man and lucy. If there heads were shaped funny it had to have been from tribal methods. And don't even try to play me like I'm not making sense here neither.

The Piltdown Man was first suspected to be a hoax in 1914, but was absolutely exposed in 1953. We don't know who the perpetrator was - he may or may not have been a scientist, a Jesuit, or a fossil collector. In any case, it's been well over 50 years since the discovery was hailed as any kind of actual find. What is your point?

All men are created equal; while most act like they're holier than thou.

Self-confidence is a positive character trait.

Zip

[edit on 1/12/2006 by Zipdot]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You all seem to think I'm a creationist but I am neither a creationist nor am I an evolutionist. I really don't have any true convictions about it all. I do understand that any point, no matter how fictional, can be argued and debated. I just intended to create a discussion based on a far out theory; even though it was based on creationistic views. I can't believe that some of you responded so rudely though. This is what I meant by stating the "holier than thou" phrase.

new topics

top topics

join