It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would a one world religion form?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I just had a brainstorm you guys! What if all the religions are already derivitave of one main religion but the population as mentioned earlier being brainwashed from birth don't know it. Wouldn't that be slick if the government has pulled that off already.

It's amazing the brainstorms one can have while smoking the wacky weed!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
The problem as I see it, is that people still think of the antichrist as a negative, when in fact anti in Greek is more often used meaning 'instead of' or 'in place of' rather than as it's commonly used in English meaning 'in antithesis to Christ.'

No, you are wrong. Anti means "opposite of", not "instead of". "Antithesis" is a composite Greek word: "anti" means "opposite of", "thesis" means "position".

Anthithesis relates to position as you say, I'm not disagreeing. Anti has no position therefore it cannot be negative, it is only when you think of it as being against something that it becomes a negative.

eg. anti-inflammatory

Can you have anti-nothing?

Does the antithesis of something always have to be its logical opposite?

What is logical opposite?

Unless logic is the same for everyone, logical opposite is merely a combination of words that is different to different people. Logical opposite could very well be unique.

Is that not logical?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To break into the subject with a non-contextual (to the current discussion) opinion, I firmly believe the only way to create a one onle global belief is by force, and we all know how that turns out.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Panzeroth]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Wel, without any kind of divine seeming events happening, I can see one way that a single world religion would be crreated, but for that to happen billions would have to die, and al children after that would have to be brainwashed from birth.

I agree with the billions dying being a likely nudge for us to finally 'play nice', and 'share', and 'live and let live'. Then we might have seen enough to do it. But I have a faith in spiritual reality that is firm, and devoid of any brainwashing. It is unique, and is not affiliated with any church. It is based on personal observation of my own life experiences. Which btw took 30+ years and dozens of events to finally make me a believer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join